Patch 14.1.4

Been trying out my tactics and scout technique on other saves fro patch 14.1.4 before loading up my long term one.

Test with Ajax:

View attachment 451177

Test with Everton:

View attachment 451174

Happy enough with those results so will return to my long term save. Didn't expect too much difference to be honest as the tactics aren't based on any match flaw or corner bug.

Any tweaks I make for 14.1.4 I'll let you all know here.

Reuploading the tactics pack with a few more included (and took away the 343 as it hasn't survived the 14.1.4 update - I would recommend Iamauser's 343 here http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-14-tactics/147643-3-4-3-lets-score-goals.html)

Tactics List:

View attachment 450965

Won back-to-back promotions with Altrincham from Skrill North to League 1 using these tactics and the scout reports. (Can't post screens of the league tables as I removed the leagues after promotion and I can no longer view the previous tables)

But here we are battling it out at the top of League 1.

View attachment 450962

Hi ******, where is the scout report of the next opposition?

Hi ******, where is the scout report of the next opposition?
On the news item, top right (make sure you have a scout assigned to scout next opposition)

View attachment 450902

Are you really mixing that many tactics over a season?

Yes.

Playing FMC and there is no tactic familiarity so you aren't limited to three tactics like the full game (something that should be change in my opinion)

Last edited:
******, in the preseason wich tactic do you use??

Last edited:
Alright W4NKER, i dont usually test people tactics but I read your theory on changing tactics to suit a teams vunerable tactic and it sounds a really interesting idea

Ive been struggling with FM14 with my own tactics and also with others and as a third issue I always struggle to find a team to be that I get excited by.

I have decided to start a save with Sheffield United (mainly because they a bit of cash and are a decent LGE 1 Team) inputting your ideas and will change tactics each game dependent on the opposition vulnerabilities to a certain tactic.

It looks pretty decent so far after 3 competitive games so will update on here after maybe 20-25 games to let you know how its going.

Any extra tips you can give me?

Cheers, Steve R

And when the scout report a tactic not included in your pack? What tactic do you use?

Holy ****, what a year. Both Atalanta and Napoli were undefeated in Serie A until January, but Napoli had the better undefeated record. Napoli then lost and I then lost 1-0 to Napoli away, at which point Napoli were 5 points clear at the top. I thought it may go down to the wire, but we ended up comfortably retaining the title for the 4th time in a row.
View attachment 450561
View attachment 450562That is the worst my defence has been in a few years, conceding 20 goals, but my attack was on form this year thankfully.

I also won the Italian Cup demolishing Torino 5-0.View attachment 450560

But, most importantly I finally had success in Europe, winning the Champions League 1-0 against Man City in the final. En route we beat Madrid in both semi final legs, beat Villareal in the QF and beat Porto in the knockouts. Also topped my group with 15 points with Madrid (lost 1-0 away with 10 men), Monaco and Galatasaray in it.
View attachment 450558View attachment 450557

Hi ******, what is better of this scout?
Tactical knowledge 18 judjing ability 18 potenzial 20
Tactical knowledge 16 judjing ability 20 potenzial 20

And what are the key attributes for a good assistant manager?

Hi ******, what is better of this scout?
Tactical knowledge 18 judjing ability 18 potenzial 20
Tactical knowledge 16 judjing ability 20 potenzial 20

And what are the key attributes for a good assistant manager?
First one.

I look for man management, motivation, tactical knowledge, judging ability + potential, discipline (in that order roughly)

Ok thank you, for the scout, the primary attributes is tactical knowledge?

Hi w4nker. Which of the three is the most up-to-date? First, middle of last download? Thanks.
The tactics pack is the newest thing but of those these single tactics the 4141v2 is the newest

Trying out a slight tweak on the Injury Crisis challenge with Spurs. Seems to be working well so will post soon.

Some tactics like the 4-2-2-2 seem to be quite hit and miss on 14.1.4

Scout recommended it at home to Norwich and away to Man City.

Lost 0-3 to Norwich but beat City 5-1 :S