Uruguay v Ghana Thread

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But its unfair play to handball it, if you cant header it away or fairly block it, dont handball it, its cheating.

So you would rather go out because you played "fair"? ****, I believe every player would have done it. I still think that he would have been able to clear the ball with a header but still, he just tried to save his team from going home

Suarez has Goalkeeping Tekkers! XD

Gutted for Ghana.

Goals need to be given in situations like that.

Put your self in that position,playing for your nation would you let the ball get in the net???? Or use your hand and pray!!!

Epic game.

And anyone whining about the handball obviously doesn't have a competitive streak in them. Gyan had a golden opportunity to bury Uruguay, and he choked.

ffs, I bet EVERY one of you would have done what Suarez did, and I agree its cheating and completely unfair on Ghana, but when you think about it, its a very clever thing to do

I'm not saying I wouldn't have done the same thing, as I know full well that I would.

However, the rules should be changed so you can't just stick your arm out and cost the opposition a stonewall goal.

How do you determine what a stonewall goal is? For all we know, he would have headed it clear, and for all he knows it would have deflected off his face into the net for the winner.

nobody would be complaining about this if Gyan had made his PK, PERIOD END OF DISCUSSION.

Really dirty move by Suarez. As bad as Henry's hand ball IMO.
Henry never got punished for that [if he did, feel free to correct me.]

Suarez got the red card and, if Gyan scored, would've effectively ended his countries World Cup Tournament.

How do you determine what a stonewall goal is? For all we know, he would have headed it clear, and for all he knows it would have deflected off his face into the net for the winner.

nobody would be complaining about this if Gyan had made his PK, PERIOD END OF DISCUSSION.
Well its more annoying that they didn't go through by that cheating.
But, yeah, if Gyan scored it wouldn't have been as bad as they still went through and were not cheated out.

If he headed it rather than punching it, there would be no issue... so I don't understand how they are related.

And of course we wouldn't be complaining, because Ghana would have won it, like they deserved to. As it stands, they went out to a a flaw in the rules.

Should give a penalty goal like they do in rugby if its gonna be a stonewall try. Oh well.

Nothing they can do now.

Well its more annoying that they didn't go through by that cheating.
But, yeah, if Gyan scored it wouldn't have been as bad as they still went through and were not cheated out.

He got punished for cheating, and Gyan had a PK which go in more than not. Then they lost in the shoot out anyway.

It's nowhere near as simple as using instant replay to determine if the ball crossed the line or not.

If he headed it rather than punching it, there would be no issue... so I don't understand how they are related.

I was saying, nobody knows what would have happened either way.

And of course we wouldn't be complaining, because Ghana would have won it, like they deserved to. As it stands, they went out to a a flaw in the rules.

So you only complain about rules when it's convenient? I think this is some latent anger about Englands phantom goal.

The rule works more often than not, Gyan should have won the game. It is what it is.

Suarez did it because otherwise his country would of been knocked out, if he tried to block it with his head, he wouldn't of been able to clear it. I know I don't speak for everyone but I would probably would of done the same if I was in a World Cup quarter final.

The rule works more often than not, Gyan should have won the game. It is what it is.

I'm saying the rule should be changed so a goal is given in that circumstance. It's completely unrelated to England's goal, as there was no cheating by players.

I could throw the accusation back at you that you are just sour about Ghana beating USA, and therefore won't see reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.