UPDATE 13.1.3 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013

The full details are in the OP

Yeah, I've read it on SI's pages as well, but it's not exactly very informative. The language is extremely general. I.e. not much of a bug review.

This is already miles ahead of of FM12, certainly isnt random. The updates were anything but random.

They are only going to build on this, so chances are you will funamentally hate it.

It still produces several weird **** ups per game. Strange own goals, wingers walking the ball into the net from the byline, strikers seemingly unwilling to strike at the ball in front of a half-open net, etc. These sort of things destroy the immersion and believability of the match engine. They can improve the foundations as much as they want, as long as these things are still in there, and they very much are with my own eyes as witnesses, then it doesn't matter. FM12 had all but eliminated these incidents. They're back in full force here. No doubt once they eliminate those, we will end up with a superior match engine, but it just isn't there at the moment.

Yeah, I've read it on SI's pages as well, but it's not exactly very informative. The language is extremely general. I.e. not much of a bug review.

Its pretty informative. The things you describe could be knock ons of different things. So a fix for them may not be described in the same style as you wrote, though off the top of my head, at least half of those have been fixed.

Yeah, hence my question. I.e. Have anyone played with new patch and experienced improvements re those points.

Cheers for the response.

p.s. for best result new savegame?

It still produces several weird **** ups per game. Strange own goals, wingers walking the ball into the net from the byline, strikers seemingly unwilling to strike at the ball in front of a half-open net, etc. These sort of things destroy the immersion and believability of the match engine. They can improve the foundations as much as they want, as long as these things are still in there, and they very much are with my own eyes as witnesses, then it doesn't matter. FM12 had all but eliminated these incidents. They're back in full force here. No doubt once they eliminate those, we will end up with a superior match engine, but it just isn't there at the moment.

If you think they are still there, note them and report them. It's how further tweaks are made. Winger issue were definitely there in FM12, its a long standing annoyance of mine.

There is a lot of rose tinted-ness about the FM12 engine, even though that had 11 patches.

Last edited:
Yeah, hence my question. I.e. Have anyone played with new patch and experienced improvements re those points.

Cheers for the response.

p.s. for best result new savegame?

Fine with to carry on normal save.

If you think the game peaked in 01/02, why are you playing now though? 01/02 was extremely basic, also buggy as ****. The game is entirely different.

Ugh... the patch has really destroyed my tactic. I had a great rythm going in, averaging 55-60% poss with 15-20 shots per game, in the 15 matches I've done since last night, 50ish% poss and 1-8 shots? Argh, just in time to knock me out of FA cup and Europa.

defence is still ***** players just watching the ball roll past them while a striker a good 20 yards away runs up to it and taps it past the keeper-_-

passing and movement off the ball,decisions have all bein improved alot tho so gj

If you think they are still there, note them and report them. It's how further tweaks are made. Winger issue were definitely there in FM12, its a long standing annoyance of mine.

There is a lot of rose tinted-ness about the FM12 engine, even though that had 11 patches.
You don't have to talk to me as if I'm a 12 year old ******, I know how SI work and I've put in my fair share of bug reports with PKM's on their bugs forum over the many editions I've played. And there's nothing rose tinted about my experiences with FM12, as I had a lot of issues with it (such as the ineffectiveness of wingers). However, what it certainly didn't do was produce as many glitches in player behaviour as FM13, due to years of polishing. And that's exactly what kills immersion in FM13, the fact you can win or lose a game by a few random moments in stead of winning or losing it tactically.

Played 1 match yesterday after updating and i have to say that i am not impressed. In fact i have seen more strange stuff yesterday than in the 2 prior weeks:

- player carrying the ball like it was an egg from the goal line to past the midfield line for IFK, just like in 12
- physio not getting up and sliding his buttocks all the way to get to the injured player
- long passes making almost perfect "U"
- keeper stuck to the post, legs moving but going nowhere, like the linesman in 12
- keeper still jump before the shot and animation as bad as before
- throw ins STILL going to the opposition player (they must be colour blind)

Only improvement i noticed was the fall down player who gets up before starting "running" now, not perfect but looks a bit better.

And might not be related but the players were completely out of sync in the first 45 min like it was the first game with new tactic.

Last edited:
dunno what the complaints are about. the patch IMO has made things alot better no longer do wingers and fullbacks think they can do a carlos. players try to intercept passing. pressing is better, sure i have had to tweak my tactics but i'm scoring alot more just beat feyenoord 10-1 on aggregate, man city in there own back yard 3-0 and had about 4-5 5 nillers since the update all in all a success for me

Go to C/My Documents/Sports Interactive/FM 2013 - check to see if there is a crash dump folder in there and if there is delete it.

Then go to steam, right mouse click on FM 2013 and select properties. Select Verify Game Cache and let it do its thing then open FM again.

This should get find/fix/replace any corrupt files etc.
there was no crash dump folder but i did verified the game cache. thanks for the advice

loving this patch, much better, there are still a few flaws though.. keeping is not sorted out properly and the defenders are still ball watching on some occasions but overall, much much better!

This is a very small little thing that I have noticed since the Demo and though SI might have picked it up to!

We do not need over half a dozen decimal places..

If you think the game peaked in 01/02, why are you playing now though? 01/02 was extremely basic, also buggy as ****. The game is entirely different.

I struggle a bit to describe why, as I'm sure some of it is romanticized by the passing of time. But it is the last time I really enjoyed it. Most of my mates I grew up with have it as their favourite as well. I guess I'd have to say it was (at the time) the best mix of detail and playability. Detail has grown immensely, but in my opinion playability has been left behind years ago.
(I could probably also draw in the lack of "negative" incidents that are now gone due to libel etc which gave it a more real feel, but that would probs be a whole other topic (loved that hidden code). I understand it, but i detracts from gameplay. I mean you can go through a season now without Joey Barton throwing a hissyfit)

As to why I play it - well I grew up with this game. I've played it since I was 14-15. Since Tommy Johnson from Derby was THE player to get once the game loaded up, when you'd play with Newcastle for Lee Clark, Robert Lee, as they'd just trashed Swindon 7-1 irl on the telly. I left it in 2007 due to what I've described earlier, but always keep an eye out for the reviews I guess. To give it another go.

loving this patch, much better, there are still a few flaws though.. keeping is not sorted out properly and the defenders are still ball watching on some occasions but overall, much much better!

This is a very small little thing that I have noticed since the Demo and though SI might have picked it up to!

We do not need over half a dozen decimal places..

I had the decimal points on the last update, I thought it would have been rectified on this update but I'd rather the ME was up to scratch which it will be by Christmas I suspect :)

has anyone had a ridiculous amount of stoppage time alot? fourth official will say one-two minutes and end up playing 5,6,7 minutes with no obvious delay. it may just be something i missed but would be interested if people are having this issue. this has happened about 6 times in last 12 games

has anyone had a ridiculous amount of stoppage time alot? fourth official will say one-two minutes and end up playing 5,6,7 minutes with no obvious delay. it may just be something i missed but would be interested if people are having this issue. this has happened about 6 times in last 12 games

Is this in the Premier league with Man U? Fergie Association rules. :p

But seriously, it happens to me when there are substitutions or injuries in after the stoppage time was set, which i personally find realistic :)

Also the ref is not ending the match during set pieces and attacks, again i find it pretty well simulated.

Finally!!! been waiting for this! its time to buy the game and make Sheffield united PL champions again!

anyone have any feedback on the ME changes so far? stuck at work, i'm so anxious to get home and play ths i'm nearly burning a hole in the carpet!!

It could be worse. You could, like me, just have heard you'll be having to work late the next two weeks to finish a project -- but but how will Villa win the Champions League now?