Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date
  • Replies 8K
  • Views 607K
Status
Not open for further replies.
He wont get that at us... I think he is more likely to be on 65-80, which is still a pay rise

He's probably not moved yet, because he's still engineering himself the best wages, for probably, sitting on the bench most the time.

He's probably not moved yet, because he's still engineering himself the best wages, for probably, sitting on the bench most the time.

That and he was on England Duty last week, and likely to be on holiday now.

Where would Nasri fit in? He doesn't have the vision or passing range of Scholes or Giggs and whatever Sunil says about rotation, he's not going to rotate the AMC position with Rooney IMO. Would Rooney move left in a 4-2-3-1?

NB: Obviously I'm joking about rotation.. Let's not go into that.

Where would Nasri fit in? He doesn't have the vision or passing range of Scholes or Giggs and whatever Sunil says about rotation, he's not going to rotate the AMC position with Rooney IMO. Would Rooney move left in a 4-2-3-1?

I think Nasri would fit into the wider position well at Utd, or play the Role giggs currently plays.

Rooney would move to a further forward position when Nasri plays.

Either RW, LW or even CM. No way he will get a chance to play as #10..

Either RW, LW or even CM. No way he will get a chance to play as #10..

Well he's not really proved himself on the left, he thrived on the right with a striker dropping deep (which Hernandez doesn't do) and doesn't have the vision or passing-range to play the deep-lying CM role you usually have there (Scholes, Giggs) so I figure either you drop Hernandez when Nasri plays, or play him as a #10.

Or best of all - keep your grubby hands off him ;)

Well he's not really proved himself on the left, he thrived on the right with a striker dropping deep (which Hernandez doesn't do) and doesn't have the vision or passing-range to play the deep-lying CM role you usually have there (Scholes, Giggs) so I figure either you drop Hernandez when Nasri plays, or play him as a #10.

So Rooney dropping deep doesnt count then when Nasri is on the right.

It isnt Prince Samirs fault he wants to become a king like King Patrice says ;)

He wont be playing deep if he starts as a CM. He will play beside Carrick who do lot of defensive work and very disciplined.

He can play as LW or RW in 4-2-3-1 and Rooney drops deep ;)

And also if Giggs can play as CM at 37, surely Nasri can with few tweaks in his game?

There's a difference between Rooney and RvP. RvP is a false nine, whereas Rooney plays a much more permanent role as an attacking midfielder. It's a bit more complex than that, but in the essence it means that United don't benefit from the false nine effect like Arsenal do.

No - that's the point. You rarely play with 2 proper strikers; Nasri has worked well cutting in off the ball behind a lone striker dropping deep. That player wouldn't be Hernandez, but Rooney.

There's a difference between Rooney and RvP. RvP is a false nine, whereas Rooney plays a much more permanent role as an attacking midfielder. It's a bit more complex than that, but in the essence it means that United don't benefit from the false nine effect like Arsenal do.

So effectively, Nasri might need to make a couple of small tweaks at Utd, Hardly end of the world.

He wont be playing deep if he starts as a CM. He will play beside Carrick who do lot of defensive work and very disciplined.

He can play as LW or RW in 4-2-3-1 and Rooney drops deep ;)

And also if Giggs can play as CM at 37, surely Nasri can with few tweaks in his game?

Having that vision isn't a "tweak" to your game, it's how you grow up playing and usually have from a young age. Arsenal's tactics are built around Cesc's vision and passing range - Nasri simply doesn't have that. He's an attacking midfielder, not a centre-mid.

He's not played well on the left hand side. Not sure why, but whenever we've played him there, he's not been as good as he can be. Giggs has drive, but his main quality is his experience and passing range.

IF we were to sign him Nasri would probably play a variety of roles. That is something he would need to accept

1) As an MC driving forwards

2) coming in from wide left

3) Behind the striker when Rooney is deployed as a Lone Forward False 9

4) AMC or AML in an asymmetric 4-2-3-1

So effectively, Nasri might need to make a couple of small tweaks at Utd, Hardly end of the world.

No, indeed. I'm not suggesting he'll be ineffective, he's an excellent player.

No - that's the point. You rarely play with 2 proper strikers; Nasri has worked well cutting in off the ball behind a lone striker dropping deep. That player wouldn't be Hernandez, but Rooney.

Nasri is not a robot to play the same way Joss.. He can tweak his game and get used to our style if we ever make a bid or sign him. Simple as that..

Nasri is not a robot to play the same way Joss.. He can tweak his game and get used to our style if we ever make a bid or sign him. Simple as that..

Can we please refer to Nasri as Prince Samir, Sounds so much cooler.

Status
Not open for further replies.