Of course games always need patching and are rarely released perfect, that is because we have let gaming companies ease into this sort of development. The internet allowed companies to use feedback to change a game and make it better after release which has eventually ended in them sending out a half game for the public to basically complete and tell them what hole to put the circle block in. I still believe that the first full release of FM13 was the worst game I have played in a good while. Why?

Although games are released broken and need patching with some horrendous faults, at the end of the day a game is designed to entertain you. FIFA I agree is broken but I can work around that because I can change how I play and get good at it, the same as pretty much every game. Yet with this FM you couldn't work around it, there was no way to make a tactic that catered your team because they never followed instructions, you couldn't set out to keep a clean sheet because even if things went well your keeper would decide to punt it in his own net. You near enough had no control of how a match played out aside from the position your players took up on the pitch.

I agree the game was playable but in legal terms 'not fit for purpose' or 'unsatisfactory quality' definitely spring to mind.

I would disagree with some of that too!

In my current save I have played 2 seasons on the previous patch. In the 1st season I conceded just 22 goals in 46 league games, keeping 27 clean sheets in the process! So, I set out to keep clean sheets and I kept clean sheets! All it took was a little thought, preparation and organization! In the 2nd season I conceded 44 in 46 league games, due to the higher standards of the higher league, but I still had the 2nd best defence in the league and got a second successive promotion in the process!

From what I've read, the new patch has improved defending, so, with a few new signings, I can look forward to my first season in the Premier League with a little optimism!

In my current save I have played 2 seasons on the previous patch. In the 1st season I conceded just 22 goals in 46 league games, keeping 27 clean sheets in the process! So, I set out to keep clean sheets and I kept clean sheets! All it took was a little thought, preparation and organization! In the 2nd season I conceded 44 in 46 league games, due to the higher standards of the higher league, but I still had the 2nd best defence in the league and got a second successive promotion in the process!

From what I've read, the new patch has improved defending, so, with a few new signings, I can look forward to my first season in the Premier League with a little optimism!

It also has improved attacking ;).

Does nobody ever read posts though ;_; I was talking about the first release, I finished my second season on an Arsenal save last week and only conceded 26, I have said I enjoyed the latest update.

Does nobody ever read posts though ;_; I was talking about the first release, I finished my second season on an Arsenal save last week and only conceded 26, I have said I enjoyed the latest update.

That is definitely some kind of achievement! I bet Arsene Wenger would love a defence like that!

Played a brief few games last night but instantly noticed the difference. Still a few misshapes that I can now put down to defensive error, rather than ME flaw. My left back did manage to score a 60 yard goal from a cross by accident but that could happen, right?

My defenders are actually winning the ball back now and wingers aren’t running to the by-line then cutting inside and beating my keeper on his near post and I’ve noticed a drop in cut backs.

Very much looking forward to creating more tactics now :)

P.S – Love the amount of people who are saying they won’t buy the game again, yet continue to play it. I sympathise, I do the same with Chocolate, Coffee and exercise.

I still can't see facepacks after the update --' took them off, restarted FM, restarted PC, started FM again and they still don't work after the update.

I still can't see facepacks after the update --' took them off, restarted FM, restarted PC, started FM again and they still don't work after the update.

i have the same problem. i´m currently trying to reinstall the game. hopefully it works!

To both of you: remove the facepacks, uninstall the game, then reinstall the game, run it once to make sure installation fully completes, then reinstall the facepacks.

Its a very annoying side issue caused by custom packs.

I'm gonna do that, it's just really just an hassle that we shouldn't be having. Thanks Mike.

To both of you: remove the facepacks, uninstall the game, then reinstall the game, run it once to make sure installation fully completes, then reinstall the facepacks.

What exactly do you mean "shouldn't be having"?

Do SI have to be responsible for all third party addons now as well?

By shouldn't be having I obviously mean SHOULDN'T BE HAVING :)

Don't turn this into a useless argument, go play FM ;)

What exactly do you mean "shouldn't be having"?

Do SI have to be responsible for all third party addons now as well?

I havent got the update yet on mine? Im still on 13.0.0 ... Any idea why this is?

I havent got the update yet on mine? Im still on 13.0.0 ... Any idea why this is?

Could be various reasons. Do you have Steam online? Is the game actually legit*?

* Apologies, but it has to be asked, it's amazing how many "require" support whilst running illegal copies. Even more so given you are still running 13.0.0.

thanks mike!