UCL: Arsenal Vs FC Barcelona 1st k/o round

Full-Time Score

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any team that goes on to beat this Barca team in the champions league, Fair play. They truely showed they are different class today but as for the Barca vs Utd argument, I truely believe Utd are alot more suited to beat Barca then we are. More pyhsical presence, more grit and solid defence, Would love to see Utd travel to the Nou camp at some point..
honestly at first they were the one team i wanted us to avoid. But you know what, im relishing the possibility of going there, even if we get knocked out. The chance to put one over Barca makes it worth it

Need to get past Marseille first though

Arsenal fell just short again, but they did themselves proud to be honest, very proud

People seem to be forgetting Barca got their second goal, which was perfectly okay, declared offside at the Emirates.

Well, the pressure increases even more for Wenger to win a trophy now. This MAY be beneficial, if he wants the Prem title

Spoken like a true chelsea fan. You can't even beat us at home. I'll look forward to your humiliation if you make it far enough.

And on topic, how many arsenal fans were calling the ref **** in the first leg? Alex song not sent off? Messi goal wrongly disallowed? Haha mugs. Easy to blame the ref for a poor decision when you can't even manage 1 shot all game (with or with RVP).

Football won today.

It would be a totally different game?? Im basing this on past Chelsea/Utd vs Barca games. Critisise all you want and we might not make it far enough your right but atleast we took part.

I'm just proud of my team for there hard work in this tie they worked hard in both games

Never liked Barca never will but they were the better team and deserved to win

The Red card was definitely not a Red and had an effect on the game

Yer i totally agree. I would have prefered Arsenal to go through tonight dont get me wrong but when i saw the draw at no point did i think Arsenal would win this tie. Arsenal dont have the mental and physical strengh to beat a side such as Barca.

Same, I was rooting for them all the way. I always support the British teams in Europe, and if not that, just for a team to show Barcelona aren't unbeatable.

honestly at first they were the one team i wanted us to avoid. But you know what, im relishing the possibility of going there, even if we get knocked out. The chance to put one over Barca makes it worth it

Arsenal fell just short again, but they did themselves proud to be honest, very proud

Indeed, wouldn't mind a Barca tie at all. Plus, there's no shame in losing to a side like them either. So it's win-win! ^^)

Spoken like a true chelsea fan. You can't even beat us at home. I'll look forward to your humiliation if you make it far enough.

And on topic, how many arsenal fans were calling the ref **** in the first leg? Alex song not sent off? Messi goal wrongly disallowed? Haha mugs. Easy to blame the ref for a poor decision when you can't even manage 1 shot all game (with or with RVP).

Football won today.

Just like the Ref was **** on Sunday i bet you weren't calling him **** were you it works both ways

Same, I was rooting for them all the way. I always support the British teams in Europe, and if not that, just for a team to show Barcelona aren't unbeatable.

Same here mate. And although Barca won and played some exciting football over the 2 legs there was nothing that suggested to me that someone couldnt beat them.

Football won today.

Absolutely ridiculous this, what has this got to do with Chelsea not beating Liverpool?

People have quite righty said that Barcelona are not unbeatable, referring to the English teams that have beaten them in the past such as United, Chelsea, and Liverpool. However, we shouldn't forget here that Barcelona are a completely different animal from what they were a few seasons back.

In a way Arsenal played into Barca's hands with the style of football they play. How you can say 'Football won' when Arsenal go out to attack in every game I can remember them playing. They were just simply not able to play and were forced to defend tonight.

IIRC, quite a few said that Song was quite lucky to have stayed on the pitch and that Messi's goal should of stood.

And this whole 'couldn't get a shot on target' is a stupid point. It would of only taken one shot on goal that went in and nobody would be mentioning the lack of shots on target.

We didn't go there to score, Wenger clearly had us go out with the mindset to not concede or at least stay in the game until the final 30 where we have hurt them the last 2 times we have still been in the game then. Sadly the red card ruined any chance we had of using any advantage in fitness we would of had.

Its a growing pattern though Mike. We fall short over and over again we lack them few quality players who would push us across the line. Although I agree we've got nothing to be ashamed about, the performance tonight was lacklustre from the what the stats say but anyone who watched it knows we could of nicked it at the end.

Thats the frustrating thing with Arsenal sometimes. They always fall JUST short. They get so close, then....thats it. With a whimper. Its a real shame as they have some quality players.

Its a growing pattern though Mike. We fall short over and over again we lack them few quality players who would push us across the line. Although I agree we've got nothing to be ashamed about, the performance tonight was lacklustre from the what the stats say but anyone who watched it knows we could of nicked it at the end.
this is the difference between arsenal and barca. if barca dont have that player they need, and hes isnt coming through any time soon, they will buy a ready/near ready replacement. Arsenal dont do this

Ok, may we finish this as unfair way of treating Arsenal? Cause the ref was far to stricter to Arsenal then Barca, that is what made me angry. I don't have any problem with Barca and their fluid style of playing football but the approach of the ref was very poor today. You will agree with this I hope.

As I said from the beginning yes Arsenal had a very poor decision go against them in this match (however they also had key decisions go for them in the 1st leg). You blamed the ref for the reason that Arsenal lost and said they deserved to win, which is simply not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.