So just started a new career with Vitesse using this tactic. In my first season I've won the league and the dutch cup.
View attachment 457436

Still struggling in Europe though, went through groups but lost in first knock-out round to Lazio. Really don't know why Europe is causing me so much trouble.

Try switching to counter. I use it when in the lead and it hits teams on the break late in the game so maybe it could be a good starting point against bigger teams.

Other than that I haven't really tweaked the tactic too much. On FM14 so far I have noticed that most tactic set ups work well but to outgun the big teams requires luck and eventually signing better and better players in the long run
I think I may have solved the problem....I took over the teams general and pre match training sessions. Using team cohesion at average...and teamwork for pre match training. Beat Celtic twice and went on a pretty good run. Might just be temporary thing...see how next season works out. Won the cup and finished second in the league.

I think I may have solved the problem....I took over the teams general and pre match training sessions. Using team cohesion at average...and teamwork for pre match training. Beat Celtic twice and went on a pretty good run. Might just be temporary thing...see how next season works out. Won the cup and finished second in the league.
I keep it on team cohesion all year. Anytime I change to something else the results drop...may be a bug or team cohesion is overpowered

W4nker do you use drf pos or att mov,or could you upload a ss of you traing schedule please

Last edited:
I honestly don't know what to do about Europe. Can't get any results away from home. Tried counter, contain, defence, control. Nothing makes a difference. *sigh*

451 V2 is incredible, took over Rochdale and survived relegation. Was then favourites for the drop again the next season and pulled this off!! Training i used Balanced High & Attacking Movement. Pogba was a beast all season & Jody Morris of all people still put in a great shift all season playing as DLP. Still got 4 games left in the league already won promotion & just beat Peteborough in J.P Trophy!
View attachment 456404View attachment 456403View attachment 456402

So after a disappointing second season with Vitesse, finishing second to a dominant Ajax I resigned and looked for a new venture. After failing to get a job in Spain I got a call up to manage the Australian National team. I employed the tactic and this was one of the results: View attachment 456401

Then saw an opportunity with Dijon at the end of December so I decided to take it.

View attachment 456400

Went undefeated under my management in the league and only lost one match which was in penalties to Toulouse in the semi final of the French cup. Won the league and I'm now looking to take on the French Ligue 1. If after another year or 2 I'm still struggling in Europe I may give in and just try with a big team since winning the CL is one of my goals.

I honestly don't know what to do about Europe. Can't get any results away from home. Tried counter, contain, defence, control. Nothing makes a difference. *sigh*

W4nker do you use drf pos or att mov,or could you upload a ss of you traing schedule please

****** Waht can i do ? I didnt win any match away from home with celta

Are you still using this tactic w4nker

Yes, I'm still using this tactic. No match prep as I play FMC and they have got rid of it in this years which i'm thrilled about.

Anyway, I've noticed that v2 works well as an underdog team. If you check my Global Explosion career I've used v2 for most of it but I've been an underdog team most of the time.

I'd say to anyone struggling then tweak the tactic. This was the literally the first set of team instructions I put together in the BETA so there is definitely room for improvement, It's been working for me (v2 + switch to counter) so I havent needed to change it.

Otherwise I suggest trying Kun's Tika Taka. I tried it for a year with San Marino and its worked very well so give it a go.

I'm not a tactician. As long as you find a tactic that works, mine or not, then great.

Last edited:

****** Waht can i do ? I didnt win any match away from home with celta

So after a disappointing second season with Vitesse, finishing second to a dominant Ajax I resigned and looked for a new venture. After failing to get a job in Spain I got a call up to manage the Australian National team. I employed the tactic and this was one of the results: View attachment 415238

Then saw an opportunity with Dijon at the end of December so I decided to take it.

View attachment 415240

Went undefeated under my management in the league and only lost one match which was in penalties to Toulouse in the semi final of the French cup. Won the league and I'm now looking to take on the French Ligue 1. If after another year or 2 I'm still struggling in Europe I may give in and just try with a big team since winning the CL is one of my goals.
Don't be afraid to switch roles/positions.

I used the same team instructions as 4141v2 but changed the formation based on scout reports and won the league and champions league with Ajax.

If the scout said team 'x' weakest formations was a 4-1-2-2-1 then I pushed the MR/L to AMR/L etc

I have been doing this on my long term save: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...cs/142834-w4nkers-tactics-12.html#post1887582

I've tweaked the 4141v2 into several different formations like a 4222, 41221, 442 etc.

And I hire a good scout and look at his scout report on the next opposition and select a formation that focuses on their vulnerability.

View attachment 453142
So I played the 4222 (tweaked from the 4141v2)

View attachment 453143

The next opponents also happened to be vulnerable to a 4222 so for once I kept the same formation for 2 games in a row..

View attachment 453145
End up with about 50 of these messages a season now
:p

View attachment 453137
I will test this theory out on a new save first season with a more familiar team (won league and Champions League double using this method with Ajax - see link above).

If successful I will upload the tactics pack

Another example:

South China were my bogey team to begin with, ripping me to shreds. So before a League Cup final I listens to the scout report.

They struggle against a 41212 (aka a Diamond). So i tweak the 4141v2 into a Diamond formation.

Look at the recent past meetings and the last match:

View attachment 453118
View attachment 453119

nice, am happy that am playing FMC too, so i'll can use ur idea and tactics without any problem with tactic gel :).