Wasted Talent

Harry Kewell he would have been a very good player had it not been for injury.

Soon Mario Ballotelli unless he pulls his head in.

freddy adu? The next big thing and now is wasting away somewhere in portugal.

A well known secret that is actually an internet rumour.

FIFA has sanctioned the use of mobile MRI bone scanners to accurately determine the age of players. Many players were refused registration for the Nigerian U-17 team last year because they were too old, some by as much as 8 years.

I can't see a club like Benfica giving him a contract without accurately determining his age.

Nigeria take the **** with that though. There is no way Kanu is 34 - he's 38, minimum. Same with Obafemi Martins, he's got to be at least 30...

Anyway, another suggestion; Jody Morris. People who trained with him in the Chelsea youth team said he was "frighteningly good" but his career just never went anywhere.

What so all nigerians lie about their age?

A lot of the time no-one really has a clue how old they are. You have to remember that as a whole the continent of Africa is only getting their administartion in order in recent times. Nigeria as a whole was pretty unstable in the 70's and 80's so record keeping is suspect. And bear in mind some of the African players are born in remote isolated areas so sometimes they just don't get recorded.

Anyways back to the topic. Francis Jeffers should've of been better than how he turned out. This is pretty much how far his star has fallen

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/1029319/Jets-snap-up-Jeffers-for-10-games

The A-League-if I'd have to compare the standard of league to a European league it'd probably be League 2 at best.

I also think the call on Kewell is a touch harsh-1/2 a dozen fantastic seasons at Leeds, one good one at Liverpool and still pretty good at a big club in Turkey which despite what some might say is still a decent standard league.

Last edited:
wasted talents probably don't get worse than Freddy Adu and Arturo Lupoli. Both had promise, but their development was shocking

Michael Johnson? Haven't seen him in a while.

Injuries haven plagued his career.

Oh, and Joey Barton.

I wouldn't call Joey Barton wasted talent, sure he burned a cigarette in a teammate's eye (to be fair, said teammate was trying to set his shirt on fire), beat up another teammate, flashed his *** at Everton supporters (to be fair, he was being abused by said supporters), got jailed for six months, called Alan Shearer a **** manager. He continues to be first team for Newcastle, but as we all know about Newcastle.....

It is quite well known, the reasoning is that when he moved to America with his mum his mum regestered him younger then he was so he would go into school at a younger year and that will give him time to learn the language. I recomend you to find some blogs written by Shaun Wheelock if you need any persuading.
It's not true you silly person.

If there was even the slightest evidence of this, it'd be a major scoop. As it is, it's up there with 9/11 conspiracies and Jamie-Lee Curtis being a hermaphrodite. Bull.

shola ameobi because of the injuries which have plagued him

My list:
Antonio Cassano - "He's an incredible talent, I've never seen one like him." Raul Gonzalez
Fernando Carlos Neri Redondo
Marco van Basten
Alvaro Recoba
Gazza Gascoine
Adrian Mutu
Juan Carlos Valeron
Denilson
Adriano
Stefano Fiore
Fabrizio Miccoli
Jorge Andrade
Claudio Caniggia
Ricardo Quaresma
Zvonimir Boban
Fabrizio Ravanelli

Last edited:
Lucas Leiva- I am sure he would have been an excellent attacking midfielder but Benitez chose for him to sit and although I must say he has adapted well I am sure he could have been a much better player.

How Nii Lamptey isn't on there, I'll never know.

Ian Durrant, He was a hero of mine whilst growing up.. Would really have turned out an awesome player if it was not for one shocker of a tackle:'(

The A-League-if I'd have to compare the standard of league to a European league it'd probably be League 2 at best. - Firstly that it not true i would compare it to the lower sides of the Spanish Second Division.

I also think the call on Kewell is a touch harsh-1/2 a dozen fantastic seasons at Leeds, one good one at Liverpool and still pretty good at a big club in Turkey which despite what some might say is still a decent standard league. - I was saying that without injury he probably could have been world class.

Jackson. Moved from Chelsea to Wycomb

Last edited: