For V3, defensively is really really leaky. Attack is superb, but defensively they just expose the wingbacks to keep crossing and crossing. 95% of my goals conceded is through crosses

And first half of my match
View attachment 1093859

I agree with that, I am going to run the same season with the old warlord tactic and see the differences. Sacked by January is a joke. Might work for the better teams but west ham for sure can't use vortex v2 or v3 (unless I am missing something).

Also noticed I have at least one game a season conceding 6 or 7 and always to teams that have fast strikers and play counter attack. I assume it's the high line and offside trap not working for average prem players.

Last edited:
View attachment 113854

This is the table after a season with warlord. Although i'm not top, I have a positive GD and have finished 7th, which is respectable for a team like west ham.

I have scored less but also conceded far less (by almost 25 goals). Would like to hear your opinions, especially you TFF, on these findings?

Hi Tzahy,

Could I see your transfers to date?

06c15-5fc1074c-b986-4e8e-9f4f-32d11ec9b10d.png

06c15-9b20546f-0a38-4c2b-a997-aef19d5772bd.png

06c15-badc0464-dad7-4e29-b301-a23414e054a6.png

VORTEX TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V4

Guys, I'm observing a solid performance boost with V4 so I suggest that you don't miss this update

CHANGES:

- tweaked the team width settings

- tweaked the dribbling settings of DL position

VORTEX TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V5

(Guys, I find that these tweaks are very important, they significantly improve the balance between the attack and defense in the tactic)

CHANGES:

- tweaked the D-Line

- tweaked the closing down settings of DL/DR/AMC/AML/AMR/STC positions

P.S. V5 has got the best balance between the attack and defense that I've managed to achieve in this tactic.

Last edited:
Can't wait to upload v5 today when I get home. Was have consistency troubles with v3 after good success with v2.

I remember that TFF has answered that question many times :) I'll try to look for his answers and if I find it then I'll PM you a link...

OK thanks , ill wait for it then, i could not find it. If anyone else knows..please bem kind to share :)

Guys, here are updated STC/AMC/AML/AMR/DCL/DCR filters for VORTEX V2
Filters for other positions are the same as for the previous versions.

AMC

AMC_Vortex_V2.png

DCL // DCR

DCL_DCR_Vortex_V2.png

STC

Vortex_STC.png

AML

Vortex_AML.png

AMR

Vortex_AMR.png

Has anyone updated the filters? And could you please upload?

Guys, I've updated the OP and edited the information about who should take the corners: AML/AMR/MCR/MCL positions should take the corners.

Last edited:

VORTEX TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V6

Also, the waste time tactic has been updated too.

Guys, I've redesigned the configuration of the central midfield and changed AMC/MCL/MCR to MCL/MCR/DM. The roles/duties/PIs were tweaked.

The new configuration further improves the tactic's performance.

Vortex_V6_Formation.png

You still practice the same training program in the season ?
View attachment 1094049

Yes

Last edited:
Used Warlord and Vortex from the start, won two Premierships, and going very strong in the third season, but wasn't happy with my AMC's. (Asensio, Hazard, Coutinho, depending on injuries, rotation, etc...) CM(d) also bad ratings throughout the seasons. This system will bring much better ratings for all midfielders, that I'm sure, but will this be offensively weaker? Although this brings more space for IF's to roam into hearts of defence (where AMC would usually be).
View attachment 113685

Last edited: