UK Riots

• Thread starter Thread starter oja20
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 999
  • Views Views 72K
I don't think the army should be brought in here at the moment, What I do reckon though is for David Cameron to get in contact with the RUC of Northern Ireland because they're police force deal with things like this on numerous occasions throughout the year and would be able to deal with this incident I reckon, Rather than going to full extremes of the Army so far. Bring in the Northern Irish polich if possible, Water Cannons and start beating **** out those little ***** who think they're hard. If they all want to fight to the death so bad and think they're all hard why don't they all go to Afghan and Iraq and put they're violence to "some" good use.

1123: BBC Monitoring
A Libyan TV presenter who claims he can talk to spirits and mobilize them in support of Colonel Gaddafi, says Libya was "proud" of the rioters in England. Speaking in English on state-run Al-Jamahiriyah TV, Yusuf Shakir said people in Libya would hold a demonstration to show their solidarity. "We support you black power in Tottenham," he said.

Terrorists getting involved now.. What is happening?

Oh. Apparently the Bethnal Green Tesco has been looted by more than 100 people. Hope they didn't attack the nice barber shop which I used to live next to.

Just as a wee sidenote, I am getting ******* sick of the word 'criminality'.

So after training I go back through the City Centre and I don't know how else to describe it... V Centre was trashed and glass all over the place. I would have helped them in the clean up but I'm shattered. Heard Cameron has ordered more police, IF this doesn't work heads will have to roll. Place S019 forces along the high street, use those bad *** battering rams Joel showed and that should help. Just seen a clip of them in action, they look pretty effective. Also no water cannons in mainland UK? Just one in NI. I want tear gas/Skunk gas to be used personally. ****** knackered, think I'll have a 3 hour nap soon. Glad this happened on my half day, if I'm up again tonight I will not be a happy chappy.

i'm sorry but if this is an 'underclass revolt' why are they trashing their own areas like peckham hackney toxteth etc, and not going and trashing sloane square? the (very) rich are hardly affected by what they're doing

i'm sorry but if this is an 'underclass revolt' why are they trashing their own areas like peckham hackney toxteth etc, and not going and trashing sloane square? the (very) rich are hardly affected by what they're doing

So it would be acceptable if they destroy Wealthier peoples hard earned property just because they're hardly affected by it ?

So after training I go back through the City Centre and I don't know how else to describe it... V Centre was trashed and glass all over the place. I would have helped them in the clean up but I'm shattered. Heard Cameron has ordered more police, IF this doesn't work heads will have to roll. Place S019 forces along the high street, use those bad *** battering rams Joel showed and that should help. Just seen a clip of them in action, they look pretty effective. Also no water cannons in mainland UK? Just one in NI. I want tear gas/Skunk gas to be used personally. ****** knackered, think I'll have a 3 hour nap soon. Glad this happened on my half day, if I'm up again tonight I will not be a happy chappy.

Wtf? London is a mess. ENGLAND is a mess. So we should use battering rams and tear gas?

I'm against using the army tbh - don't see how it will help. They're not trained to deal for this stuff and surprisingly enough, they have their hands a little full atm.

What's having men with guns on the street going to do? People don't trust the police specifically because of the violence they have been involved in with protestors, so having the army will only make the relationship between the public and police/emergency services. People may be scared off the street, but inevitably some people will still go out and it would only make things worse IMO - especially in the long term.

So it would be acceptable if they destroy Wealthier peoples hard earned property just because they're hardly affected by it ?
i'm not saying it would be right to, just if there was an 'underclass revolt' thats where it would be best done.

So, Joss, you're saying we should just carry on the way we are already?

Sounds like a good plan, I never liked London anyway.

So, Joss, you're saying we should just carry on the way we are already?

Sounds like a good plan, I never liked London anyway.

No... Obviously the police haven't been good enough, but I don't think the army is the right option.

Surely the options aren't just "carry on as you were" and "bring the army in" -- there must be more than that...

More police, more aggressive policing (without resorting to extremes like tear gas), etc.

No... Obviously the police haven't been good enough, but I don't think the army is the right option.

Surely the options aren't just "carry on as you were" and "bring the army in" -- there must be more than that...

More police, more aggressive policing (without resorting to extremes like tear gas), etc.

Example: Water Cannons and Northern Irish RUC who deal with these kind of riots every single year.

Wtf? London is a mess. ENGLAND is a mess. So we should use battering rams and tear gas?

I'm against using the army tbh - don't see how it will help. They're not trained to deal for this stuff and surprisingly enough, they have their hands a little full atm.

What's having men with guns on the street going to do? People don't trust the police specifically because of the violence they have been involved in with protestors, so having the army will only make the relationship between the public and police/emergency services. People may be scared off the street, but inevitably some people will still go out and it would only make things worse IMO - especially in the long term.

Joss the Army are trained in this. Regular, TA, even UOTC (which is what i did for 2 years) all do some riot training

Joss the Army are trained in this. Regular, TA, even UOTC (which is what i did for 2 years) all do some riot training

Really? Didn't know that, but I stand by my views on brining in the army. Thanks for clearing that up.

Joss have you been watching the police first hand? I have, and by and large they have been doing a very good job. Cameron cancelled police holiday, but its a pointless gesture since most police voluntarily cancelled leave right near the start.

Tear gas is exactly whats needed

Well just got back from Newcastle City Centre, and it's safe to say there's a few nervous people. Felt a bit tense atmosphere wise too, but there are definately more visible police than usual which is good to see. But there were a few people needlessly criticising the police involved in last nights riots. Uncalled for tbh-their hands are tied. But I honestly don't think another load of police officers will do much good. What good is it when they can't do when they need to? This is a very messy situation, with a potential to get much worse in other parts of the country.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

Can't use water cannon though. We have one and it's in Northern Ireland right now.

We need to use brute force, just shouting at the kids and standing in streets isn't going to stop anything. I can see vigilante groups forming.

First fatality, the person who was shot in Croydon has died in hospital, according to BBC.

Joss have you been watching the police first hand? I have, and by and large they have been doing a very good job. Cameron cancelled police holiday, but its a pointless gesture since most police voluntarily cancelled leave right near the start.

Tear gas is exactly whats needed

Yes I have. It's a difficult situation where they're damned if they and damned if they don't. Personally I don't think they've reacted quick enough to some areas (which will be helped simply by putting more police on the streets) and when they have reacted, I think a lot of them are being too cautious.

But there's a difference between being more cautious and throwing tear-gas at them. That isn't going to help anyone IMO - it just encourages the rioters to react with more violence and missiles.

Back