UK Riots

• Thread starter Thread starter oja20
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 999
  • Views Views 72K
Scotland's sent 250 police to help. Bit tight from the Scots...

Tbh, I imagine 250 hardcore ****** Scottish police are worth about 10k of our pansy southern police.

I actually would support Labour still if they elected David Miliband. I can't take them seriously at all since they elected Bert from Sesame Street as their leader...

SkyNewsOlympic is giving updates from Croydon Magistrates Ct.

34 people to appear before judges today, including a 14 YO.

Inevitably, the majority (if not all) of them are claiming "opportunistic theft" and pleading to be treated differently to the others. Frankly, I couldn't give a [insert expletive here] if they got "caught up in what was wrong" - even a 14 YO knows that stealing cameras from Argos through a smashed in window is wrong. No one is that ill-educated. Hope the judge(s) take no prisoners (not literally of course).

Wondering too what's going to happen to the "parents" who took their kids to help loot the shops. Fingers crossed they're taken away as they're not fit to be parents

Same here. There's absolutely no excuse whatsoever if that happens. It would like signing their own political death warrant if that ever happened. But it's also sad that earlier on SN, that Labour were using this to gain an advantage which is wrong. No party should be using this situation for political advantage (yes you Mr. Livingstone too). Any politician with an ounce of common sense, would be working together in this situation. Public safety > Political agenda

This is (partly) why I'm so against bringing in the army and being more heavy-handed with rubber (or live) bullets and the army.

Everyone is entitled to their human rights, and the relationship between the public and police would become almost irreparable if they resorted to shooting people - especially if they got it wrong which they so easily can with these things. People will always claim police brutality, rightfully or otherwise. The numbers would increase ten-fold if they went too far.

(By the way - don't see the argument against water-cannons? Nothing like as harmful as rubber bullets...)

This is (partly) why I'm so against bringing in the army and being more heavy-handed with rubber (or live) bullets and the army.

Everyone is entitled to their human rights, and the relationship between the public and police would become almost irreparable if they resorted to shooting people - especially if they got it wrong which they so easily can with these things. People will always claim police brutality, rightfully or otherwise. The numbers would increase ten-fold if they went too far.

(By the way - don't see the argument against water-cannons? Nothing like as harmful as rubber bullets...)

We only have 1 cannon and it's in NI.

Who says they'd need to shoot anyone? Army =/= guns. Also claiming it doesnt mean it actually happened

We only have 1 cannon and it's in NI.

This is a good reason why we're not using water-cannons.

Who says they'd need to shoot anyone? Army =/= guns. Also claiming it doesnt mean it actually happened

I know - I clearly separated the army from use of guns, although the army do generally carry around guns ;)

And I know it doesn't, especially with the IPCC doing a bang-up job of not being at all independent,

Surely spare fire engines (if there is such thing) could be converted to makeshift water cannons? Those riot vehicles Joel showed appear to have been a massive success, hopefully forces outside the met have similar vehicles available.

I've been playing football all day, just looked at Facebook and somebody said a little boy died? I haven't heard anything else about it, so is it just rumours?

Tbh, I imagine 250 hardcore ****** Scottish police are worth about 10k of our pansy southern police.

Glad a week sharing a villa with me has left you with that impression ;)

Surely spare fire engines (if there is such thing) could be converted to makeshift water cannons? Those riot vehicles Joel showed appear to have been a massive success, hopefully forces outside the met have similar vehicles available.

We havent got spare fire engines

i just hope it gets all sorted before the football season kicks of so no more games get called of this will all die down in a week i think or i hope it does bit over the top

When i was out the other day my mum had to stop some young lad chucking apples at cars from a tree making monkey chants they must of been at least 12 years old they found it funny that an old lady was having a heart attack just a disgrace

Last edited:
Glad a week sharing a villa with me has left you with that impression ;)

Yeah.

268857_10150287653115469_666085468_9602014_194791_n.jpg

I've been playing football all day, just looked at Facebook and somebody said a little boy died? I haven't heard anything else about it, so is it just rumours?

Is that the 8 year old child? Have a feeling that was from a different situation, as I came across that on Twitter but there's been absolutely no mention of that from emergency services or police

---------- Post added at 03:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:26 PM ----------

Oh my good god XD

Is that the 8 year old child? Have a feeling that was from a different situation, as I came across that on Twitter but there's been absolutely no mention of that from emergency services or police

Oh, ok, seems like the person on FB has got the wrong end of the stick then.

Oh, ok, seems like the person on FB has got the wrong end of the stick then.

Possibly yeah. Though I'm not surprised, there was so much misinformation on twitter yesterday it was staggering.

Possibly yeah. Though I'm not surprised, there was so much misinformation on twitter yesterday it was staggering.

I thought those 2 were one and the same?

exactly why they were on contain for the first two days, it takes 2-3 men to do an arrest, and you lose them till they return from the station

Exactly. People are moaning the police aren't doing anything, what are they supposed to do? They were vastly outnumbered on the first few nights, and that's what is happening in the other cities.

Back