UK Riots

• Thread starter Thread starter oja20
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 999
  • Views Views 72K
According to Lilly Allen "the youth are frustrated and I can see why". And it's OUR responsibility to look after future generations. Really? Isn't that down to the parents?

Says the wealthy, privately educated... singer?!

Speaks volumes really.

Police have disclosed that live baton rounds - non-lethal plastic bullets - may be deployed tonight. Deputy Assistant Commissioner Steve Kavanagh of the Metropolitan police told our crime correspondent, Sandra Laville: "If we need to, we will do so." He said 525 people have been arrested since rioting began on Saturday, and about 100 have been charged." From Guardian

Bout time too. Hopefully going to get the shock of their lives with plastic bullets.

And it's been the taxpayer that's fed, clothed, housed, educated, looked after with medicine and then they re-pay it by wrecking their business/home/life. Sound investment.

Are you out of your ******* minds? Are you actually suggesting sending the army in to shoot people? What the **** is wrong with you bunch?

Tear gas and a water cannon (If you don't have one, firefighters will do) do the trick, believe me we have had to deal with a few riots...

My mate says its kicking off in my town center (Sheffield) Looks like SWFC/SUFC matches will be called off if it gets any worse

Last edited:
Are you out of your ******* minds? Are you actually suggesting sending the army in to shoot people? What the **** is wrong with you bunch?

Tear gas and a water cannon (If you don't have one, firefighters will do) do the trick, believe me we have had to deal with a few riots...

Pretty sure it's the minority that have called for the army to go in shooting people.

Most of us just want the use of tear gas and the government to give more protection to police, so they can do their job properly.

Agree with Dunc and Mike on tear gas. Use that stuff and it'll give them the biggest shock of their frickin lives. Wether or not it'll stop them doing it again though remains to be seen, as they obviously lack human intelligence.

Pretty sure it's the minority that have called for the army to go in shooting people.

Most of us just want the use of tear gas and the government to give more protection to police, so they can do their job properly.

Seen a few comments and a few likes too, really got me going, sorry.

Nothing wrong with a bit of live rounds dealing with these thugs in my opinion Athe...

It's wrong when people protesting for freedoms/democracy get shot at but these are essentially 200-300 criminals running rampant on our country's streets, we can't let them think that they will just get a fine/slap on the wrists.

I don't see the argument against using live ammunition on some of these in the right circumstances.

If I was an armed officer and saw 5 rioters break into a 90 year old womans home to rob the place I would have no problem gunning them down where they stood.

They put themselves in the situation open to violence, but I agree we might not be at that point yet.

We are at the point tonight where police need to 'beat them senseless' to kick some respect of authority into them.

They would argue 'it would escalate things' well I would argue things are escalated enough and they need to get some force used on them.

If I had one of those big armoured vans Joel showed I would drive that thing full speed into a crowd of them as they tried to loot a place. Sets a precedent.

As far as I'm concerned they have ZERO human rights the second they step out of line and start committing these crimes.

Seen a few comments and a few likes too, really got me going, sorry.

Tbf I'd rather they'd use the plastic ones. like Mike said earlier, even after someones been shot, the bullet can keep travelling and potentially hit a bystander. I might have liked a few comments about using live ammo (can't remember to be honest), but that was just from pure anger from what was going on

Water cannons would probably not work. It would work when there is large crowds of demonstrators. However, what is happening at the moment is there is extremely small pockets around London and now other cities. They aren't situated in the one place.

What sort of damage would it do if you spray them with water cannons wet the entire street beneath them and get some big *** 'Taser' type thing fire it into the ground on the water?

I think it would at least shock them and at most kill them.

Unless they were wearing rubber soles...

I agree with Andy on water cannons, they wouldn't be very effective against a non static crowd.

Rubber bullets seems to be what everyone wants, it's a no brainer for me.

Send S019 out guarding shops in the relevant areas with rubber bullets.

If I had my way we would call in a lion tamer, put a leash on it with some armour on the back of it and send him out to deal with the morons.

I had a thought earlier about that noise that only teenagers can hear, wonder if that will work if played loud and through a mobile vehicle?

Nothing wrong with a bit of live rounds dealing with these thugs in my opinion Athe...

It's wrong when people protesting for freedoms/democracy get shot at but these are essentially 200-300 criminals running rampant on our country's streets, we can't let them think that they will just get a fine/slap on the wrists.

I don't see the argument against using live ammunition on some of these in the right circumstances.

If I was an armed officer and saw 5 rioters break into a 90 year old womans home to rob the place I would have no problem gunning them down where they stood.

They put themselves in the situation open to violence, but I agree we might not be at that point yet.

We are at the point tonight where police need to 'beat them senseless' to kick some respect of authority into them.

They would argue 'it would escalate things' well I would argue things are escalated enough and they need to get some force used on them.

If I had one of those big armoured vans Joel showed I would drive that thing full speed into a crowd of them as they tried to loot a place. Sets a precedent.

As far as I'm concerned they have ZERO human rights the second they step out of line and start committing these crimes.

They may be idiots, they may be criminals, but they're human beings and have to be treated as such. In my opinion nothing justifies taking someone's life. It's going to be hard to stop them, sure, but it's not the first country in the world where it happens (it won't be the last either), and most times no such measures were required.

Plus, AFAIK they didn't even kill anyone - if you start shooting them you'll just be worse than they are. And there's no guarantee it'll make them stop, but it will surely fill them with resentment towards the police and the government.

They may be idiots, they may be criminals, but they're human beings and have to be treated as such. In my opinion nothing justifies taking someone's life. It's going to be hard to stop them, sure, but it's not the first country in the world where it happens (it won't be the last either), and most times no such measures were required.

Plus, AFAIK they didn't even kill anyone - if you start shooting them you'll just be worse than they are. And there's no guarantee it'll make them stop, but it will surely fill them with resentment towards the police and the government.

My point is, would you like to tell that to the peoples livelihoods/jobs they have ruined/burned?

And the people's houses/flats they have broken into and in some cases burned.

I am a humanitarian and absolutely not right wing but in this sort of instance I just find them despicable human beings and they only respond to violence.

Put it this way: Whatever method, if any of these rioters get killed by police in anyway I really wouldn't give it a second's thought.

Seriously :S

Last edited:

At the cost of losing your job and being arrested? I would try my best to help the woman out, but why should they put their job and freedom on the line. A lot of them will probably have families who need providing for and you would swap that for (and I hate to sound so selfish, but) a 90 year old woman?

I would shoot if I was allowed to, but that's not the case.

My point is, would you like to tell that to the peoples livelihoods/jobs they have ruined/burned?

And the people's houses/flats they have broken into and in some cases burned.

I am a humanitarian and absolutely not right wing but in this sort of instance I just find them despicable human beings and they only respond to violence.

Put it this way: Whatever method, if any of these rioters get killed by police in anyway I really wouldn't give it a second's thought.

Would killing whoever did it give the man his job back? "I'm sorry mate your shop was vandalized - but don't you worry we killed those kids". It's not of much use, is it...

Would killing whoever did it give the man his job back? "I'm sorry mate your shop was vandalized - but don't you worry we killed those kids". It's not of much use, is it...

Stops the kids looting the next business...

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

At the cost of losing your job and being arrested? I would try my best to help the woman out, but why should they put their job and freedom on the line. A lot of them will probably have families who need providing for and you would swap that for (and I hate to sound so selfish, but) a 90 year old woman?

I would shoot if I was allowed to, but that's not the case.

I don't know it would be a murky area, 5 vs you and a 90 year old woman.

Her life/house was in immediate danger, you could definitely argue it was in self defence.

Still agree with your point if I was an actual firearms officer that would obviously go through my head.

No other way of stopping these vandals, they would just run off and go rob another 90 year old lady.

Back