You mentioned the transfer update. Do you know the date, when its published?

another patch out and they still haven't fixed the long shots bug... i am really starting to lose interest in this game... been playing it since early 2000.... long shots , hitting the bar 3 times a game on average conceding every cross , and my crosses well the strikers either headed it over from one yard out or hit the bar,,,,
that's the way a game suppose to tell something is wrong?? its a joke...

another patch out and they still haven't fixed the long shots bug... i am really starting to lose interest in this game... been playing it since early 2000.... long shots , hitting the bar 3 times a game on average conceding every cross , and my crosses well the strikers either headed it over from one yard out or hit the bar,,,,
that's the way a game suppose to tell something is wrong?? its a joke...

The long shots have long been fixed, any issues you have are tactical. I know its the done thing to blame the game, but frankly you need to have a look at your own approach. The fact that you have been playing since 2000, has no bearing on the issue that you need to revisit your approach and look at your players. There are a number of reasons why players take long shots, you need to start actually watching the game and looking at why.

Last edited:
I just conceded another goal from a defensive error back pass :) which cost me 2 points.. first mistake that has led to a goal in several matches though :) so cannot complain that much!

This was the Semi Final of the FA Cup (2nd season) which I just played the game before the mistake mentioned above, which was against West Ham as well..

I know it was a neutral ground but I have not seen anything like the domination that happened in this game.. 4 ccc's and hit the woodwork 3 times as well..

the next game where we drew 1:1 from the error above was a lot more even (away from home)

Not even joking now, ALL the goals I seem to concede are from pass backs to the keeper, throwing it straight to the opposition from throwings then they punish me or from corners. So frustrating, think they need to edit this for sure on the next update and I think your on the money with the away from home thing as well, that's when it happens most frequently, as I seem to destroy teams at home. So this is a bit strange in my views, pretty **** annoying too when your a team like Southampton.

its very funny how people analyse features in new patches: if im winning, the patch is good, if im losing, the patch is bad hahahah

THIS is weird, not the game. FM is supposed to be the most realistic as possible, not a "win every match" video game

grow up, build your own tactics around your squad strenghts and enjoy

the ME changes are very good this time!!

it's comment like this annoy me more than the game.. I played this game since early 2000.. the problem is when things go right it's because you have done something right and everything flows, the reason people complain about the game is because when something is wrong (i.e your tactic or morale) or whatever else it could be, it isn't shown on the game play as it should.. for example my team dominate possession against almost any team however i hit the bar 3 times every game, my crosses (which are easier scored than missed) are somehow hit just over or smashed against the bar/post from 2 yards out and thats being generous ....

Basically if you get it right then everything flows but if you don't, or want to play possession football you get these bugs like long shots, conceding from crosses and you can not score no matter what ..etc... sadly that is the game and yes it is frustrating when things dont go your way, but its more frustrating when you play better football and create more chances only to see them hit the bar more often than not. they take long shots when they told not too... now you can say that's football and you doing well just need better strikers (which i have and also tried different ones) but when it happens a lot more than normal like 3 per game for over 15 games in half of a season then you start to question if this is the game's way of telling you something is wrong ... before I get these annoying comments, I just want to say i am aware that this game is extremely complex and they done a good job etc ... and its hard to take into account every tactic and create perfect flows to show in the game.. but come on every year we buy the game and then they release 4 or 5 updates to fix all the bugs they released with it, its not a shooter game, its a long term career game and if you play it with bugs like we have it ruins it for you... why not release the demo early and give it time like a lot of games.. if you like me play DAY Z you will know that the beta demo has been out for nearly a year now.. i am not saying a year of demo for this but one week before release date?????.. pointless!!!! people just dont bother creating new tactics to test .. i have seen it on here almost everyone was waiting for a stable system to create their tactic,, i will wait for the full update to come before i create a tactic.. etc........

Last edited:
The long shots have long been fixed, any issues you have are tactical. I know its the done thing to blame the game, but frankly you need to have a look at your own approach. The fact that you have been playing since 2000, has no bearing on the issue that you need to revisit your approach and look at your players. There are a number of reasons why players take long shots, you need to start actually watching the game and looking at why.

see above

Not even joking now, ALL the goals I seem to concede are from pass backs to the keeper, throwing it straight to the opposition from throwings then they punish me or from corners. So frustrating, think they need to edit this for sure on the next update and I think your on the money with the away from home thing as well, that's when it happens most frequently, as I seem to destroy teams at home. So this is a bit strange in my views, pretty **** annoying too when your a team like Southampton.

I had exact same problem twice in 4 games i was wining 1-0 until my GK decided to walk out with it kick it long in their half for their player to volley it from their own half , one of the best goals i have ever seen!! scored because Krul decided to go out for no reason and not run back in net... lol
as for corners i concede from almost every corner or cross ... yet my 19 free kick taker and long shots of 17 cant score or threaten their goal over the whole season from freekicks..

Last edited:
it's comment like this annoy me more than the game.. I played this game since early 2000.. the problem is when things go right it's because you have done something right and everything flows, the reason people complain about the game is because when something is wrong (i.e your tactic or morale) or whatever else it could be, it isn't shown on the game play as it should.. for example my team dominate possession against almost any team however i hit the bar 3 times every game, my crosses (which are easier scored than missed) are somehow hit just over or smashed against the bar/post from 2 yards out and thats being generous ....

Basically if you get it right then everything flows but if you don't, or want to play possession football you get these bugs like long shots, conceding from crosses and you can not score no matter what ..etc... sadly that is the game and yes it is frustrating when things dont go your way, but its more frustrating when you play better football and create more chances only to see them hit the bar more often than not. they take long shots when they told not too... now you can say that's football and you doing well just need better strikers (which i have and also tried different ones) but when it happens a lot more than normal like 3 per game for over 15 games in half of a season then you start to question if this is the game's way of telling you something is wrong ... before I get these annoying comments, I just want to say i am aware that this game is extremely complex and they done a good job etc ... and its hard to take into account every tactic and create perfect flows to show in the game.. but come on every year we buy the game and then they release 4 or 5 updates to fix all the bugs they released with it, its not a shooter person, its a long term career game and if you play it with bugs like we have it ruins it for you... why not release the demo early and give it time like a lot of games.. if you like me play DAY Z you will know that the beta demo has been out for nearly a year now.. i am not saying a year of demo for this but one week before release date?????.. pointless!!!! people just dont bother creating new tactics to test .. i have seen it on here almost everyone was waiting for a stable system to create their tactic,, i will wait for the full update to come before i create a tactic.. etc........

To be honest he is right. The aim of the Match Engine is to replicate football as close as possible, the aim of the updates is to erase as many flaws as possible and improve the game to that end. Whether it breaks your mine or anyone elses tactics in the process is utterly mute. Having said that a well balanced tactic will last through updates. The patches do a lot more than fix bugs.

The closed beta for example has been running for 10 weeks before the release. Also how can they run a beta for a year on a game that is released every year?.

By the way the bold is wrong. Dominating doesn't necessarily mean you are doing everything right (Hello Liverpool). And players are not robots either. They will take long shots for whatever reasons.

If something is wrong, its reflected in the game play.

Virtually everything you have said comes down to players and tactics atm, so you are better off creating a tactical thread. Up to you, but most of your issues are quite avoidable.

Whether my points annoy you or not is again neither here nor there, they still stand.

I had exact same problem twice in 4 games i was wining 1-0 until my GK decided to walk out with it kick it long in their half for their player to volley it from their own half , one of the best goals i have ever seen!! scored because Krul decided to go out for no reason and not run back in net... lol

It's absolute madness, and it's incredibly frustrating, can't say it enough, especially when your not winning and you actually lose from it as well, was beating United 1-0 with my Soton until the 77th minute when this happened and Cleverley scored. Funnily enough, was in a Cup Game away at Derby and Will Hughes scored a 45 yard free kick against me, looped over Jason Steele who was stranded. I looked at my screen with this exact face: :O.. It was unbelievable!

haha i know what you mean mate, i was beating Lazio in euro 2-0 home, lost because of it 3-0 away they really played bad too .. but funny as they only needed 3 to win it, and they got the three, whats weird is that i was on form in Euro and won the 3 games before it scoring in almost every game . i couldn't score just couldn't , they couldnt score from normal play becuase my players are that much better than them ... I dominated this game, hit the bar 3 times, they score that wonder half way goal because of my GK and then two from corners to win it.... the annoying thing the game kept my GK rating at 7 even though he didn't get back in his goal!!!! i dont mind the odd result but hitting the bars, conceding corners and crosses happens why too many times... i stuck with my tactic becuase in real life you would do.... playing better and creating chances but get punished lots but wow waaaaay too maaaanny times for my liking !!! bristol home in the FA cup first round so annoying!!!!

Update has been an overwhelming positive

Hi all, Just wanted to say YES! the latest patch hs really transformed the ME and its definitely for the better.

I totally understand what everyone has been saying about the horrendous "mistake" goals. I was doing an online game with some mates in the blue square prem and was winning the league by quite a way and then in the space of ten games i had a spate of these unexplicable howlers (the log range shot keeper nowhere to be seen, my cb tackling my GK, ball going through my GK twice). Each time they seemed to be crucial to deny me points which made it worse! It was really annoying me and everyone else told me to calm down but im a bit of a perfectionist and there was nothing i could do to stop these freak goals.

Although i understand it when people argue that a lot of these can be cut out by tactics and prep, these goals occur very rarely in real life (to one team anyway). Obviously there will be one a weekend in most leagues maybe more but its very rarely the same team each weekend! (unless you followed newcastle when we had Bramble and O'brien in the early naughties!) Undoubtedly these errors were due to the ME by in large. Dont get me wrong i enjoy a challenge and to be honest sometimes i feel like fm doesnt provide enough of a challenge (Its way too easy to get a team from the conference to prem back to back). These freak goals do not constitute a challenge though, just an annoyance!

However with the release of the new patch i started a new game which I have been looking forward to doing for a while. I have downloaded the english level 9 pyramid and am being my home town club Norton & Stockton Ancients. Predicted 22nd finish in the northern league division 1. I am playing really attractive high tempo posession football. My three formations all perform really differently which is something i didnt notice before. The gameplay is 100% better. Im noticing really intricate passing and brilliant finishing! Bearing in mind im using amateur players with most stats under 10 (most well below). You can really express your preferred play style and tactics now! I have overhauled the squad and have won 15 and lost 2 games. I am keeping clean sheets regularly and looking lethal in front of goal!

So essentaily Major thumbs up to the team at SI! it is like playing a totally different game! less football spectator more Footall manager! :D Im really looking forward to playing now! (a new one for FM13) although i still feel my stomach fall out of my **** every time my keeper is near the ball!

The update has definately made the game 10x more realistic, the ME is now alot better although still quite poor in comparrison to other football games

The update has definately made the game 10x more realistic, the ME is now alot better although still quite poor in comparrison to other football games
This just isnt true, there isnt a football simulation in the world anywhere near close to this.

This just isnt true, there isnt a football simulation in the world anywhere near close to this.

The game itself is very detailed and I truly enjoy it alot... but the ME is not the greatest which is the only downfall to what is an excellent game

seriousl i dont complain about updates.. i was always on those who complain.. i think its getting into the heads of those @ SI cos people complain a lot they tend to change a lot.. they should play the game & see a few things b4 changing if they dont.. this new update IMO is worse that the previous.. yes we had issues with long shots & missing penalties so if anything @ that shd be changed.. this new patch has made game slow.. players aree now playing like they cant see each other.. holding on to balls no matter what instruction you give.. its boring.. i dont think with every patch we should create a new tactic or formation.. how do u get a really gelled team if you always change tactics.. i feel only micro mnaging here & there should be the cue.. this new patch sucks simple.. Boring

Some people say the injury problem is getting worse after patch...
I slightly see the same.
But I don't see any update regarding injury chance in the patch.
Have you guys encountered such situation?

Some people say the injury problem is getting worse after patch...
I slightly see the same.
But I don't see any update regarding injury chance in the patch.
Have you guys encountered such situation?

Its a combination of the players now actually closing down, tackling and make movements. This suddenly puts them in moe situations where they can get injuried. As they make moe of these moves, they will also tire faster and this contributes to these situation to.

I also find that it now rains more than in previous patches ( once I had a 2 season without any rain at all) and this will also contribute.