Hi ******, how do you set match preparation in normal mode?

Hi ******, how do you set match preparation in normal mode?
Haven't played normal mode yet to any great extent but on FM13 I always went Balanced High 30% Attacking Movement

Just finished my 3rd season with atalanta using this tactic. Finished 5th first year. Finished 4th second year and won the Italian Cup, but didn't make it out of group stage in Europa. Third season we won the title. Pld 38, W 25, D 9, L 4. Scored 83 and conceded 37, thus finishing on 84 points with a goal difference of +46. Got out of group stages this time, but lost in first knockout round to Sporting. This tactic has really worked wonders considering the sub par team I have, hoping to continue to strengthen the team this summer.

if i push the wingers higher up will it ruin the defensive order in 4-5-1? have lots of wingers and only 1 proper ML

Last edited:
if i push the wingers higher up will it ruin the defensive order in 4-5-1? have lots of wingers and only 1 proper ML
I would just retrain them to ML or MR. Seems a struggle to get AML and AMRs to defend properly.

Or ingame set the AML/AMR to man mark the opposition wingers

Would it be possible for you to re-upload the 451 v2 ?

When I try to load it up into my game I get a window saying that "The file could not be loaded"

Great tactic w4nker. I've not played fm for a long time (2011), and this was the fifth tactic I've tried. Works really well most times. I'm playing as St Mirren (spfl) and with a pretty basic squad and budget, and we are challenging Celtic in the league. So here is the point where I need some help if you can. When we play Celtic we get battered 3/4-nil home and away pretty much. I read in this post that people find it brilliant against better clubs....I'm finding that not to be the case at all. I've tried match prep in defensive and and attacking movement...then tried to change from attacking style play in match to standard...etc any ideas or guidance on how to beat vastly superior teams? Ps athletico Madrid just pasted us four one at home. Using 451 v2 (changed complete forward support to deep lying playmaker support)

Great tactic w4nker. I've not played fm for a long time (2011), and this was the fifth tactic I've tried. Works really well most times. I'm playing as St Mirren (spfl) and with a pretty basic squad and budget, and we are challenging Celtic in the league. So here is the point where I need some help if you can. When we play Celtic we get battered 3/4-nil home and away pretty much. I read in this post that people find it brilliant against better clubs....I'm finding that not to be the case at all. I've tried match prep in defensive and and attacking movement...then tried to change from attacking style play in match to standard...etc any ideas or guidance on how to beat vastly superior teams? Ps athletico Madrid just pasted us four one at home. Using 451 v2 (changed complete forward support to deep lying playmaker support)
Try switching to counter. I use it when in the lead and it hits teams on the break late in the game so maybe it could be a good starting point against bigger teams.

Other than that I haven't really tweaked the tactic too much. On FM14 so far I have noticed that most tactic set ups work well but to outgun the big teams requires luck and eventually signing better and better players in the long run

Hi ****** you take always attacking mentality in the away games?

So I was playing my 4th season with Atalanta after winning Seria A the year before. Had 4 games to go and had already secured the Seria A title with 80 something points. I had only lost 1 game all season (quite early on away at Napoli, so the dream of invincibility was never alive) and had only conceded 15 goals. My striker also set a club record for highest scoring amount in one season. I was in the final of the Italian Cup (hadn't played yet) and won the Super Cup at the start. I am still struggling in Europe though, got through a tough group finishing second to Chelsea with Valencia and Shalke also in the group. I won all the home fixtures and lost all the away ones. I then beat Man City 1-0 in the home leg, but lost 4-2 in the second leg. So away in Europe has been a real problem. Then whilst I was playing Pescara my laptop crashed and is now not working so I don't have the save file (which sucks). Nonetheless, this is an awesome tactic and I will start a new career with a different team if my laptop is done for good, any suggestions on teams to use this with?

Hi ****** you take always attacking mentality in the away games?
Yes I'll start with attacking and switch to counter if/when I am winning

****** should I use Opposition Instructions?
You can try it maybe but I don't use them.

So I was playing my 4th season with Atalanta after winning Seria A the year before. Had 4 games to go and had already secured the Seria A title with 80 something points. I had only lost 1 game all season (quite early on away at Napoli, so the dream of invincibility was never alive) and had only conceded 15 goals. My striker also set a club record for highest scoring amount in one season. I was in the final of the Italian Cup (hadn't played yet) and won the Super Cup at the start. I am still struggling in Europe though, got through a tough group finishing second to Chelsea with Valencia and Shalke also in the group. I won all the home fixtures and lost all the away ones. I then beat Man City 1-0 in the home leg, but lost 4-2 in the second leg. So away in Europe has been a real problem. Then whilst I was playing Pescara my laptop crashed and is now not working so I don't have the save file (which sucks). Nonetheless, this is an awesome tactic and I will start a new career with a different team if my laptop is done for good, any suggestions on teams to use this with?
Any team with good wingers should work.

Ty. Also any suggestions on how to improve in Europe in away games? It happened the year before to in the Europa League.

I noticed that the tactic is not too stable. Any tweak to improve its stability and scoring?