Of all the times to travel home to see the family for a few days, a patch comes out! It's as if they knew . . . :p

Because if they wanted to release the game in this form, it would have come out yesterday.

hahhaha, but can you not agree with my point being that if they spent more time developing the game rather than trying to sort out all the problems we could have a much better game each year?

I know they have several months now to do it which is what they do most of the time, but SI could turn over so much more revenue if this is what was released on the day of release :)

so, with the new patch my Reading save has become too realistic.... lol i was competing for europe beating teams such as liverpool etc but now any of the top 8 gives me a good dumping on. time to rehash the tactics and impose my teams inferiority onto the world :D

Other than this the patch is fantastic and long overdue.

hahhaha, but can you not agree with my point being that if they spent more time developing the game rather than trying to sort out all the problems we could have a much better game each year?

I know they have several months now to do it which is what they do most of the time, but SI could turn over so much more revenue if this is what was released on the day of release :)

Funnily enough, SI do actually know what they're doing. If it was possible to release this game on release day, they would have done it. It wasn't, and they didn't, and they put out the best game they could.

Basically what you're saying is "why don't they just release it like this, then they could do more work on other things!" as if this was no problem at all and they were just wilfully keeping this version of the game from us or somesuch retardedness. I cannot impress upon you too much how ridiculous that viewpoint is.

Not had chance to play the game yet. With regards to the 'improved' match engine, has anyone found any improvements regarding a more possession based game and number of CCC's created .

Funnily enough, SI do actually know what they're doing. If it was possible to release this game on release day, they would have done it. It wasn't, and they didn't, and they put out the best game they could.

Basically what you're saying is "why don't they just release it like this, then they could do more work on other things!" as if this was no problem at all and they were just wilfully keeping this version of the game from us or somesuch retardedness. I cannot impress upon you too much how ridiculous that viewpoint is.

you like your little debates GC :p

of course they were not withholding it from us, a lot has changed from Fm12 to this version and of course there is going to be lag time to get everything sorted out, what I am saying is that for Fm14 they should look at trying to get it close to perfect as possible to generate much needed capital to reinvest to develop the game

you like your little debates GC :p

of course they were not withholding it from us, a lot has changed from Fm12 to this version and of course there is going to be lag time to get everything sorted out, what I am saying is that for Fm14 they should look at trying to get it close to perfect as possible to generate much needed capital to reinvest to develop the game

Cheers for that, I'll be sure to pass on that sound financial advice they couldn't possibly have already known to SI. Also, that other advice? "Get it as close to perfect as possible"? Brilliant. I'll pass that on too. They surely aren't already trying to do that.

Cheers for that, I'll be sure to pass on that sound financial advice they couldn't possibly have already known to SI. Also, that other advice? "Get it as close to perfect as possible"? Brilliant. I'll pass that on too. They surely aren't already trying to do that.

hahhaha mate, you take things way to seriously! enjoy the game and stop trying to start banter :)

well done SI, great job on the latest patch

Love it. Excellent patch release.....and still there is banter XD

hahhaha mate, you take things way to seriously! enjoy the game and stop trying to start banter :)

well done SI, great job on the latest patch

Son, I AM banter. ;)

I'm still waiting for my regular season to start, busy doing deals for Romulo and Damiao. I want to see how my 3-4-1-2 performs now. Florenzi was great beforehand but only because I used him as a striker from deep as an AM, now I want him doing more throughballs.

Hmm Raikan you may have your work cut out now trying to make a tactic up to save us all...:p

the only down side is that why can SI not release this when they release the new game each year? I wish SI could strive for full release! they would get so many more sales (at the full price) rather than 50% of the people buying it only now for half the price..

then they can spend the time actually developing new aspects to the game and not having to fix all the bugs on the current release for most part of the year.. its just a little mind boggling that they cannot see that..

Because its impossible to get that much work done. Literally that simple. You're basically asking why cant SI get 18 months of work done in under a year. It happens with every new engine. FM14 and so forth will now be a breeze on release. Until there is a new match engine...

Last edited:
Son, I AM banter. ;)

I'm still waiting for my regular season to start, busy doing deals for Romulo and Damiao. I want to see how my 3-4-1-2 performs now. Florenzi was great beforehand but only because I used him as a striker from deep as an AM, now I want him doing more throughballs.

I :wub: you too GC :p

Romulo is beast, loved him last year and love him even more this year :)

Because its impossible to get that much work done. Literally that simple. You're basically asking why cant SI get 18 months of work done in under a year.

yeah I understand mate, all I am saying is that it would be nice :)

yeah I understand mate, all I am saying is that it would be nice :)

When someone invents a time machine :D. Although, now that SEGA has Relic, Creative Assembly are releasing Totar War Rome 2, and FM13 set to have a big year, we may see more staff come on board, which could speed up development.

When someone invents a time machine :D. Although, now that SEGA has Relic, Creative Assembly are releasing Totar War Rome 2, and FM13 set to have a big year, we may see more staff come on board, which could speed up development.

that is exactly what I had typed in my reply lol, then deleted it.. thought GC would jump the gun again and did not feel like bantering with him again *yawn* :p

the more money they could potentially make from the game being "as close to perfect as possible" the more would buy it at full price, the more money SI will generate, hence employing more dev's :)

how are you finding the ME update Mike?

I have had 2 very decent wins with a mediocre QPR squad (2nd season January) so far on the new patch using my same tactics I was before the patch which got me to 3rd position (well I am sitting 3rd now and was before, Spurs have 2 games in hand though, so lets call it 4th)

I have narrowed the tactic down and slowed the tempo to prevent the long shot bug pre-patch and let the players hold up the ball a little more to allow players to find better positions for the pass and it is working even better on this patch, really liking the realism now, even more so than the patch before :)

Don't they have separate teams who are developing game and those who are fixing bugs?

I don't know whether its related but to this patch but I've noticed the news feed seems to be giving me some unusual pieces of news that I've never noticed before.

First one was that an article said that my star striker who had played every game for the season and was miles in front in the goal scoring didn't deserve an international call-up because he couldn't break into my first team and lack of appearances etc.

Second was that news articles keep appearing that I'm being dragged into a relegation dogfight despite the fact that there is no promotion/relegation in the A-League.

I don't know if its related to the patch, but just haven't gotten articles so silly like these before.

I've definitely had the international news item before the patch.....it related to my goalkeeper not making enough appearances to get a call up. He'd actually played in every game, bar 2 which he missed due to an international call-up!

I've definitely had the international news item before the patch.....it related to my goalkeeper not making enough appearances to get a call up. He'd actually played in every game, bar 2 which he missed due to an international call-up!

I think this was there since the start mate :) I had seen it before the patch and had seen others post it up as well, however, I may be wrong but I am about 98% sure