UEFA Superleague - 2023/24

1618912437892.png

Kaveh Solhekol

@SkyKaveh

Managers of breakaway clubs angry they've been put in firing line in the media. Managers, players & even some board members had been kept in the dark about ESL plans. Asked one exec if any clubs close to pulling out: “No, not yet but the longer this goes on the harder it gets”

Simon Stone

@sistoney67

Been told six English clubs still unified in their desire to join Super League despite all the opposition and criticism. https://bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/56812305?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=607ea9280b5e0102e3fc5e68%26%27Big%20six%27%20still%20unified%20in%20their%20position%262021-04-20T10%3A25%3A28.166Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:5bed33bd-34b4-4eaa-8b00-fbd13b3d031e&pinned_post_asset_id=607ea9280b5e0102e3fc5e68&pinned_post_type=share… via @BBCSport

A source close to the Super League clubs concerned says they are adamant there is no weakening of resolve within the six English clubs who have signed up. In their view, the plans have been thought through and will benefit the game as a whole #mulive [bbc]

Alex Wickham

@alexwickham

Hearing from a source with knowledge that one of the big six English clubs is now seriously considering pulling out of the Super League They are accusing Liverpool and Manchester United — the 2 clubs leading the breakaway — of lying to them and “f***ing up” Major split in ESL

Bryan Swanson

@skysports_bryan

LATEST: Another figure at ‘big 6’ club has told us “Don’t expect us to back down and walk away from our plans” We need decision-makers at each club to come on camera - as Perez did - and respond directly to questions over significant resistance #SSN

And Rummenigga can do one too.

He's pushed harder than ANYONE over the years for an ESL. The two-faced, hypocritical ****!

The super league is actually just Sam Allardyce's master plan to somehow keep West Brom in the Premier League and keep his perfect no relegations record intact.

Paul Hirst
@hirstclass

·
Apr 20, 2021
Pep: "I found out a few hours before the statement was released."
Paul Hirst
@hirstclass

"Honestly we are not the right people to answer these questions. The presidents can talk more clearly. It's a little bit uncomfortable because we don't have all the information."

Simon Stone

@sistoney67

Pep Guardiola: "It is not a sport when success is guaranteed or it doesn’t matter when you lose."

Guardiola: "It's not sport when there is no relation between effort and success, it's not sport. It's not sport if it doesn't matter if you lose. I've said many times I want the best competition as possible. It's not fair if teams fight at the top and cannot qualify.'

Pep Guardiola: "I've said many times I want the best competition as possible. It's not fair if teams fight at the top and cannot qualify..."

Pep Guardiola: "This has to be clarified and why they have taken these decisions. Why is Ajax not involved with all their success. Explain this...

Guardiola: "It's not sport when there is no relation between effort and success, it's not sport. It's not sport if it doesn't matter if you lose. I've said many times I want the best competition as possible. It's not fair if teams fight at the top and cannot qualify.'

Pep Guardiola: "I've said many times I want the best competition as possible. It's not fair if teams fight at the top and cannot qualify..."

Pep Guardiola: "This has to be clarified and why they have taken these decisions. Why is Ajax not involved with all their success. Explain this...