Uruguay v Ghana Thread

Who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Suraez abuse is a bit harsh tbh,

Yeah he cheated, he got his Punishment, He gave away a penalty in the last minute, He could of cost his team the game.

Ghana missed the Penalty, The game goes on, I think this is just taking away the fact that Gyan and Mensah between them cost ghana the game and a place in the Semis, 2 poor penalties.

Why are people suddenly saying we should change the rules to be like rugby? :S He had a chance to win score the penaly, choked and his team got 'Knocked the **** OUT'.

Suarez is a bit of a **** he's screwed ghana out the world cup.

I've seen players in pretty much his situation actually try to head the ball.

I'm saying the rule should be changed so a goal is given in that circumstance. It's completely unrelated to England's goal, as there was no cheating by players.

Changing a rule, based on a very limited number of issues is naive. The rule works. The rule WOULD HAVE WORKED if Gyan made his shot. Adding this new rule would only cause more headaches without solving anything.

I could throw the accusation back at you that you are just sour about Ghana beating USA, and therefore won't see reason.
Problem with that is, I was largely cheering for Ghana. Although I have no problem with Uruguay winning.

I think the Suraez abuse is a bit harsh tbh,

Yeah he cheated, he got his Punishment, He gave away a penalty in the last minute, He could of cost his team the game.

Ghana missed the Penalty, The game goes on, I think this is just taking away the fact that Gyan and Mensah between them cost ghana the game and a place in the Semis, 2 poor penalties.

Totally agree... if he scored the peno, ye wouldn't be saying the rules need to be changed, even though the ref gave the exact same decision...

I don't think people understand how similar the situation is to both the Maradona and Henry scenario. The only difference is that it cost them a goal, rather than them conceding one.

Yes, the referee caught it, but how is that fair when a definite goal suddenly becomes a penalty and therefore gives the cheating team a chance? <)

I don't think people understand how similar the situation is to both the Maradona and Henry scenario. The only difference is that it cost them a goal, rather than them conceding one.

Yes, the referee caught it, but how is that fair when a definite goal suddenly becomes a penalty and therefore gives the cheating team a chance? <)

But what makes it definate?

Definite goal is questionable, as I said before, if he didn't use his hands he could have possibly cleared it. Certainly wouldn't have been definite then. He probably freaked and used his hands, doesn't mean he couldn't have used his head.

Why is everyone calling for Suarez's head? He probably didn't even have time to think about and did an instinct reaction. Calm down

Actually I really like Suarez and I think in that enormous pressure, he didn't knew what he has done, already, the match is over and more important matches have been won like this.
Also, why to give Ghana a goal, when that ball wasn't even in the net?

I'm not calling for Suarez's head. I would have done the same thing.

I'm saying it's a flaw in the rules. As for it being a definite goal, it would have been if he didn't handball it. If he cleared it with his head, it wouldn't have been, obviously, but he chose not to/wasn't able to, therefore any question about using his head is null and void.

Lol, don't worry, Suarez knew exactly what he was doing, it was the only way he could keep Uruguay in the competition.

Lol, don't worry, Suarez knew exactly what he was doing, it was the only way he could keep Uruguay in the competition.

If only Robert Green had shown that much commitment to keeping the ball out of the goal.

Well theres no point in saying to change a rule to that of rugbys, they are completely different sports, one is fat bastards fighting over a triangular ball, the other is athletes playing the beautiful game ;)

Well theres no point in saying to change a rule to that of rugbys, they are completely different sports, one is fat bastards fighting over a triangular ball, the other is athletes playing the beautiful game ;)
neither funny or accurate

270775.png
= cheat
Yes yes we seen you the first time.

I think because it was in Africa and everyone was willing Ghana to win they feel cheated but the rules are simple. The ref called it right and Ghana choked it. If the ref had missed it entirely and allowed Suarez to stay on and no penalty given then you could probably feel sorry for Ghana.

Status
Not open for further replies.