UK Riots

• Thread starter Thread starter oja20
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 999
  • Views Views 72K
Just find it ironic we do well at protecting other countries, yet we're having major problems defending ourselves. odd that isn't it

"The rich people with businesses". The businesspeople that create jobs for you, create wealth to be distributed to you in the form of your giro? To house you? Take care, educate you? Idiots.

I don't know if they're educated;p

They would get a few mechanical injuries like broken ribs etc, would disperse crowds and deter people.

Rubber bullets+Tear gas is the only option we have to save citizens/businesses rather than containing it.

They tried 'containing it' last night, tonight they need to stop it with the extra 10k officers they have.

Rubber bullets kill as well, just nowhere near as often.

"Rioters planning a 4th night of looting and encouraging more people to join in as hundreds of people in northlondon plan meeting up and becoming vigilantes. "

What my mate said again

they need to force the clash, tear gas and heavy charges, bring back the water cannon as Jake has said, last night the police were on the back foot, now they will have time to co-ordinate city wide hits

"The rich people with businesses". The businesspeople that create jobs for you, create wealth to be distributed to you in the form of your giro? To house you? Take care, educate you? Idiots.

Their stupidity knows no bounds.

One guy looting tweeted: We in Maccy Ds init, we felt hungry so thought wed get a midnite snack haha! necst up JD!

I have to admit I genuinely committed a facepalm when I read that RT on twitter.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

I don't know if they're educated;p

Rubber bullets kill as well, just nowhere near as often.

I wont be mourning them.

ETS.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Has everyone seen the video of them mugging a guy bleeding severely?

The one in Hackney I think it is where they help the guy, who is bleeding badly, up then steal from his bagpack as he stands up?

These people sicken me, if I ran a business and they tried to smash some windows I think someone would die...Either me or all 50 of them.

If all countries in difficulties due to crisis had riots, that would be a serious problem. Those lads should be trying to improve their lifes instead of making them worse by causing these disturbs.

"Did you think there will be more tonight?"
"Hopefully"

That sums up this idiots.

they need to force the clash, tear gas and heavy charges, bring back the water cannon as Jake has said, last night the police were on the back foot, now they will have time to co-ordinate city wide hits

Good old fashioned Police brutality is required. Everyone is scared that passers by will get caught up like the man killed in the student protests.

Use all public address systems possible to announce a 9pm curfew. Send the heavies in at 930pm. Anyone stupid enough to still be on the streets will be arrested, and no-one will be overly bothered if a few of them get a good kicking in the process.

One guy looting tweeted: We in Maccy Ds init, we felt hungry so thought wed get a midnite snack haha! necst up JD!

I have to admit I genuinely committed a facepalm when I read that RT on twitter.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:30 PM ----------

I wont be mourning them.

ETS.

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 PM ----------

Has everyone seen the video of them mugging a guy bleeding severely?

The one in Hackney I think it is where they help the guy, who is bleeding badly, up then steal from his bagpack as he stands up?

These people sicken me, if I ran a business and they tried to smash some windows I think someone would die...Either me or all 50 of them.

I posted the video of it last night. Words can't describe..

They would get a few mechanical injuries like broken ribs etc, would disperse crowds and deter people.

Rubber bullets+Tear gas is the only option we have to save citizens/businesses rather than containing it.

They tried 'containing it' last night, tonight they need to stop it with the extra 10k officers they have.

I wont be mourning them.

ETS.

You have no idea do you? You seem to just be encouraging rubber bullets, or as you said earlier - live rounds - without having any idea what kind of damage it does. This isn't a ******* computer game - stop with this **** about "If I was a police officer, I'd kill a few of them". That makes you worse than the rioters in so many ways.

Rioting vs Looting - hmm. I wonder which is more condemnable.

You just sound completely ignorant about the whole thing. You say you won't mourn looters if they're shot by the police, and yet for the last two pages you've been liking and apparently agreeing with Mike's posts about why live rounds are so dangerous and why it's not a good idea.

In all seriousness, if this was Islamist extremists committing these disorder acts across the country in their hundreds...What would the response be?

My argument is whatever we would do to stop a terrorist attack like this from Islamists/Terrorist groups we should do to stop these riots.

All this shows me just how well Boris is doing with action plans and procedures to keep the Olympics safe...

Twitter sure makes grim reading right now:

The way everyone is blaming teenagers for the riots :| Yeah blame us all, you have no one else to blame. Bunch of ***** holes

I want to joint the riots-sounds like fun

In all seriousness, if this was Islamist extremists committing these disorder acts across the country in their hundreds...What would the response be?

My argument is whatever we would do to stop a terrorist attack like this from Islamists/Terrorist groups we should do to stop these riots.

Well that clearly depends what they're doing... If they were just looting etc. then I'd say the same thing. It's not about what colour/religion/background people are/have, it's about not being stupid and further fracturing the relationship between police and the public. If the police go out on the streets with live rounds, killing people left, right and centre, normal protesters would be scared to go out in case stupid anarchists (a minority in most cases) kick off - will the police come out and shoot them too?

I'm all for more police, and more aggressive policing - charging in numbers instead of sitting back and watching it happen - but shooting people is about 15,000 steps too far.

A friend of mine - To be honest, cant see it happening in glasgow. the police here laught at brutailty

True. Send in the Weegies!

You have no idea do you? You seem to just be encouraging rubber bullets, or as you said earlier - live rounds - without having any idea what kind of damage it does. This isn't a ******* computer game - stop with this **** about "If I was a police officer, I'd kill a few of them". That makes you worse than the rioters in so many ways.

Rioting vs Looting - hmm. I wonder which is more condemnable.

You just sound completely ignorant about the whole thing. You say you won't mourn looters if they're shot by the police, and yet for the last two pages you've been liking and apparently agreeing with Mike's posts about why live rounds are so dangerous and why it's not a good idea.

I was saying live rounds, to me, would be acceptable in the circumstance of protecting someone from harm...A 90 year old lady was my example.

I have always said tear gas/rubber bullets should be the next step.

I wont mourn any people that die at the police's hands because they have been warned and it was their choice to be there looting.

Your confusing looting/rioting/anarchy with protesting.

If I was an armed officer and I saw 5 youths break into a 90 year old womens house and heard her scream or knew she was in imminent danger then to be it would be a no brainer. Warn them then open fire.

Just my hypothetical instance where they could be used, and when I said gun a couple down I think it would be a deterant to others. Live rounds are used alot in London, I think Mike's point about firing in the air/velocity/Dense areas is a valid one and I wouldn't say lets fire indiscriminately down the street into a crowd of 200. I'm talking about isolated incidents of looting/endangering life where gangs are breaking into peoples homes and robbing/intimidating them. That is where live rounds should be used IMO...

I wonder if those against using gun’s would feel that way if they or a family member was one of the police getting hit with petrol bomb’s & bricks. I’m all for any means of ridding this problem.

They have made their bed, now they can lie in it.

A friend of mine - To be honest, cant see it happening in glasgow. the police here laught at brutailty

True. Send in the Weegies!

In Glasgow they arrested someone just for encouraging it on facebook

Back