UEFA Superleague - 2023/24

The comments from that mad btard Perez over night are seriously worrying.

You don’t attack UEFA so vociferously and come back from that.

According to leading sports rights expert Juan de Dios Crespo, the Super League clubs are unlikely to be kicked out of this season's #UCL & #UEL , or at least not without serious compensation. They can be denied entry to the competitions next season at most. #MUFC

It’s wrong but anything associated with said clubs are gonna get pelters till it gets thrown out

And anyone either doing that or condoning that has no grasp of the issue.

Theres ways and means and thinking all club employees are ‘fair game’ to send a message is not one of them.

And anyone either doing that or condoning that has no grasp of the issue.

Theres ways and means and thinking all club employees are ‘fair game’ to send a message is not one of them.
Made me laugh Klopp saying the club are good owners last night. I know he had to be careful but that’s just a joke after agreeing to the ESL lol.

Sky Sports News

@SkySportsNews

"Either you're in or you're out. You cannot be half in or half out." FIFA president Gianni Infantino has voiced his disapproval of the European Super League and says the clubs involved "must live with the consequences of their choice".

Good statement from Everton.

Everton is saddened and disappointed to see proposals of a breakaway league pushed forward by six clubs.

Six clubs acting entirely in their own interests.

Six clubs tarnishing the reputation of our league and the game.

Six clubs choosing to disrespect every other club with whom they sit around the Premier League table.

Six clubs taking for granted and even betraying the majority of football supporters across our country and beyond.

At this time of national and international crisis - and a defining period for our game - clubs should be working together collaboratively with the ideals of our game and its supporters uppermost.

Instead, these clubs have been secretly conspiring to break away from a football pyramid that has served them so well.

And in that Pyramid Everton salutes EVERY club, be it Leicester City, Accrington Stanley, Gillingham, Lincoln City, Morecambe, Southend United, Notts County and the rest who have, with their very being, enriched the lives of their supporters throughout the game's history. And vice versa.

The self-proclaimed Super Six appear intent on disenfranchising supporters across the game - including their own - by putting the very structure that underpins the game we love under threat.

The backlash is understandable and deserved – and has to be listened to.

This preposterous arrogance is not wanted anywhere in football outside of the clubs that have drafted this plan.

On behalf of everyone associated with Everton, we respectfully ask that the proposals are immediately withdrawn and that the private meetings and subversive practises that have brought our beautiful game to possibly its lowest ever position in terms of trust end now.

Finally we would ask the owners, chairmen, and Board members of the six clubs to remember the privileged position they hold – not only as custodians of their clubs but also custodians of the game. The responsibility they carry should be taken seriously.

We urge them all to consider what they wish their legacy to be.

Everton FC Board of Directors

Made me laugh Klopp saying the club are good owners last night. I know he had to be careful but that’s just a joke after agreeing to the ESL lol.

Context. In context they have been in many ways.

But this is one mistake too far. They now need to go.

But therein lies the rub.

The alternative is liable to be far worse as the level we are at and the serious money at play is not the sort of character you want associated with the football club.

Its a proper Catch-22.

Context. In context they have been in many ways.

But this is one mistake too far. They now need to go.

But therein lies the rub.

The alternative is liable to be far worse as the level we are at and the serious money at play is not the sort of character you want associated with the football club.

Its a proper Catch-22.
Yeah agree. Just thought he let himself down a bit yesterday with the other stuff also. But everyone had been caught cold so it’s difficult. Should of maybe just took a breath before saying some of the stuff he did.

Rob Harris

@RobHarris

UEFA President Ceferin in public appeal to English clubs behind Super League: "Gentlemen you made a huge mistake. Some will say it is greed, others distain, arrogance ... there is still time to change your mind. Everyone makes mistakes”

Good statement from Everton. .....

It’s good in so far as every little helps right now and unity is strength.

But as noted in the Leeds thread with the t-shirts last night, its utter B/S and seriously condescending for ANY club to try take a moral high ground over any other. Give Everton a PL with no relegation and they’d be all over it to be the first in. They quickly forget they started this back in 1992 when they didn’t give a flying F about the rest of the football pyramid in England.

EVERY club/ ownership is ultimately out for their own self serving interests and F everybody else!

Last edited:
Yeah agree. Just thought he let himself down a bit yesterday with the other stuff also. But everyone had been caught cold so it’s difficult. Should of maybe just took a breath before saying some of the stuff he did.

I thought Neville and his faux outrage needed telling straight personally.

The arrogant ____response said it all.

He wouldn’t even accept Sky’s continuing disgrace and utter contempt for fans and the good if thegame when Carragher, for once being rationale, out that too him.

I still think concessions are what will happen. No club will sign a binding contract for that long without failsafes, surely. So, maybe UEFA will make concessions and things will again settle.

The Super League is not a prestigious thing, not yet. Not like your CL or your domestic leagues. And any player potentially asked to step away from that could become an issue. Additionally, with the potential money looming ahead, the contract renewals are going to become a huge concern.

Although, I still don't agree with the rest of 14 condemning this. They constantly take decisions to disallow/bar rules that are not favourable to them (even if they are necessary for the bottom of the pyramid). They need to get off their high horse.

I still don't like what the league represents, mind. Permanent members just kinda ruins the fun. And Arsenal and Spurs barely make it to the CL/are very new/erratic. ****, even United's track record is iffy. And very honestly, with the debt that they have, even Barca and Real wouldn't have been serious contenders in the years ahead. Something needed to be done about UEFA's handling of the game, just not sure if this was the solution (in its current form).

I still think concessions are what will happen. No club will sign a binding contract for that long without failsafes, surely. So, maybe UEFA will make concessions and things will again settle.

The Super League is not a prestigious thing, not yet. Not like your CL or your domestic leagues. And any player potentially asked to step away from that could become an issue. Additionally, with the potential money looming ahead, the contract renewals are going to become a huge concern.

Although, I still don't agree with the rest of 14 condemning this. They constantly take decisions to disallow/bar rules that are not favourable to them (even if they are necessary for the bottom of the pyramid). They need to get off their high horse.

I still don't like what the league represents, mind. Permanent members just kinda ruins the fun. And Arsenal and Spurs barely make it to the CL/are very new/erratic. ****, even United's track record is iffy. And very honestly, with the debt that they have, even Barca and Real wouldn't have been serious contenders in the years ahead. Something needed to be done about UEFA's handling of the game, just not sure if this was the solution (in its current form).

I’d wager this will be over by the end of the week and UEFA will have crumbled over the CL B/S. Perez can carry on with his mad crusade on his own.

But I’m prepared to go to war again with Americans for the second time if it isn’t.