Hi everyone!

Would this starting eleven work with Man City? :)

I'm thinking to buy someone better than Sanga for the right CWB.

Thanks!

kss2.png

Hey,

It looks ok to me and as you right said you need a better right back, someone more with better technique than Sanga

Hey guys,
I need some help there. I use this tactic playing Truro City. I promoted to Vanarama National League and I lose almost every game ;-( My team barely shoot on target and enemy team is winning with me 2+ goals.

I need some advice what I am doing wrong ;/

Guys, I long time ago wanted to bring attention to this issue but always forgot to do that... so it's better late than never... ;)

There's a bug with the Tackling Settings of DM (Support), it's always locked at "Tackle Harder" without an option to change it, this means when your DM (Support) gets a yellow card in match you can't change his "Tackling Settings" to "Ease Off Tackles" in order to avoid second yellow card and following a red card but there's some way around you, for example, you can change the DM (Support) role to DLP (Support) role which has similar behavior but the "Tackling Settings" of this is unlocked bu don't forget to edit the "Close Down Setting" of DLP (Support) role to "Sometimes" from "Much Less".

Please notice that you change DM (Support) to DLP (Support) only during matches and only when you see that you DM (Support) got a yellow card, also, when you change the DM to DLP don’t forget to change his Tackling Settings and Closing Down Setting as I explained. One more thing, when you substitute your player at DM position that has a yellow card then change his role back to DM (Support) from DLP (Support)

Last edited:

Guys, I long time ago wanted to bring attention to this issue but always forgot to do that... so it's better late than never... ;)

There's a bug with the Tackling Settings of DM (Support), it's always locked at "Tackle Harder" without an option to change it, this means when your DM (Support) gets a yellow card in match you can't change his "Tackling Settings" to "Ease Off Tackles" in order to avoid second yellow card and following a red card but there's some way around you, for example, you can change the DM (Support) role to DLP (Support) role which has similar behavior but the "Tackling Settings" of this is unlocked bu don't forget to edit the "Close Down Setting" of DLP (Support) role to "Sometimes" from "Much Less".

With that do we train DM to DLP or buy DLP players instead? and changing DM to DLP would it leave the back more open?

With that do we train DM to DLP or buy DLP players instead? and changing DM to DLP would it leave the back more open?

No mate... probably, I explained it not clear enough

You change DM (Support) to DLP (Support) only during matches and only when he got a yellow card in order to reduce his "Tackling Settings" and avoid he gets second yellow card and following a red card

DM (Support ) works more efficient in this tactic than DLP (Support) but when your DM has a yellow card in match then you have no choice and it would be better use DLP (Support) which is less efficient but you can change his Tackling Settings than play 10 man if DM (Support) gets a second yellow card.

bump

Please notice that you change DM (Support) to DLP (Support) only during matches and only when you see that you DM (Support) got a yellow card, also, when you change the DM to DLP don’t forget to change his Tackling Settings and Closing Down Setting as I explained. One more thing, when you substitute your player at DM position that has a yellow card then change his role back to DM (Support) from DLP (Support)

Last edited:
Corner Question:

Do you put ML on the left corner and MR on the right corner (in-swinging), or vice-versa (out swinging)? This is assuming you have right-footed left-wingers and left-footed right-wingers.

I've done some experimentation with both, it seems like out swinging you don't get as many direct goals off headers but the ball tends to remain in a dangerous position more often, can't figure out which actually leads to more goals. I play lower league so that may have something to do with it.

No mate... probably, I explained it not clear enough

You change DM (Support) to DLP (Support) only during matches and only when he got a yellow card in order to reduce his "Tackling Settings" and avoid he gets second yellow card and following a red card

DM (Support ) works more efficient in this tactic than DLP (Support) but when your DM has a yellow card in match then you have no choice and it would be better use DLP (Support) which is less efficient but you can change his Tackling Settings than play 10 man if DM (Support) gets a second yellow card.

bump

Aye Cheers mate

Corner Question:

Do you put ML on the left corner and MR on the right corner (in-swinging), or vice-versa (out swinging)? This is assuming you have right-footed left-wingers and left-footed right-wingers.

I've done some experimentation with both, it seems like out swinging you don't get as many direct goals off headers but the ball tends to remain in a dangerous position more often, can't figure out which actually leads to more goals. I play lower league so that may have something to do with it.

When I tested it I found that "In-Swinging" was more dangerous than "Out-Swinging" but the different was not so drastically huge to pay it crucial attention. Also, to have "In-Swinging"/ "Out-Swinging" for both sides you need use different corner takers and usually some of them have higher "Corners" attributes than other so at the end I decided that it's not worth bothering and I just set the players that have the highest "Corner" attribute to take the corners, of course, if you use my corner setup you should choose from your players that play only at ML/MR positions.

When I tested it I found that "In-Swinging" was more dangerous than "Out-Swinging" but the different was not so drastically huge to pay it crucial attention. Also, to have "In-Swinging"/ "Out-Swinging" for both sides you need use different corner takers and usually some of them have higher "Corners" attributes than other so at the end I decided that it's not worth bothering and I just set the players that have the highest "Corner" attribute to take the corners, of course, if you use my corner setup you should choose from your players that play only at ML/MR positions.

Thanks for the quick reply! That's what I was beginning to think. I'll just go with my better corner taker for both sides.

THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN REALLY PROVE THESE TACTICS WORK IN GAME AND NOT HOLIDAY IS IF YOU SCREENSHOT YOUR MANAGER OF THE SEASON AWARDS SURELY!? NO1 SEEMS TO SCREENSHOT THIS CAN SOMEONE SHOW ME THEIR MANAGER OF THE MONTH OR MANAGER OF THE SEASON AWARD PLEASE OR A SCREENSHOT OF IN GAME ACTION??

THE ONLY WAY YOU CAN REALLY PROVE THESE TACTICS WORK IN GAME AND NOT HOLIDAY IS IF YOU SCREENSHOT YOUR MANAGER OF THE SEASON AWARDS SURELY!? NO1 SEEMS TO SCREENSHOT THIS CAN SOMEONE SHOW ME THEIR MANAGER OF THE MONTH OR MANAGER OF THE SEASON AWARD PLEASE OR A SCREENSHOT OF IN GAME ACTION??

Are you trying to insinuate that every one that's commented is holidaying games?

Look at the positive comments, look at the star rating, look at the creators history of making fantastic tactics and finally, test it for yourself.

Anyway, second season with Dortmund, I literally won everything. Reus cleaned up the world player of the year awards twice in a row. Just fantastic.

Going to keep the save going over the summer but also start with Exeter, and maybe, make them into a powerhouse!

mate, i hope u know that not in every league u have this kind of awards. for exmple, in the german league you dont have the manger of the month

Good tactic but when i use it "without instant result" my teams get too many draws especially vs trash teams like Las Palmas and my striker can't score a lot of goals. For example R. Sociedad in normal mode:
View attachment 142942

I'm struggling. Played 1,5 season with Gladbach. Nowhere near the 1st place - alot of draws and when I go behind I never come back. Seeing people winning with ease using R.Sociedad/Valencia in Spain, Leicester/Stoke in England and also Fiorentina in Italy. So I decided to give it a go with Inter which is a strong side. 28g 17w 6d 5l. Its disappointing to lose 5 games at this time - 12 points after Juventus with 10 games to go. Ive played Jovevic as SS but in 20 games but he didnt score or assisted...

And thats no disrespect to TTF or the tactic. I really appreciate it! I just wanna get to the top :-) Cant figure out what I'm doing wrong. Perhaps my frontman isnt strong enough. Btw Im not using instant result

-----------------------------------

Finished second with 80 points. Decent - and won Coppa Italia so Im pleased :-) Want to beat Juve and do well in CHL!

Last edited:
Does the role suitability (the circle thingy) have any influence on how the players perform? As in should I train that first, for example the ML has wide midfielder as role but you say train as winger

I guess position should be accomplished or natural and role at competent?
- View attachment 142829
also is there a trick to speed up the positional retraining? sometimes when the ai used a player on a new position they go from ineffectual to unconvincing instantly

mate, i hope u know that not in every league u have this kind of awards. for exmple, in the german league you dont have the manger of the month

And in the french Ligue 1, I've seen managers keeping relegation predicted teams in top 15 getting manager of the year while the PSG manager 2nd place for winning the leauge, and I found my self at 3rd place for getting 2nd place in the leauge.

Back