'Under Pressure' tactic (EPL Win with Everton 1st Season)

• Thread starter Thread starter Chrissy Ross
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 270
  • Views Views 151K
Just using Chrissy's tactic, it's amazing. Absolutely amazing. Just beat Chelsea 6-3 (I'm Arsenal), now beating P. Ferreira 8-0 on aggregate with four goals from PARK CHU YOUNG!!!!

Don't know what to say, this is exactly the tactic I've been looking for for so long. Well done guys.

Crissy, u need to work on Time wasting tactic. The team still attacks and its vulnerable pretty much the same as in Pressure tactic (through counter attacks) .

I changed both of them a little bit. I removed one striker and added an anchor man. We will see how it goes.

Nice work Crissy. I used your tactic with the Wales National Team in the 2016 Euro's. Got to the final, and beat Scotland, Turkey and Italy. Lost 4-1 against Germany. However Wales had no right to be their.

Ok to avoid confusion. Here is my favourite version of the original pressure tactic tweaked. Below is the tactic to switch to run down the clock
Chrissy's Way - 4-2-2-2 Chrissy's Way
Chrissy's Rundown The Clock - 4-2-2-2 rundown the clock they can also be downloaded on the first page.

How to use the tactics mate? "Rundown the clock" at away or?

And does it damage the tactic if you change the wingers, attackers and like that? As f.ex defensiv attacker to advanced attakcer

tactics deleted.

Introduction
Ok folks. I have taken on board all the feedback given.
First of all I have to be honest. The initial tactic was a **** defensively and the updates were variations of a ****. It was offensively excellent though. Thank you to all that tested them.
I also took feedback on the corner exploit. As such in testing I switched all my set pieces to mixed and let the tactic roll. The tactic I post however will include the exploit, as simply folk ask for it regardless. If you wish to amend this, then please do so.
Now in testing I decided that a mid/lower team would be required to prove the tactic's worth. Everton were admittedly Mid/higher, so I felt with the defence sorted this tactic should work with a lower level team.
I chose Norwich as they had a nice blend of players and a squad that had players in positions that suited the tactic.
Now, the screenshots below show the league table and various examples of stats in relation to the tactic working.
A more detailed analysis will show you the AML/AMR and FC's roles applying pressure, as with previous versions, is important. I have not included this analysis mainly because its unchanged from the original pressure tactic. Now, occasionally I would use opposition instructions to close down the AML/AMR/ML/MR/AMC. I think there is merit with this approach.
Rationale
This tactic is basically a blend between defensive roles with an attacking mentality. It is also a fusion between pressure and possession.
Goals come from the midfield and forwards. The defence's job is to defend.
Now success with this tactic is dependant upon various factors like all tactics. Team management, team talks, match preparation, player selection with regards to the role required, training and knowing when to make subs and amend tactics when they need amending. I can't play your game for you and neither can anyone else creating tactics. Use your judgement and make mistakes and learn from them.
I have included a "run the clock down" version of this tactic. The reason for doing so is to give those wishing to simply change up with a couple of clicks the chance to do so. For more intricate requests, your on your own.
Now, you will all have questions and that's the purpose for this thread. Help each other and discuss. I'll pop in now and again to answer what I can.
TmZivEg.png

uUTbGmK.png

2VOgcbg.png

9CHkn2f.png

dNKnLTj.png

5vC3sNb.png

VIGl0Ks.png

Last edited:
Chrissy's tactics are without a shout of a doubt the best ones in FM14 at the moment.
Congrats on the achievement ^^)!

I don't play the game anymore because it's horrible and broken. But if you feel masochistic, you should use Chrissy's tactics.

i would love to, i know match prep is on defensive positioning, what about general training??

Back