UEFA Superleague - 2023/24

@SquawkaNews
·
Apr 20, 2021
Premier League statement on the Super League: "The Premier League, alongside The FA, met with clubs today to discuss the immediate implications of the Super League proposal. The 14 clubs at the meeting unanimously and vigorously rejected the plans for the competition."

Squawka News

@SquawkaNews

Premier League statement on the Super League: "The Premier League is considering all actions available to prevent it from progressing, as well as holding those Shareholders involved to account under its rules. "

🤞🏻🤞🏻

I honestly think this will be over bu the end of the week.
I'm with you on this one, although I have a feeling that UEFA will be the ones making concessions with regards to the Europa and Champions League formats and probably in broadcasting rights.

The individual players and their reactions will be key to the whole process not threats from FIFA, UEFA, FAs or governments the owners don't give a flying F about the governing bodies nor do they care what supporters think but without the backing of the players the whole thing is dead in the water.

Bar Perez, who's just a seriously unhinged mad *******, gutless ***** the lot of them!

But it WON’T be forgotten.
I believe most owners didn't know what they were getting into besides Perez. Perez, of course, being a veteran in the game along with the ever consistent politics he's involved in is used to controversy. He bathes in it at this point.

I'm with you on this one, although I have a feeling that UEFA will be the ones making concessions with regards to the Europa and Champions League formats and probably in broadcasting rights.

The individual players and their reactions will be key to the whole process not threats from FIFA, UEFA, FAs or governments the owners don't give a flying F about the governing bodies nor do they care what supporters think but without the backing of the players the whole thing is dead in the water.

Exactly how I see it.

This has never been anything more than a power play against UEFA’s CL reform bollocks.

Make no mistake... From an English perspective... Manchester United are driving this.

uhhhh, but not surprised either.
Get it right the Glazers and their crones are driving it not the club. The players, fans and probably 99.9% of the staff are against the whole idea. The Club was there before the Glazers and their American Debt arrived and it will be there long after these leeches have been driven out.

Get it right the Glazers and their crones are driving it not the club. The players, fans and probably 99.9% of the staff are against the whole idea. The Club was there before the Glazers and their American Debt arrived and it will be there long after these leeches have been driven out.

That's what all the holier than thou gobshites currently spouting off all over social media and the net need to educate themselves on. It's not the clubs here. (Barcelona and Madrid probably excepted. I don't think their fans give 2 F's either way.). It's unscrupulous multi-billionaires treating it like their plaything.

Which as you note, is a minuscule percentage of everyone else that makes up the respective football clubs. Who are most all COMPLETELY against this bullshit.

People both need to separate the two and understand that 'there but for the grace of God.' As their own owners would jump at the chance in similar circumstances.

Point in case from the decent lads in Madrid-

1618928583755.png

JUST IN: As per a source close to FIFA, it is not expected that the imposition of the 50+1 rule by the Government on English football will be deemed a breach of its rules on Government interference #mufc #mujournal [@ben_rumsby]

Yeah I think UEFA and national associations are mostly helpless without strong support from the players. Governments will probably stay out of it for the time being. Although it's an election winner if you block the ESL so I would expect government stepping in if UEFA/PL fail. And Perez is a big playa, but if government are determined to **** him up, they're gonna **** him up.