Changing to a False 9 worked well for Rooney and Welbeck, maybe try that?

For Asm Fc (monaco league 1 at france), i take V1 or V2? And what 11 type?

I'll try. Is there any players you would recommend for this strategy in particular? I just got given a budget of 27 million for the upcoming season.

I'll try. Is there any players you would recommend for this strategy in particular? I just got given a budget of 27 million for the upcoming season.
I stuck as close to the attributes for a complete forward as I could. Think Benteke, Lukaku

I must say, when the striker links up with the bbm, apm and the left full back its just lovely football to watch.

Tactic isn't fully fluid yet but just noting down a few changes i might make when it is. I'm Thinking about changing the left striker to "shoot less often", getting both my wingers to "roam from position " and add the team instruction to "pass into space". Also debating whether i should ask my striker to "move into channels". Effectively just really trying to create those unstoppable triangles the midfielders, strikers and full back are making and have them happening all over the pitch. Not sure if it'll work though but ill try

Hey Bud,

You using the 442 or the 451 v2?

v1 I think

I made a tweak of Mr Langs tactics.

I don't use shouts either. The new system seems easier to get a suitable tactic for each team but I'm sure MrL and others will find one tactic for most teams.

Wow! thats great news! Maybe I shouldn't be so anti shout but I just never liked them on past FM's and wasnt looking forward to using them on FM14 when I get it. Any plans for you and the very busy Mr Lang to open up another big thread like fm13. The thread was utterly superb!

Finished the season with PSV. Won the league 11 points clear, won the dutch cup. Had a good european cup but Romero let me down and got sent off in the second leg against Galatasaray in the quarter final after drawing 1 - 1 away. The part was we knocked out Bayern in the second round (possibly one of the top 3 sides in the game) and qualified from a group stage with PSG and Arsenal in.

My normal starting 11

GK - Zoet
LB - Willems
DC - Bruma
DC - Belanta
RB - Manolev/Vrsaljko Bought Vrsaljko in the January window and sold Manolev
DLP - Romero
BBM - Hiljemark
AP - Maher
ML - Bakkali / Depay
MR - Allione
CF - Vietto

Vietto was the star man scoring 48 goals in all competitions which is not bad at all for a 19 year old in his first season.

Going into my second season now made 3 very good signings in Stegen, Umtiti and Hughes to fill in the positions i thought were weak for me last year.

So yeah this tactic has worked wonders for me in my first season good job W4nker on the tactic (4141 V2).

Last edited:
Iam Everton 1. season bought alot new players.
have played 21 matches, and iam number 1.
21- 14w-3d-4L with 45points
Funny best rated player Shawcross with 7.18,
my 2 attackers Damaio and timo werner can not score goals 9M-2G and werner 15M-7G

Hi playing as United top of league out of COC and bottom of group in CL. My problem is im struggling to score Rooney is 2 gls in 7, RVP is 1 gl in 3 and Wellbeck is 0 gls in 3. Have got match prep on attacking movement and tactic is fully fluid, any help would be great please.

My starting 11 is

De Gea
Rafael
Vidic
Ferdienand
J. Silva

Carrick

Valencia
Verratti
Fellaini
Kagawa who is top scorer

Rooney.

They was thinking the fixed but its still broken. Check SI 'bugs' forum ...

For Monaco, i buy lukaku/benteke/varane/romero, and same results
Tactic don't know before november -_-"
And ofc lose/draw
With Psg, Mu, Everton, easy win all time but monaco 0time win first year the league 1.
Have you a advice?

UPDATE

What I have been doing recently to great effect is switching to Counter when

1) Winning by one goal or more after 70 minutes
2) Winning by two goals or more after half time.

Whilst you won't dominate the game as before you will often score a goal or two more on the counter as the opposition try to get back in the game.

I find I'm conceding from most shots on target anyway. If the opposition have 1,2,3 shots it tends to lead to 1,2 or 3 goals whilst I'm hitting 10+ shots on target and getting 1-4 goals.

So my thinking was that I was probably going to concede if I keep it on Attacking anyway so may as well use Counter and get one or two more goals myself

Last edited:
View attachment 460385

My next match was a good example.

Starting with Attacking I lead 2-0 at half time so I change to Counter.

Backfires slightly as we concede straight from kick off.

Switch back to Attacking.

Still 2-1 at 70 minutes so switch to Counter.

We score 3 quick goals as the opposition try to get back into the game.

Superb work chap! Keep it up. Is it still very much plug & playable?

Superb work chap! Keep it up. Is it still very much plug & playable?
To a degree yes. I still look at individual settings from time to time. For example its dangerous to have a winger with poor tackling and high aggression marking tight or getting stuck in.

Ran an experiment on an Ajax save where I tried to adapt my tactics based on the oppositions weaknesses.

Using the overall team settings from the 451 v2 I tweaked the formation based on the scout report of the opponents most vulnerbale formation:

View attachment 460038

And a list of the tactics I had to face most opponents set ups:

View attachment 460037

Doing this I won the league and the Champions League

View attachment 460039

Could be an interesting new way to play FM. Though this won't work on the full game as you are restricted to 3 tactics. On FMC there is no 'penalty' for changing tactics - ie there is no tactic familiarity.

Last edited: