Zizunola - I totally disagree, the new patch has made the game a lot more responsive to what you decide to do as the manager. I understand for many people the changes will have meant you have to change/re-make your tactics, once you have done that though you should notice a difference. I have played a LOT of fm13 and i cant remember once scoring from a lofted through ball or a sneaky reverse pass. Since the patch im scoring them for fun. (And im using decidedly **** players (amateur)) There seems to be a lot more variation in play, ironically i seem to be scoring a shed load of long shots too! Maybe just try adjusting your tactics and playing style a few times i would say give your team more creative freedom and try more fluid and attacking tactics now the ME is capable of allowing play to match those philosophies. Pass into space and work ball into box seem to have so much more effect on playing style as well now. Which will be good for those of us that like a high tempo attacking outlook.

Ronarch - I have had issues with injuries since i first started playing FM13 but havent noticed much of change either way since the latest patch. I would say the injuries do seem slightly more frequent than IRL but i think anyone that has supported newcastle or arsenal in recent years will tell you its probably less frequent than IRL so its probably just a case of take it at face value. To a certain extent we all only notice injuries being more frequent when we have got them, similarly to the "freak" goals many of us have had. When they arent occuring we dont think "oh havent had a injury crisis for a week or two and similarly haven't conceded an own goal from outside the box for a few games". If you see what i mean?

The game itself is very detailed and I truly enjoy it alot... but the ME is not the greatest which is the only downfall to what is an excellent game

Are you perhaps referring to the graphics, the 3D animation? If so, then there are other games that are much better since they are not Manager simulations. I speaking about the actuall Match Engine, these football games are not even close.

Are you perhaps referring to the graphics, the 3D animation? If so, then there are other games that are much better since they are not Manager simulations. I speaking about the actuall Match Engine, these football games are not even close.

Although I hate the overall gameplay of Fifa manager, the 3D graphics are much better than Football manager!

Although I hate the overall gameplay of Fifa manager, the 3D graphics are much better than Football manager!

and the players look like walking ******* in Fifa Manager, apart from the main and most famous players, they look stupid. I like the simplicity of the Football Manager 3D graphics, not over the top and overdone, but quite perfect tbh in my opinion.

The long shots have long been fixed, any issues you have are tactical. I know its the done thing to blame the game, but frankly you need to have a look at your own approach. The fact that you have been playing since 2000, has no bearing on the issue that you need to revisit your approach and look at your players. There are a number of reasons why players take long shots, you need to start actually watching the game and looking at why.

The long shots havent been fixed whatsoever and before you say take a look at my tactics ive been creating them for long enough to know what I'm looking at and doing ! The match engine is not really any different to me after the fixes the players still do not respond to what you ask them even with training and shouts eg my wing backs are trained to hug touch line and run down the left/right but they still seem to cut inside 90% of the time , wingers do the same , the long shots to me is because the players are single minded in this ME if they can't find a simple pass in the middle of the park instead of looking to the wings they resort to taking long shots ! the ME has considerably improved since the game was released but their are still major flaws with the ME and continuously telling people it's their tactic is extremely biased and to be honest I'm not sure which game you mods are playing sometimes ! Not trying to start an argument or debate it's just extremely annoying to see you week in week out blaming people's tactics and not giving any blame to SI whatsoever !

The excessive long shots have stopped. Pre-patch I had a f**ktonne being done by my players, now it's down to 5 at max. If it's higher it's because I tell the players to shoot on sight and some don't have the best long shot skills around.

So yeah. They have worked on it.

The long shots havent been fixed whatsoever and before you say take a look at my tactics ive been creating them for long enough to know what I'm looking at and doing ! The match engine is not really any different to me after the fixes the players still do not respond to what you ask them even with training and shouts eg my wing backs are trained to hug touch line and run down the left/right but they still seem to cut inside 90% of the time , wingers do the same , the long shots to me is because the players are single minded in this ME if they can't find a simple pass in the middle of the park instead of looking to the wings they resort to taking long shots ! the ME has considerably improved since the game was released but their are still major flaws with the ME and continuously telling people it's their tactic is extremely biased and to be honest I'm not sure which game you mods are playing sometimes ! Not trying to start an argument or debate it's just extremely annoying to see you week in week out blaming people's tactics and not giving any blame to SI whatsoever !

Its nothing to with bias, although you can believe that if it makes you feel any better.

If you think ive never given out over SI, then you have clearly never read any of my posts. With the exception of Dunc, there arguably isnt a mod who knows the ME on here as well as I do. That's not me trying to be arrogant, that's just how it is

It has, quite patently. If it wasn't then every one would be complaining. They are not, I've run a half season without any of the issues, with the aim of pushing to see what was fixed and what wasnt.

If you honestly think that the ME plays anywhere near the same as before, the frankly it shows little attention you are paying. If you are having the same issues again, then I'm not sure you can claim to know what you are doing, because its then obviously tactical.

If someone is suffering from a bug, I will tell them, if someone is suffering from their own tactical issues, I will tell them. If people dont like being told they might be doing something wrong, its not my duty to massage their ego and say something contrary.

We're playing the same game, and in truth pretty much everyone who has listened to us has been better off for it, especially when listening to Thebetterhalf.

Listen or dont listen, It doesnt hurt me. The fact is, the issue has been solved.

When you want the help, create a tactical thread. Or you can continue to be frustrated for the rest of the future FM's. Either way, no skin off my nose.

Last edited:
All this bickering is somewhat useless.

People who are winning say the ME has been improved.

People who are losing blame it on the game instead of their laziness in tactic build/squad improvement.

... Meh.

Its nothing to with bias, although you can believe that if it makes you feel any better.

If you think ive never given out over SI, then you have clearly never read any of my posts. With the exception of Dunc, there arguably isnt a mod who knows the ME on here as well as I do. That's not me trying to be arrogant, that's just how it is

It has, quite patently. If it wasn't then every one would be complaining. They are not, I've run a half season without any of the issues, with the aim of pushing to see what was fixed and what wasnt.

If you honestly think that the ME plays anywhere near the same as before, the frankly it shows little attention you are paying. If you are having the same issues again, then I'm not sure you can claim to know what you are doing, because its then obviously tactical.

If someone is suffering from a bug, I will tell them, if someone is suffering from their own tactical issues, I will tell them. If people dont like being told they might be doing something wrong, its not my duty to massage their ego and say something contrary.

We're playing the same game, and in truth pretty much everyone who has listened to us has been better off for it, especially when listening to Thebetterhalf.

Listen or dont listen, It doesnt hurt me. The fact is, the issue has been solved.

When you want the help, create a tactical thread. Or you can continue to be frustrated for the rest of the future FM's. Either way, no skin off my nose.

i ain't frustrated about anything and how arrogant of you to claim that I don't know what I'm doing this is my point about you mods you clearly seem to think you know everything about the game better then everyone else when you don't you just permenently continue to kiss SI's **** and abuse and contradict everyone who has a point or an opinion ! Also if you've sat there and made sure every flaw has been ironed out since the latest fix then you need to A. get a life and B. get a girlfriend or something preferably one that likes to listen to continuous ***** your mouth spouts out

All this bickering is somewhat useless.

People who are winning say the ME has been improved.

People who are losing blame it on the game instead of their laziness in tactic build/squad improvement.

... Meh.

I'm winning and say the ME hasnt improved I'm currently still unbeaten in my season so next opinion please

i ain't frustrated about anything and how arrogant of you to claim that I don't know what I'm doing this is my point about you mods you clearly seem to think you know everything about the game better then everyone else when you don't you just permenently continue to kiss SI's **** and abuse and contradict everyone who has a point or an opinion ! Also if you've sat there and made sure every flaw has been ironed out since the latest fix then you need to A. get a life and B. get a girlfriend or something preferably one that likes to listen to continuous ***** your mouth spouts out

So on one hand you're raging about the game not being fixed when it is, and on the other you're telling someone that if they've helped fix the game they need to get a life.

Quite apart from that astounding gap in logic, one would assume that telling someone to get a life over the ******* internet could well be much more of an indicator of actually needing to get a life.

Oh, and Mike. isn't claiming to know everything about the game. Just more than you. Which, on the face of it, looks pretty undeniable.

So on one hand you're raging about the game not being fixed when it is, and on the other you're telling someone that if they've helped fix the game they need to get a life.

Quite apart from that astounding gap in logic, one would assume that telling someone to get a life over the ******* internet could well be much more of an indicator of actually needing to get a life.

Oh, and Mike. isn't claiming to know everything about the game. Just more than you. Which, on the face of it, looks pretty undeniable.

Haha was wondering how long it'd take before you lot pitched in actually took longer then I thought ! How else could I tell him to get a life you ******* clown :)

Well, that escalated quickly...

Bottom line is, the long shot bug is fixed. Most, if not all, of the major problems of the game are fixed and everything else is improved upon. There's no point arguing about it. Almost all issues now are user issues. If your players are still taking long shots at will, your tempo is too high or your team doesn't create enough options.

Haha was wondering how long it'd take before you lot pitched in actually took longer then I thought ! How else could I tell him to get a life you ******* clown :)

There's missing the point, and then there's that.

Fm could never have graphics like that, because then they would need the faces to look like ther players, and then you get licencing issues, because that costs millions, and they would be competing for the licence with EA and all their money

Fm could never have graphics like that, because then they would need the faces to look like ther players, and then you get licencing issues, because that costs millions, and they would be competing for the licence with EA and all their money

I don't think a game like this needs those kind of graphics personally. The game has more longevity than any other I have played and you soon get to the stage where there are no real players left anyway. SI invest the time and money in more worthwhile areas.

I don't think a game like this needs those kind of graphics personally. The game has more longevity than any other I have played and you soon get to the stage where there are no real players left anyway. SI invest the time and money in more worthwhile areas.

Exactly, a whole lot of money for very little reward or longevity

you get licencing issues, because that costs millions, and they would be competing for the licence with EA and all their money

Al la Germany/Japan national team and no FM being sold in Germany.

Al la Germany/Japan national team and no FM being sold in Germany.
I'd forgotten that was the reason they weren't sold there. Pretty much kills the case for that level of animation.

And if anyone is thinking SI should team up with EA, please stop.