Hmmm what team instructions to employ now? 3rd ME update which has killed my tactics.

At first I was optimistic about this patch. But frankly after watching about 5 full matches I think this game may actually be unplayable for me.

14 games played, 12 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss. Propelled Millwall from 1 point off league 1 relegation to Promotion with 3 games left. Patch going okay so far :)

Pre Patch same tactic 14 games played, 9 wins, 5 draws, 0 losses. A lot more clean sheets since patch.

I don't know whether its related but to this patch but I've noticed the news feed seems to be giving me some unusual pieces of news that I've never noticed before.

First one was that an article said that my star striker who had played every game for the season and was miles in front in the goal scoring didn't deserve an international call-up because he couldn't break into my first team and lack of appearances etc.

Second was that news articles keep appearing that I'm being dragged into a relegation dogfight despite the fact that there is no promotion/relegation in the A-League.

I don't know if its related to the patch, but just haven't gotten articles so silly like these before.

Also not sure if it is due to the update, but mt strikers have turned to **** in front of the goal. Every shot they take is taken when there is a defender right in front. So many blocked shots.

:/ Considering not updating after seeing all this weirdness

What weirdness ?. From all the feedback I have seen( here and at SI), its mostly people struggling with getting their logos etc work that have been having trouble and after gettiing help, they have manager to sort things out. Naturally, you will see people posting about weird results and behaviour but thats only to expect since its conclusions drawn form one or two matches. There is no pattern detected at all and this will happen in a save sooner or later because that how football works.

IN short, I would not be afraid to update

Noticed marked improvement in marking, more aggressive tackling, wayward passing gone, defending is better, GK is performing much better along with the defenders in dangerous situations-and for the first time, Leighton Baines scores a goal via a 25 yard free kick, crossing far better. Everything was much improved. All of which resulted in:

View attachment 310456

Great birthday present courtesy of SI. Much :wub:

Morning guys.
I guess we're all really exicted about the new patch and what really has happend, i guess some people are quite mad aswell because of their tactic is smashed now.

I'm just going to list what i have noticed since the patch.

- Better defending
- Alot less goal attempts. Used to have like 20-40 in a match sometimes, now i usually get like 10 or so. Guess it has something to do with your players not doing longshots retarded anymore when you dont want them too. '
- Seems eaiser to keep a clean sheet aswell, Before the patch i'd almost never played 0-0 like maybe 2-3 games out of 200. First game i played as Chelsea i drew against Norwich.
- Players seems to act more reasticlly now really.
- Goalkeepers seems to be reasticlly now aswell.

This is all i have noticed for now.

Cheers

going to get stuck in now and see what has changed :) really excited to hear that most of the problems could have been eradicated.

Tried 20 games last night after update W17 L1 D2 with the tactics im using scored 33 conceded 7 seems to be loads better def wise and goalie not making silly mistakes only watched couple of full matches so can only comment little but seems good so far, keep up good work SI just waiting for transfer update then will start new long term save:wub::D

Oh my God, I honestly think SI deserve a round of applause :)

they have done it! what a huge difference, this is what a football manager game needs to be! I say this now as I won 3:0 but you can just tell its quite close to perfection in my opinion!

The ball movement is much more realistic, it actually slows down instead of picking up pace like a snowball hurlting down a ski slope, the players movements are so much better and realistic, I scored a goal that I had never seen before, great one touch around the box, headed cross from the left and Long on the half volley, left foot cracked it top left, it was brilliant!

the defenders actually defend (I say this but Chris Samba on my QPR save is the highest averaged player in the league in Jan at 8.08 pre patch) but the mistakes were just out of control..

the keepers are positioned much better on the near post and act more like real keepers should..

I did not get many crosses in the box, Samba and Mbia dealt with the one or two that did get in passed my fullbacks easily (pre patch Odemwingie would have scored both the goals against arguably the two biggest/strongest defenders in the EPL for a non top 4 team excl Stoke)

so that was nice

anyway, back to Fm to continue, its just a really nice feeling to know that what you ask the players to do on the pitch is actually being done on match day and no more silly mistakes that lose you 3 points or 2 points in the last minute of the game..

I agree they need a round of applause... shame they wouldnt hear it lol. My tactics have been working a treat recently and when the tactic is homemade its so enjoyable to see it work without bugs and mistakes ruining it.

the only down side is that why can SI not release this when they release the new game each year? I wish SI could strive for full release! they would get so many more sales (at the full price) rather than 50% of the people buying it only now for half the price..

then they can spend the time actually developing new aspects to the game and not having to fix all the bugs on the current release for most part of the year.. its just a little mind boggling that they cannot see that..

the only down side is that why can SI not release this when they release the new game each year? I wish SI could strive for full release! they would get so many more sales (at the full price) rather than 50% of the people buying it only now for half the price..

then they can spend the time actually developing new aspects to the game and not having to fix all the bugs on the current release for most part of the year.. its just a little mind boggling that they cannot see that..

Because if they wanted to release the game in this form, it would have come out yesterday.