UPDATE 13.1.3 RELEASED for Football Manager 2013

not sure this is the right place to post this, made a thread in errors but i will post here also because i think it is related to the new patch since it's the first time i had any errors.
View attachment 284032View attachment 284033

Go to C/My Documents/Sports Interactive/FM 2013 - check to see if there is a crash dump folder in there and if there is delete it.

Then go to steam, right mouse click on FM 2013 and select properties. Select Verify Game Cache and let it do its thing then open FM again.

This should get find/fix/replace any corrupt files etc.

****, 6-7-8 shots a game with the new patch ? It`s less than half from what i used to have on 13.1.2
Keepers , long pass , long strikes & crossing need more work

****, 6-7-8 shots a game with the new patch ? It`s less than half from what i used to have on 13.1.2
Keepers , long pass , long strikes & crossing need more work

well i get like 5-15 GOOD shots... on 13.1.2 i got 20-40 very bad shots... much better now

well i get like 5-15 GOOD shots... on 13.1.2 i got 20-40 very bad shots... much better now

Any own goal problem ? I got 4 in 11 games, all from cross ball, Jagielka my top own goal scorer with 3 :S

havent seen anything bad so far tbh... had 1 own goal but it was from penalty the ball hit the bar and of the GK's back and in... lol!

Game seems to have got a lot harder. Was 8W 1D 0L away from home in my first PL season with Nottingham Forest sat in 4th place. Now need to rethink all tactics after a awful run of just 5 points in 8 games. :(

Can't see anything about the keepers actually playing it short when you tell them to, instead of just hoofing it upfield.
Little bit worried as this was all I wanted from the patch.

Can't see anything about the keepers actually playing it short when you tell them to, instead of just hoofing it upfield.
Little bit worried as this was all I wanted from the patch.

They didnt have time for that, look for further improvement before xmas

I think SI have lost the plot a bit in terms of the Match Engine. This update feel very, very random. Some things work better, some are unchanged and some are worse. The ME after this update is just as much of a work in progress as before, just very... different! They aren't a step closer to producing a solid ME. I feel it's still miles behind FM12 in terms if producing a convincing game of football.

I think SI have lost the plot a bit in terms of the Match Engine. This update feel very, very random. Some things work better, some are unchanged and some are worse. The ME after this update is just as much of a work in progress as before, just very... different! They aren't a step closer to producing a solid ME. I feel it's still miles behind FM12 in terms if producing a convincing game of football.

This is already miles ahead of of FM12, certainly isnt random. The updates were anything but random.

They are only going to build on this, so chances are you will funamentally hate it.

Last edited:
Guess that'll have to do :L bit annoying because it makes it quite hard to make a possession tactic

pick a specific player, i use my full back, hasnt been terrible in terms of possession tactics. But I'm very much looking forward to further keeper updates.

pick a specific player, i use my full back, hasnt been terrible in terms of possession tactics. But I'm very much looking forward to further keeper updates.

I set it to one of my cbs and I can't get my keepers pass completion % over 50-60

Can anyone tell me if this has been addressed, so I know if I can be bothered picking up this game anymore:

-players who instantly upon receiving the ball turn their back on direction of play and opponents
-players on 6-yard line with clear shot turning the ball back to someone 20+ yards out
-players constantly finishing from a 90 degree angle to the goal instead of playing the 45 degree out to the 3 players avilable (as opposed to what they do in my point above)
-players around the 18-yard line who turn play all the way back to own keeper
-full backs who upon receiving the ball stop dead and stand there waiting to be disposessed by opponent with subsequent clear run.
-players who randomly run past the ball instead of catching it, leaving opponent clear run on goal.
-goalkeeper standing frozen still, shot going through him into net
-goalkeeper not so much throwing himself where he stands as just collapsing, not after the ball
-overload, pump ball into box, get ball forward, 2 mins left = ******* about own side of midfield playing 5-a-side.
-same as above, goal down, going for Guinness record possesion 30 yards out, not chasing equaliser.
-passing style apparently not effecting anything at all how one passes the ball.
-defenders, despite man mark, get stuck in, max closing down - standing around 3-4 of them watching the ball in own area instead of clearing it, leaving lone striker to score.
-same settings as above = stand off, stand off, stand off, back to own 6 yard line. Shot from 18 and goal against.
-player spending best part of the half to turn direction to own goal on breakdown, leaving lone striker clear run on goal.
-and MOST of all, yet again exaggerating influence of tactics to the point one has to spend 3 months IRL (not in-game time) tweaking, tweaking, tweaking tactics without getting nowhere. Even my club managed to get a 3rd place by spending enough millions on individuals, despite having the leagues most clueless tactician EVER for a manager!
How large a portion of customers are that nerdy in their approach to the game to accept that? It kills ALL playability. You end up not giving a **** about any other aspects of the game than tweaking tactics between every match.

I've played this series since CM93. And all this bullshit I've just listed is the reason I left it in 2007, as in my opinion, the game is utter ****. They peaked with 01/02, and ever since it's been nothing but downhill. The solution is to pound on functionality after functionality for "depth" to call it "realistic", yet playability is diminished year after year, and SI aren't clueing up at all!