UK Riots

• Thread starter Thread starter oja20
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 999
  • Views Views 72K
I'm not British and I don't live in UK, so I still don't unsderstand it. News here say that it all started when the police killed a man, but I just can't see why the riots for an average man's death. If there were riots everyday an innocent(was he innocent?) died, civilization wouldn't last for a week. And why are these riots all over England? I've seen people complaining about not having oportunities, poverty and blah blah blah, but these scumbags look like junkies too lazy to get up and work. I'm sure the days of absolutist monarchies are over in the UK, so I can't read this revolution any other way than spoiled children on acid. I can't watch BBC right now, as people here are using the TV, so could somebody explain why are things so out-of-control, or send me a link that could explain that? I don't know much about English media that don't hack dead people stuff and talk about Ryan Giggs' affairs.

Anyway, didn't think I would see Tottenham first at something

People on Twitter comparing these riots to the LA riots of 1992.
There are no similarities! In LA, they were (mostly) rioting in outrage to the racially-aggraveted assault of a fellow citizen, and the corruption of the court to acquit them.
Here? It's a bunch of stupid wee neds wanting a new telly and a new pair of Adidas Gazelles.

A bit of action started now in my city Gloucester. Pathetic attempts really though so far, some guy started a fire in a bin in a road and blocked traffic down there. Yobs of around 40 about but according to my sister there were more police than youth.

Also alot of rioting in Cheltenham near me. Apparently they smashed up the brewery (kinda a smallish open shopping mall + cinema), worried as 1 of my favourite restaurants is down there :(

Also alot of rioting in Cheltenham near me. Apparently they smashed up the brewery (kinda a smallish open shopping mall + cinema), worried as 1 of my favourite restaurants is down there :(

Aww I always go to that cinema with my girlfriend :(

Btw, Glasgow police arrest more people after an Old Firm than what's currently been done. Time to send in the Weegies!

Definately lot more organised. You can them giving others instructions via handsignals. And some people watching are helping them too by telling them to cover their faces properly. Just noticed that.

We should just turn Scotland into the new Australia, but for chavs instead of convicts.

Scotland's always been the nicer country... :P

That's why I was wondering why this hasn't been re-named the England Riots instead of the UK riots lol

Gun fired at police in Aston

Last edited:
Yep deffo kicked off in my city now, some buildings in town on fire, including an old college, one pub had/has a lock-in, helicopters and police out in force.

Yep deffo kicked off in my city now, some buildings in town on fire, including an old college, one pub had/has a lock-in, helicopters and police out in force.

Protect at all costs!

[video=youtube;NC2CJC4KtS8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NC2CJC4KtS8[/video]

Female: "I think there going to set fire to the pub"
Male "oh **** no, ....no, no, no, no"

Well, Glasgow, a city which is famous for having high levels of chibbing/mugging/general nastiness remains pretty calm. I don't see the riots spreading into Scotland. Also, the 16-year old Glaswegian charged with breach of the peace over his 'Let's Start A Riot n Glasgow' FB page is to face court tomorrow.

Protect at all costs!

At about 3:50 I felt the same thing as that guy when a whole load more police turned up and started charging. Just wanted them to plow the ******* down.

Protect at all costs!

Police actually did really well there

I'm not British and I don't live in UK, so I still don't unsderstand it. News here say that it all started when the police killed a man, but I just can't see why the riots for an average man's death. If there were riots everyday an innocent(was he innocent?) died, civilization wouldn't last for a week. And why are these riots all over England? I've seen people complaining about not having oportunities, poverty and blah blah blah, but these scumbags look like junkies too lazy to get up and work. I'm sure the days of absolutist monarchies are over in the UK, so I can't read this revolution any other way than spoiled children on acid. I can't watch BBC right now, as people here are using the TV, so could somebody explain why are things so out-of-control, or send me a link that could explain that? I don't know much about English media that don't hack dead people stuff and talk about Ryan Giggs' affairs.

Anyway, didn't think I would see Tottenham first at something

Firstly, I wouldn't consider the man innocent, he was a known crack cocaine dealer and had a gun on him when the police shot him.

There are riots as so many youngsters saw the riots in Tottenham (where the man was shot) and thought that it looked fun and they wanted to give it a go. This has now spread across England. They are the scum of the earth and the reason they have no prospects is not because of where they live, their race or the cuts, it is because they are lazy assed ******* who feel the state should provide everything for them.

Like the Sky News edit. Pretty much saying he never fired the gun, wasn't discharged, and the police shot him first. Nice one sky. You neglected to mention the fact the gun was loaded didn't you? Jees alou

He was a known crack cocaine dealer

To be fair, we don't know that...

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Like the Sky News edit. Pretty much saying he never fired the gun, wasn't discharged, and the police shot him first. Nice one sky. You neglected to mention the fact the gun was loaded didn't you? Jees alou

Joey Barton actually made a good point, he was calling for the media to be shut down for a bit or at least for Sky and BBC to stop constantly showing how easy it is to loot

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:44 AM ----------

Joey Barton actually made a good point, he was calling for the media to be shut down for a bit or at least for Sky and BBC to stop constantly showing how easy it is to loot

Well numerous people from his estate have said he was. Wouldn't see why he would lie. If you carry a loaded ******* gun around you aren't innocent.

Four loud explosions in Tottenham area. Where some petroleum plant is based or something

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

Tbh don't need the news. Just need texts or youtube or something

Back