UK Riots

• Thread starter Thread starter oja20
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 999
  • Views Views 72K
This is what I've feared for a while...

All the 'gangstas' in the country are mobilising at once to fight the big government/police establishment...

Time to clean up the streets, time to take out the trash, time to stop the cliches...

martiallaw.jpg

Ask Russia and China to send some 'security forces' over, then these kids will learn what 'excessive force' really is.

Dress the police up as youths then bring a bus load of em in from behind BAM victory. Thank me later Cams.

No becuase then you catch up all those on estates who arent involved

Identify and target.

Be it through a gun scope or a bureaucratic means with the welfare/targeting of their goods/raids.

I can confirm, there is 'riots' in Nottingham.

Not on my doorstep but I just heard about it across the City in the estates.

Awful man, do they not realise I don't like the sound of police cars all night?

They need to consider my sleeping needs and my footballing needs.

I could go out and do some first hand reporting but it's 10 miles away and I really couldn't be bothered at this time.

I can confirm the colour of the smoke is....Black with a grey-y tinge.

A Non-police issue handgun and a police radio with a bullet embedded in it were retrieved from the Mark Duggan scene. Looks as if their "saint" opened fire on the police and fire was returned.

Bullet was from a police-issue hand-gun, apparently.

Anyway - not quite sure how to react to these riots. Fairly sure me and my family are safe in Islington, but pretty scary going out and not knowing where might be affected next, and reacting to the smallest things/groups.

The whole thing is ******* ridiculous, though - it's theft. None of this Mark Duggan ****; it no longer has anything to do with him at all. Disgraceful how people can be so careless (literal sense of word) - it's not even just attacking shops any more. People's homes are being burnt down, their cars smashed into, possessions destroyed or stolen.

0045:
West Midlands Police confirm that a police station in Holyhead Road in Handsworth, Birmingham, is on fire.

BBC NEWS

Police patrols have been stepped up in Derby, moving on groups of youth etc. If it's in Notts we'll have the riots tomorrow..

I can confirm, there is 'riots' in Nottingham.Not on my doorstep but I just heard about it across the City in the estates.Awful man, do they not realise I don't like the sound of police cars all night?They need to consider my sleeping needs and my footballing needs.I could go out and do some first hand reporting but it's 10 miles away and I really couldn't be bothered at this time.I can confirm the colour of the smoke is....Black with a grey-y tinge.
Who needs BBC and sky news when fm base has u eh?That aside I reckon that it will calm down when the police show they mean business by shooting some rubber bullets

Police station in Birmingham on fire according to BBC news. When is some serioius action actually going to take place against these thugs?

This is what I've feared for a while...

All the 'gangstas' in the country are mobilising at once to fight the big government/police establishment...

Time to clean up the streets, time to take out the trash, time to stop the cliches...

martiallaw.jpg

Ask Russia and China to send some 'security forces' over, then these kids will learn what 'excessive force' really is.

Ask any of these looters if they understand the words "Tiananmen Square", and the answer you would get is "Wha'?"

Two football matches have been postponed and questions raised over other sporting events after a third successive night of rioting in London.
Tuesday's games at Charlton and West Ham were called off on police advice.
BBC Sport understands that the Football Association will hold a routine meeting with police on Tuesday over England's friendly with the Netherlands.

The FA will be guided by police advice, but at this stage is planning for Wednesday's game to go ahead.
West Ham said in a statement that they were informed by police that "all major public events in London were to be rearranged because of the need to focus police resources elsewhere."
A Metropolitan Police spokesman said they were aware of the West Ham statement, but were unable to comment on any potential impact on the England game at this stage.
Crystal Palace are also set to play Crawley Town at Selhurst Park on Tuesday and that game may also be affected, given the stadium is close to the scene of disorder in Croydon.
  • Tuesday: Charlton v Reading (Carling Cup)
  • Tuesday: West Ham v Aldershot (Carling Cup)
In London, violence broke out for a third consecutive day with riot police deployed and firefighters tackling blazes across the capital, following disturbances in Tottenham on Saturday evening and Enfield on Sunday night.
Shops were looted and buildings, among them a furniture store in Croydon, set alight as police clashed with youths.
Police in riot gear were also deployed in Birmingham city centre after scores of youths rampaged through the shopping area, smashing windows and looting from shops.
The England cricket team are currently based in Birmingham ahead of the third Test against India, which begins at Edgbaston on Wednesday.

BBC sports news reporter Joe Wilson said that nearby hotels had been advised to lock their doors.
He wrote on Twitter: "Helicopters circling over Bull Ring, about half mile from England hotel. Spoke to England head of security, confident all players safe."
Meanwhile, BBC sports news reporter Leon Mann tweeted: "Organisers of Ghana v Nigeria tell me game still set to go ahead tomorrow at Watford FC as planned."

Charlton chief executive Stephen Kavanagh
West Ham's game was the first to be called off, and the club announced on their website: "West Ham United have been asked by the police to postpone the Carling Cup first-round tie with Aldershot Town tomorrow night.
"The club were contacted this evening and whilst neither the club or police anticipate any issues around the game itself, the club has to comply with the police request.

"No date has yet been set for the rearranged match but the club will be in contact with the Football League and Aldershot."
A statement from Aldershot read: "We understand many supporters will be disappointed with this announcement but confirm that the matter is out of the control of both West Ham United and Aldershot Town."

Charlton's stadium, The Valley, is close to Lewisham where rioting occurred on Monday.
A statement on Charlton's website read: "Given the events in London, the police have taken the sensible decision and postponed the match at The Valley, with Greenwich Borough Police Commander Richard Wood advising the Addicks at 2255 BST on Monday that the match should be called off on safety grounds."

Addicks chief executive Stephen Kavanagh said: 'We've been monitoring the situation as it's been developing all evening and have been in constant contact with police.
"Clearly the most important factor is the people's safety. The police have told us they believe the match should be postponed on safety grounds and obviously we have taken that advice."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/front_page/14454137.stm

Last edited:
Calum I really like your paragraphs.
/sarcasm

You could cut some of the **** we don't need to read instead of posting a page ;)

if it happens in manchester i will be dissapointed, i've heard a few dickeds from salford are planning to stir up trouble tommorrow

I have a rather large stick I trimmed off a tree in my garden, I might be able to go and poke them with it...

However I value my life and know that my poke will be responded to by 100 knives coming out and I really don't fancy an evening run-for-my-life at this time.

It's very isolated, the incident is in a singular estate and it looks like from what I'm hearing that it's just burnt out cars/tires at the moment.

If they come to West Bridgford and try to rob my house, rest assured I will use 'reasonable self defence' on them.

Just hearing they have pillaged and smashed up Primark in Notts City Centre...These people really have 'taste' don't they.

If they burn down Republic I shall be rather peeved.

The FA should call off the match on Wednesday. It's simply not worth the risk

In Nottingham now? My stepdad has just got back from his shift working on the phones for the police, and Nottinghamshire have sent a large amount of the force to qwell it now.

Ken Livingston on BBC, shut up. You know nothing, this isn't about politics, this is ridiculous animalistic behaviour.

We need this stopping and stopping now. The fact it's still happening astounds me.

Back