Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not exactly a compliment there, is it... :P

Modric is more mobile, though. Ganso can't move for his life.

Thing is think we'll see a different Gibson. He'll want to do well and have a point to prove

Thing is think we'll see a different Gibson. He'll want to do well and have a point to prove

Right now I feel down and in need of a drink. Or two. Or three.

But I'm the pessimistic type, always been. "Blessed is he who expects nothing for he shall never be dissapointed". With some (a lot) of luck he'll do fine.

Right now I feel down and in need of a drink. Or two. Or three.

But I'm the pessimistic type, always been. Never expect anything - that way you don't get disappointed. With some (a lot) of luck he'll do fine.

Pretty much why I don't get hopeful when Saha is one on one with the goalkeeper lately

That's a horrible comparison. Ramires doesn't strike you as the strong type because he's small, but he's quite strong. Ganso OTOH could be shoulder charged by a midget.

Ramires is a horrible comparison.

Ganso is definite not too weak for the PL though..

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"][/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Height
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Weight
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Ramires
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]1.80m
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]73kg
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Ganso
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]1.82m
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]78kg
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

I know that dimensions wouldnt tell who is stronger, but I couldnt say who is stronger either. Maybe Rami. However, Ganso can work on his body..

Remember SAF told Chicharito that he must build some muscle and he's done that since joining United. He's stronger now.

So no problem for Ganso.

[TABLE="class: grid, width: 500"]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"][/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Height
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]Weight
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Ramires
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]1.80m
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]73kg
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="align: center"]Ganso
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]1.82m
[/TD]
[TD="align: center"]78kg
[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

I know that dimensions wouldnt tell who is stronger, but I couldnt say who is stronger either. Maybe Rami. However, Ganso can work on his body..

Remember SAF told Chicharito that he must build some muscle and he's done that since joining United. He's stronger now.

So no problem for Ganso.
So you're comparing Chicharito's situation (Who was what, 4th in the pecking order?) to a player who's expected to slot right into midfield? There's a big difference there, you don't flash out some 15-20m for a player you have to mould yourself.

I think Moyes has something up his sleeve with Gibson. He's no fool. Gibson's been wholly average for United, but average for United is decent for most of the rest of the league.

They won't sell Di Maria - you can bank on that. He's been brilliant this season and is a crucial part of their team.

Finally converted you, has he? I won't say I told you so. :P

PS: Gibson must be good. I just scored a hat-trick with him on Ultimate FIFA against my flatmate.

Last edited:
So you're comparing Chicharito's situation (Who was what, 4th in the pecking order?) to a player who's expected to slot right into midfield? There's a big difference there, you don't flash out some 15-20m for a player you have to mould yourself.

You kinda do, if you want the best. Look at AOC at Arsenal, he cost £12m, and he wasn't a world wide known player, which Ganso kinda is. When Walcott went to Arsenal, he also cost £10m or so, and he was hardly a finished article. Granted they are English, but they were much lower profile than Ganso, so you can see why he would cost £15m+, and much like Sandro, be worked into the 1st team slowly, rather than rushing him, which would aid his development considerably more than just going 'Right, you cost us £15m, you have to start every game, and be awesome.'.

Shaqiri's just ruined his career. If the rumours about an 8m move to Galatasaray are true, of course.

I think Moyes has something up his sleeve with Gibson. He's no fool. Gibson's been wholly average for United, but average for United is decent for most of the rest of the league.

Finally converted you, has he? I won't say I told you so. :P

PS: Gibson must be good. I just scored a hat-trick with him on Ultimate FIFA against my flatmate.

I should've known better than to be so obvious with my praise for him on here...

Still think he's a diving *****, but he's changed his game this season and is clearly doing very well.

You kinda do, if you want the best. Look at AOC at Arsenal, he cost £12m, and he wasn't a world wide known player, which Ganso kinda is. When Walcott went to Arsenal, he also cost £10m or so, and he was hardly a finished article. Granted they are English, but they were much lower profile than Ganso, so you can see why he would cost £15m+, and much like Sandro, be worked into the 1st team slowly, rather than rushing him, which would aid his development considerably more than just going 'Right, you cost us £15m, you have to start every game, and be awesome.'.

AOC is what, 17, 18? Ganso is 22. Plus, Walcott is ****.

Actually, if the talent is there, you do.

I quote you one wayne rooney.

22, which really isnt that old, considering his development. he has 10 years left

You're missing my point - if Ganso is to be bought to replace Modric, you expect him to slot into your first XI. AOC was a 17 year old that was never expected to be a first team regular right away, and Chicharito (Dunc's example) wasn't bought to be a first-teamer from the start, either.

Actually, if the talent is there, you do.

I quote you one wayne rooney.

How exactly did Rooney need to be adapted to the premier league? =/

Chicharito (Dunc's example)

? Never said anything about Chicharito?

Anyway, if they sell Modric for £30m or so, which is what is being thrown around, then they still have VDV, Sandro, Thudd, Parker, Kranjcar and Pienaar that can play in the middle, if they were to play Bale and Lennon on the wings. There is enough creativity there to give Ganso time to adapt to the premier league, rather than just shove him in there and say 'GOGOGGOGOGOGOGOGOGGOGOGOGOGO!'.

You're missing my point - if Ganso is to be bought to replace Modric, you expect him to slot into your first XI. AOC was a 17 year old that was never expected to be a first team regular right away, and Chicharito (Dunc's example) wasn't bought to be a first-teamer from the start, either.

How exactly did Rooney need to be adapted to the premier league? =/

Your point was that you donnt spend 15-20 on a player you have to mould. Rooney still had to be moulded. whether its growing in the league, or adapting to a new one, the argument is the same. Ganso would be a long term replacement, there would be a settling period, but the is enough quality around him for it not to affect the side. He would be a force for 8-10 years. you think they would go "nah not worth it" cos he might be average for the first 6-8 months?

Last edited:
? Never said anything about Chicharito?

Sorry, I meant John Terry's example. No, not the racist one, the other.

Anyway, if they sell Modric for £30m or so, which is what is being thrown around, then they still have VDV, Sandro, Thudd, Parker, Kranjcar and Pienaar that can play in the middle, if they were to play Bale and Lennon on the wings. There is enough creativity there to give Ganso time to adapt to the premier league, rather than just shove him in there and say 'GOGOGGOGOGOGOGOGOGGOGOGOGOGO!'.

Out of those you mentioned I'm not sure there's a single one that can play a la Modric.

Sorry, I meant John Terry's example. No, not the racist one, the other.

Out of those you mentioned I'm not sure there's a single one that can play a la Modric.

deep lying pm? Thudd, Spurs will just play slightly different, as they do whenever any player is out

Your point was that you donnt spend 15-20 on a player you have to mould. Rooney still had to be moulded. whether its growing in the league, or adapting to a new one, the argument is the same. Ganso would be a long term replacement, there would be a settling period, but the is enough quality around him for it not to affect the side. He would be a force for 8-10 years. you think they would go "nah not worth it" cos he might be average for the first 6-8 months?

I wouldn't shell out on Ganso when there will probably be better, cheaper and more adequate options available in the market, and you expect the player to be a starter in the short-ish term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back