• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 84K

Full-Time Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really only watch Arsenal for Wilshere, because I'm curious on how good he'll be.
But wow, he played like a natural experienced player tonight and that excites me and I'm sure it's exciting the English public and Fabio.

Singing the same, repetetive chants, atmosphere really wasn't that great.

Dont see how you can judge that when you wern't there. You can't feel atmosphere through a screen.Only noise.

erm, proves my point?
lack of chants = lack of atmosphere.

you could almost hear a pin drop in the emirates tonight.
Expect Barcelona to absolutely thrash you's in Spain. Look forward to it :)
rather be in their position than yours, at least they are playing CL football.

Tough game at the Camp Nou, keep it tight till they tire, then go for the kill

Pretty pathetic at the amount of holes being picked here. It seems people who wanted Barca to win are quick to point out the bad things about the game like vocal support from Arsenal fans which wasn't even bad rather than the good things and my god, that was a great game to watch.

erm, proves my point?

oh stop being bitter. enjoy the europa

erm, proves my point?

A pin drop? Far from true.

Im not going to have an argument with someone who would be singing Liverpools praises till next week if they beat someone like Barca.

So what if they didn't sing as much as they could, who cares.

Well done the Arsenal, deserved IMO. Wilshere was fantastic along with Kos.

Just a fantastic game to watch.

Almunia would of probably done equally as well as as szczesny, he was inspiring at the 2-2 last year at Camp Nou. But really, Ibrahimovic was the one testing him, and I'd stock Villa higher than him, but Messi had so many one on ones that he missed, it looked like it wasn't his night at all.

Well still credit to szczesny he did everything required of him and Messi missing is not his problem he just makes sure its not easy for him by placing himself well and making himself big.

Also Koscielny played well very solid, a couple of errors from Arsenal that annoyed me the tendency to try play their way out of defense and then losing the ball. Clichy and Eboue i am looking at you.

Overall although Barca had the greater possession I am pleased Arsenal had a good number of chances and played much better than last year, especially in the 2nd half and the beginning of the 1st half.

Pretty pathetic at the amount of holes being picked here. It seems people who wanted Barca to win are quick to point out the bad things about the game like vocal support from Arsenal fans which wasn't even bad rather than the good things and my god, that was a great game to watch.
its embarassing to be honest, people need to grow up

Credit to the arsenal for winning, fantastic result. They're still going to get their ***** handed to them at the Nou Camp though.

erm, proves my point?

Wonder if this result would do anything against Barcelona in the league, would be horrendous, they were shell shocked by Athletic Bilbao in the Copa, 0-0 and 1-1, so without Puyol, this could be bad. At any rate Madrid will screw up again :).

Yea, commentary noted the lack of activity throughout, but I'm happier because I am now €50 richer, my cousin said Barcelona had it in the bag, whenever we meet up again in Tenerife I won't make him forget it XD.

WE just beat the best team in the world after being 1-0 down

:wub: Arsenal

I think any team in the world would be thrilled to beat Barca, so Arsenal fans have a right to be happy.

Despite the result in 2 weeks. We'll enjoy it while we can.

Dont see how you can judge that when you wern't there. You can't feel atmosphere through a screen.Only noise.

Meh, when I watch replays of Liverpool Champions League matches I can feel the atmosphere, even Champions League nights at Old Trafford. Don't get me wrong I like Arsenal, I wanted them to win, but I expected more than plastic flags and boring, annoying chants from the fans.

Arsenal have about 3 songs anyway!

Jack Wilshere was the best player on the pitch, enough said. Even koscielny had a good game, good solid performance, tie is far from over.. but my money is still heavily on barca.
Whatever happened to, "He's hiding in Kabul, he loves the Arsenal, Osama, Osama, ohhhhhhh...." what, was it in bad taste :'(

Well played Arsenal! Wilshere was top class definatly MOM in my opinion.

Well, Arsenal played very well in the second half to come back and beat the world's best team, but yet Barcelona were still the better team. Arsenal were able to be onside most of the match, and have more shots on goal than Barcelona, yet Barca controlled more of the possession than Arsenal.

It goes both ways. Arsenal fans, go nuts. You won. You beat the world's greatest team and you did it when you were down a goal at half-time. Who wouldn't? I put my hands up to say I would go mental if Manchester United did. Especially if it were in the Champions League final back in 2009.

The only real question is if they can hold it against them in the second leg. They'll obviously find it difficult, but it's all about the key players performing under the heavy pressure of the home fans, and their constant mockery of their mistakes when they are on the ball, or lose possession. Barcelona will probably score a few at home, maybe even get into the quarter finals.

But for now, Arsenal fans should have the right to revel in this win. Regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back