UCL: Arsenal Vs FC Barcelona 1st k/o round

Full-Time Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
they scored from an own goal, how can you say they will go on to score more in the half? Im pretty sure if it was as simple as that then Barcelona wouldnt be the best team in the world. If you attack Barcelona without being defensively responsible they will pick you apart, simple as that. The first leg is not proof in the slightest. A horrific keeping error for the first goal and then Barcelona fatigue and all out attack allowed Arsenal to score 2nd. Arsenal got a key decision in that match as well. Quite frankly the stats from the match and everyone here will tell YOU ARE WRONG. case closed

MY POINT IS BARCELONA IS NOT UNBEATABLE! That is what I want to say, and no one but no one can tell me that if RVP stayed in the game ( the red card is not his fault ) it would have been the same game going in a same way. If Busquets didn't send the ball to his own net it would have been the Arsenal player behind him who would have done it.

Arsene Wenger was speaking the truth never a red card ever

First of all I am LIVERPOOL fan and I am acting here as a neutral.
Second, they scored an own goal that is true but they started making chances, right from the start of the 2nd half.
Third, if RVP stayed in the game he would have score the last chance which Benthner missed! And btw they would have created more cause they would have on player more.

All hypothetical. Who's to say RVP would have been in the same place as Bendtner? They made no chances. Nasri got the corner from running to the flag and kicking it at Abidal because he could do nothing else. They created the same amount of chances with RVP as they did without RVP - 0.

dont think he realises in that each of the 10 times we have played barca we have been the supposedly "inferior" team. yet the record is bang even

Barca are very good, but not invincible

Alright Mike, I will agree your point, this argument I have said in the past, they're both quality sides and are equals at this level of competition, don't take me serious post-matches when Arsenal lose, goes for anything I say loads of **** when Arsenal loses.

also people seem to be forgetting that if we had won tonight it does not mean in any form we would of gone on to win it, we are still a club who need big improvements, the only positive is that now we can focus on the league but that is still a big task.... IMO we lack the experience but have the talent to do it and without the combo of both it is a tall ask

dont think he realises in that each of the 10 times we have played barca we have been the supposedly "inferior" team. yet the record is bang even

Barca are very good, but not invincible

I believe im right in saying Chelsea's record against them is even also. I know we have never lost against them when the game has finished with 11v11 and this stretches back to 1999. Yes i know its our fault for getting the player sent off but still.

Just found for the record.

Chelsea vs Barcelona since 1999:
Played 10 - won - 3 - drew 4 - lost 3.

Even just like i stated it would be and in the 3 we have lost we have had a player sent off in all of them. 1999 away tie we have Babayaro sent off, and then in recent times Del Horno and Drogba.

All hypothetical. Who's to say RVP would have been in the same place as Bendtner? They made no chances. Nasri got the corner from running to the flag and kicking it at Abidal because he could do nothing else. They created the same amount of chances with RVP as they did without RVP - 0.

Yeah, but imagine they had one player more. They would of create far more chances then 2 or 3 they have created without him.

I believe im right in saying Chelsea's record against them is even also. I know we have never lost against them when the game has finished with 11v11 and this stretches back to 1999. Yes i know its our fault for getting the player sent off but still.

Even just like i stated it would be.
exact same record as united

Barça deserved the win. Red card will give a lot of dicussions, but barça played better than arsenal and created more chances. arsenal had one chance at the end of the game. the own goal was really stupid, barça had the total control of the game.

Any team that goes on to beat this Barca team in the champions league, Fair play. They truely showed they are different class today but as for the Barca vs Utd argument, I truely believe Utd are alot more suited to beat Barca then we are. More pyhsical presence, more grit and solid defence, Would love to see Utd travel to the Nou camp at some point..

Even just like i stated it would be and in the 3 we have lost we have had a player sent off in all of them. 1999 away tie we have Babayaro sent off, and then in recent times Del Horno and Drogba.

United and Chelsea have considerable more mental strength than Arsenal too. Not saying we'd beat them, but to write us off? Ridiculous.

MY POINT IS BARCELONA IS NOT UNBEATABLE! That is what I want to say, and no one but no one can tell me that if RVP stayed in the game ( the red card is not his fault ) it would have been the same game going in a same way. If Busquets didn't send the ball to his own net it would have been the Arsenal player behind him who would have done it.

getting tired of this pointless argument. When did I say Barca were invincible. You said Arsenal deserved to win and quite clearly they didn't. Every can see that why can't you? You are just speaking hypothetically now. Equally if Van Persie hadn't been sent off he could have continued to have 0 shots. Again equally if Busquets had headed it the right way there would have been no goal whatsoever. Face it you are now basing your argument on hypothetical events, which is not evidence

United and Chelsea have considerable more mental strength than Arsenal too. Not saying we'd beat them, but to write us off? Ridiculous.

I'd better just write things and erase them before I post after Arsenal has a bad result

Utd and Chelsea could both beat Barca without a dout.
Spoken like a true chelsea fan. You can't even beat us at home. I'll look forward to your humiliation if you make it far enough.

And on topic, how many arsenal fans were calling the ref **** in the first leg? Alex song not sent off? Messi goal wrongly disallowed? Haha mugs. Easy to blame the ref for a poor decision when you can't even manage 1 shot all game (with or with RVP).

Football won today.

Yer i totally agree. I would have prefered Arsenal to go through tonight dont get me wrong but when i saw the draw at no point did i think Arsenal would win this tie. Arsenal dont have the mental and physical strengh to beat a side such as Barca.

getting tired of this pointless argument. When did I say Barca were invincible. You said Arsenal deserved to win and quite clearly they didn't. Every can see that why can't you? You are just speaking hypothetically now. Equally if Van Persie hadn't been sent off he could have continued to have 0 shots. Again equally if Busquets had headed it the right way there would have been no goal whatsoever. Face it you are now basing your argument on hypothetical events, which is not evidence

Ok, may we finish this as unfair way of treating Arsenal? Cause the ref was far to stricter to Arsenal then Barca, that is what made me angry. I don't have any problem with Barca and their fluid style of playing football but the approach of the ref was very poor today. You will agree with this I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.