We Attack With Fire And Ice - A Knattspyrnuf?lag Reykjav?kur Story

View attachment 421565

Europa League Campaign

We lost 2-1 to Inter Milan in our first group game (shown in the September Update)
Here's how our other 5 group games went.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-1 SC Heernveen (Europa League Group J)
View attachment 421564
A very good performance and result against a very strong Dutch team.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Atromitos (Europa League Group J)
View attachment 421563
A win is what I expected from this game, and a win is what we got. A good performance here.

Atromitos 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League Group J)
View attachment 421562
We needed to do the double over 'Atromitos' to stand a chance of finishing 2nd. We have a chance after this victory.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-1 Inter Milan (Europa League Group J)
View attachment 421562
Inter were just too strong for us. We lose the game via an own goal, but to be fair Inter deserved to win.

SC Heernveen 3-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League Group J)
View attachment 421561
An appalling performance here. We started of woefully with 'Hugo Fernandez' scoring an own goal for the 2nd game running, and conceded another only a few minutes later. We had a man advantage for about 70 minutes of the game yet still lost 3-0.

Europa League Group J Table

View attachment 421560
We finish 3rd, 1 point behind 2nd placed 'SC Heernveen'. I had hoped to finish 2nd and make the knockout rounds, but unfortunately it didn't happen. Still, i'm content with our overall performances in the group.

What To Expect In The Next Update
A preview of the upcoming season.

Last edited:
View attachment 420623

Pre-Season
A short pre-season. Only 3 friendly games played
I gave the players a longer break as they seemed very tired by the end of last season.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Volsunger 1-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Selfoss 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Thor Akureyri 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Players In

View attachment 420617
We bring in midfielder 'Christian Johansson' for a fee of ?350K which matches the record fee we paid for 'Mathias Svensson' 2 years ago. I have very high hopes for this player.

View attachment 420616
Our other signing so far is 'Sevinn Eliasson' on a free transfer.

Transfer Center

View attachment 420615
Gudmunder Reynir Gunnarsson retired and left the club and plans to be a future assistant manager.
Gary Martin retired and decided not to stay in football.
A couple of fringe players leave & a couple of youngsters go on loan.
Record Signing 'Mathias Svensson' leaves for German side 'Augsburg' for a fee of ?1.4M. The striker was very inconsistent and ended up becoming a rotational player instead of the star he should have been.

Finances

View attachment 420613 View attachment 420612
Our finances are only OK at the moment and we have a lot of loan debt now. More than half of the loan debt is money taken out for our new stadium 'Curtisson Park' which we will move into at the end of next season. I would really like to clear this debt before we move in but that is probably unrealistic. Either way I'd like the debt gone soon & if we are miles ahead in the league & make the Champions League group stage then I might sell off 2 or 3 of my star players in August to help remove the debt.

Will we get off to a good start in the Upper League cup?

May I ask how much it took you in both time and money to turn professional?

May I ask how much it took you in both time and money to turn professional?

We went professional in November 2016. I can't remember exactly how much money it took though. I remember as soon as we went professional we took out a a fairly small loan to upgrade the youth facillities, and a much larger loan to expand the KR-Vollur.

We went professional in November 2016. I can't remember exactly how much money it took though. I remember as soon as we went professional we took out a a fairly small loan to upgrade the youth facillities, and a much larger loan to expand the KR-Vollur.

Thanks!

View attachment 420311

February
Perfect start to the upper league cup.
Goals galore for us.

February Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 8-0 IBV Vestmannaeyjar (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 420310
What a performance. We record an amazing 8-0 win over our first division opponents. A perfect start to the upper league cup.

Fimleikafelag Hafnarjardar 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 420309
A good performance against our rivals, who somehow are still in the 'First Division'. We were especially good defensively as we didn't let them even register a shot on goal.

Upper League Cup Group A Table

View attachment 420308
No complaints about the way things have started. 2 games played, 2 wins recorded, 11 goals scored & none conceded.

4 games in the upper league cup, and I expect to win all of them.

View attachment 419626

March
We win all 4 games as expected.
We don't concede any goals which is very impressive.

March Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-0 Ithrottabandalag Akraness (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 419624
A really good performance. New striker 'Sveinn Eliasson' scores a hat-trick.

Vikingur R. 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 419622
A good performance and an easy win as expected. 'Ryan Arce' scored 2 goals from the penalty spot.

Vikingur O. 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 419620
A good performance and we record an expected 3-0 win.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Keflavik (Upper League Cup group Stage)
View attachment 419619
We were given a tough match by Keflavik, but our better finishing gave us the 3 points.

Upper League Cup Group A Table

View attachment 419618
We are through to the knockout stages with a game to spare. We haven't conceded a goal yet, and have scored 25 in only 6 games.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 419617
New striker 'Sevinn Eliasson' was our best player this month, scoring 6 goals.

Do we win the upper league cup?
We bring in a few new players.

View attachment 419600

April
We win the upper league cup.
3 new signings are made.

April Fixtures

Thor Akureyri 0-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 419593
A great performance to end the group stages as we smash our first division opponents 6-0. One of our new signings 'Mikkel Lindholm' scores on his debut.

View attachment 419592
A perfect group for us. We won every game, scored 31 goals & didn't even concede a goal.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Breidablik (Upper League Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 419591
We were fairly dominant, but struggled to find the net. Central defender 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' scored the only goal of the match to put us in the semi-finals.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Valur (Upper League Cup Semi-Finals)
View attachment 419590
A very good performance & result as we make it to the finals. We had the perfect start as a 'Valur' defender scored an own goal :).

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Keflavik (Upper League Cup Final)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 419589
A great performance in the finals. 3 goals in the first 13 minutes set us up for a surprisingly very easy victory. Left Back 'Hugh Fernandez' managed to get 2 goals.
**It was an amazing upper league cup competition as we won every game, scored 39 goals and didn't concede any**

Player Of The Month

View attachment 419588
Grimur Bjorn Atlason was our best player this month. All our defenders had a very good month so it was a tough choice.

Transfer Center

View attachment 419587
Our first signing of the month was striker 'Sigurdur Saeburg Juliusson' who comes in on a free transfer. He will be a backup striker.

View attachment 419586
Our 2nd signing is right-back Mikkel Lindholm (who scored on his debut). He comes in for a fee of just under ?9k from Finnish side FC Inter. He will be used mainly as a backup/ rotation player.

View attachment 419585
Our final signing was defender 'Timo Nyman' comes in for a fee of ?85K. He's also from Finnish side FC Inter. Capable of playing either central defense of left-back he will be used as cover for both positions.

Will we win the Icelandic Champions Cup?
Will our premier league campaign get off to a good start?
How long will it be before we concede a goal?

View attachment 419096

May
Another brilliant month.
We win the Icelandic Champions Cup.
We do finally concede a goal. It was going to happen sooner than later.
May Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-1 Fjardabyggd (Icelandic Champions Cup)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 419095
A quality performance. To be honest we probably won't ever get an easier 'Icelandic Champions cup' tie as 'Fjardabyggd' are a second division side. Either way scoring six goals whoever it's against is impressive.

Knattspyrnufelag Akureyrar 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 419094
A brilliant performance to start our premier league campaign. We score 3 goals in the first 12 minutes to help us on our way to an easy victory.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Fjolnir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 419093
A very good performance, even though we wen't behind after 17 minutes. Our opponents scored against the run of play, and I was never worried when we were behind.

Keflavik 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 419092
A great performance. We were so dominant against a Keflavik side who are not very bad at all. 'Ryan Arce' scored his 3rd goal from the penalty spot in the last 3 matches.

Vikingur O. 0-7 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 419091
Another brilliant performance as we put 7 past 'Vikingur O'. Right-back 'Mikkel Lindholm managed to grab a hat-trick & 'Ryan Arce' scored yet another goal from the penalty spot.

Icelandic Premier League Table

View attachment 419090
4 games into the season and we are 2 points clear at the top, and already have an amazing goal difference.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 419089
Central midfielder 'Ryan Arce' was our best player this month scoring 5 goals in the league in just 4 games. He kept his composure to score 4 of those goals from the penalty spot.

Will our brilliant form continue?

View attachment 418495

June
We continue to play very well.
Interest in some of my key players is rising.

June Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Breidablik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 418493
A very good performance sees us run out 3-0 winners against a decent side.

Sindri 1-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 3rd Round)
View attachment 418491
An easy victory as expected against minnows 'Sindri'.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Haukar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 418490
A comfortable 2-0 win against Haukar.

Fylkir 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 418489
We only manage a 1-0 victory against 'Fylkir' who are not really that good. We do seem to struggle against them for some reason.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Valur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 418488
A brilliant hat-trick from 'Indridi Thorlaksson' gives us a very good win against 'Valur'.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-0 Handknattleiksfelag Kopavogs (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 418487
A brilliant performance in the first half, as we score all 5 goals before the half time break. We just relaxed in the second half knowing the job was done.

View attachment 418486
We are 5 points clear at the top of the league after 9 games played.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 418485
Indridi Thorlaksson was our best player this month. The midfielder scored 4 goals this month and his performances have been of a very high quality.

With a lot of interest in some of my players will anyone be leaving?

View attachment 418187

July

A very disappointing month.
Were out of the Icelandic Cup at an early stage for the 2nd season running.
Looks like were out of Europa and won't reach the group stage of any continental competition.
2 players leave, and 1 of them is for an unbelievable amount of money.

July Fixtures

Fram 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 418185
A decent performance here. We got a 2-0 win which I had expected.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Knattspyrnufelag Akureyrar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 418184
A decent performance against 'KA' who are bottom of the table.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Dila (Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 418181
A very good performance in the first leg. The tie is pretty much over now, and I can rotate my squad in the second leg.

Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur 2-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 4th Round)
View attachment 418180
What The ****?!?! I lost to a first division side?!?! A FIRST DIVISION SIDE!!!!!!!!!! That's me out of the Icelandic Cup. This is probably the worst performance since 2018, and that was about 7 years ago.

Dila 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
We win 9-0 on aggregate.
View attachment 418179
At least we bounced back from our awful previous game. We win 9-0 on aggregate and go through to the next champions league qualifying round.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Stjarnan (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 418177
A good performance as we beat a decent side 2-0. Stjarnan are 1 of the 3 sides who have been in & stayed the 'Premier League' since the start of this save. The other 2 teams are us & Valur.

Grasshoppers 4-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 418176
What a farce! I don't know how I'm going to turn this around in the 2nd leg, but I need to. I don't know how we managed to play this badly. Were my players payed for f**k up?

Icelandic Premier League

View attachment 418175
We still haven't dropped any points in the league. Our awful performances have come in other competitions.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 418174
No one played particularly well but 'Juan Manuel Paredes' was probably our best performer this month.

Transfer Center

View attachment 418172
We lose 2 players to new moneybags 'Las Palmas'. They were taken over by some billionaire at the end of last year (November I think it was). 'Vigfus Einarsson' who has been poor for the last 18 months leaves for ?190K. The striker is 28 now, but if he gets his form back and plays how he used to play for us, they have got a bargain buy.

The 2nd player we lost to the Spanish side is 'Hugo Fernandez' for an amazing fee of ?7.75M. The left-back was wanted by about 20 clubs, so I offered him to clubs for a fee which I didn't think anyone would pay, but 'Las Palmas' wanted him so badly and paid the full amount up front. Even though 'Hugo' has the potential to be world class, there's no way I was going to refuse to sell for that kind of money, especially as his value was only ?80K.

Both Vigfus Einarson & Hugo Fernandez are mow on massive wages at their new club.

View attachment 418171 View attachment 418170
Vigfus Einarsson now earns ?30KPW and Hugo Fernandez now earns ?60KPW. Both their weekly wages is more than what my whole squad's weekly wages amounts to. My whole squads weekly wages is ?84KPW.

Will it be a better month for us?
Will our youth intake be good for a change?

View attachment 417778

August

Not a bad month.
Not a bad youth intake either.

August Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Grasshoppers (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
We win 5-4 on aggregate.
View attachment 417772
I can't believe we managed to turn this around. 4-1 down in the first leg it was looking almost impossible, but with our best performance this season, we have managed it.

Breidablik 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 417768
We were unlucky to draw, as Breidablik scored from a penalty which really should not have been given.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Keflavik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 417764
A lack of discipline from Keflavik helped us out, as we ended up having a 2 man advantage by the end of the first half. We were always going to win by a good margin after that.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Malmo FF (Champions League Playoff Round / First Leg)
View attachment 417761
We were not that good out there today, and it took a piece of magic from 'Indridi Thorlaksson' to win the game for us. I don't know if a 1-0 lead will be good enough going into the 2nd leg.

Haukar 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 417758
We performed OK against a Haukar side who were playing with 10 men for the majority of the game.

Malmo FF 1-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Playoff Round / Second Leg)
Aggregate score was 1-1. Malmo FF win 12-11 on penalty's.
View attachment 417757
A poor performance as we fail to even create a good chance. We conceded via an own goal which annoyed me. When it went to penalty's I knew we would lose as always..... I don't know if there's a bug with penalty's or not, but I haven't won a shootout in yet in FM14.

Valur 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 417755
A good performance here, we created some very good chances and took some of them to record a deserved 3-1 win. The title is almost ours now, and we still have another month of the season left.

View attachment 417754
If we win our next game, against 'Fjolnir' we will confirm that we have won the title, and we will still have 5 games left to spare.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 417751
'Indridi Thorlaksson' was our best player this month.

Europa League Group Draw

View attachment 417750 View attachment 417778 View attachment 417749 View attachment 417748
VFL Wolfsburg.........Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur........Petrolul..........Ferencvaros

We were drawn as 2nd seeds this year, and I expect us to achieve 2nd place in this group. 'Wolfsburg' are clearly the strongest team in the group and I expect them to win this group easily but we are slightly better than 'Petrolul' and alot better than Ferencvaros. If we fail to get out of this group i'll be very annoyed.

Youth Intake

View attachment 417747 View attachment 417746
An Ok youth intake this year, with these 2 youngsters being our best prospects. I don't know if these 2 will be good enough for the first team in future, but they definitely have enough potential to become backup players.

The league is pretty much ours, so how many points will we win the league by?

View attachment 417571

September
A very good month.
The league was very easy to win. Valur usually put up a decent fight but not this year.
We win our first game in this years Europa League group stage.

September Fixtures

Fjolnir 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 417570
With our 2-0 win over Fjolnir we have confirmed the title is ours, with 5 games remaining.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Vikingur O (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 417569
A good performance sees us run out 3-0 winners here.

Handknattleiksdelag Kopavogs 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 417568
A good performance here as we win 3-0.

Ferencvaros 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League Group A)
View attachment 417567
We were poor until our opponents scored via the penalty spot. Their goal sparked us into life and we dominated the rest of the game to win 3-1.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Fram (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 417566
Not a great performance, but we done what we needed to win the game.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Fylkir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 417565
We always struggle against 'Fylkir' for some reason, so it's not a surprise we only recorded a 1-0 win. The main thing is we won.

Stjarnan 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 417563
A good performance to end the season. We win the game comfortably and our opponents don't even manage to take a shot.

View attachment 417562
We break the points total of 62 which we had achieved a few season's ago. We recorded 64 points this year, meaning we only dropped 2 points all season.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 417561
Indridi Thorlaksson was our best player this month, and has been very good all season.

A review of this season, which was a pretty good one.

View attachment 417068

Season Review
A fairly good season overall.
We win the league by a record number of points and do the treble.
It was a bit frustrating not to make the champions league group stage, but Europa league football isn't bad.

Stats

View attachment 417067
Our top league goal scorer was midfielder 'Ryan Arce'. None of my strikers got more than 7 league goals, mainly due to each one being injured at some point of the season.
Indridi Thorlaksson was the best rated player over the league campaign.
Juan Manuel Paredes had 10 assists, which was the 2nd highest in the league.

Fair Play Award

View attachment 417066
We were the 2nd fairest team in the league this year.

Team Of The Year

View attachment 417065
We had 4 players in the team of the year this season.

Manager Of The Year

View attachment 417064
I was the manager of the year this season.

Our Player Of The Year

View attachment 417063
Indridi Thorlaksson was our best player this season, scoring 15 goals, and creating 18 goals in all competitions this year.

Our Young Player Of The Year

View attachment 417062
Central defender 'Thorri Atlason' was our best young player this year.

Icelandic Trophy Winners

Upper League Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Champions Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Cup - Valur
Icelandic Premier League - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

History Up Until Now (13 Seasons With KR)

YearUpper League CupIcelandic Champions CupIcelandic CupIcelandic Premier LeagueEuropa LeagueChampions League
2013Semi-FinalsWinnersWinnersWinners2nd Qualifying RoundN/A
2014Semi-FinalsWinnersWinners3rdN/A2nd Qualifying Round
2015Quarter FinalsLostQuarter Finals3rd2nd Qualifying RoundN/A
2016WinnersN/AWinners WinnersPlayoff RoundN/A
2017WinnersLostWinnersWinnersGroup StagePlayoff Round
2018WinnersLostRunners Up2ndGroup StagePlayoff Round
2019Quarter FinalsWinnersWinnersWinners3rd Qualifying RoundN/A
2020WinnersWinnersWinnersWinnersPlayoff Round3rd Qualifying Round
2021Quarter FinalsWinnersWinnersWinnersN/AGroup Stage
2022WinnersLost3rd RoundWinnersN/AGroup Stage
2023WinnersWinnersWinnersWinners1st Knockout RoundGroup Stage
2024WinnersLost3rd RoundWinnersGroup StagePlayoff Round
2025WinnersWinners4th RoundWinnersStill InvolvedPlayoff Round

Details of our Europa League Journey.

View attachment 416746

Europa League Campaign
We won our first game of the group 3-1 against Ferencvaros (Shown in the September update)
Here's how the other 5 group games went.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Petrolul (Europa League Group A)
View attachment 416744
We got the win we wanted. Juan Manuel Paredes scores a brilliant goal to seal victory.

VFL Wolfsburg 4-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League Group A)
View attachment 416743
A poor performance here. We made so many mistakes defensively.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-1 VFL Wolfsburg (Europa League Group A)
View attachment 416742
A much better performance this time as we come away with a deserved point. We have a very good chance of finishing 2nd now.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Ferencvaros (Europa League Group A)
View attachment 416739
It wasn't a great performance, but we got the win we needed, and have confirmed 2nd place in the group, with 1 game still remaining.

Petrolul 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League Group A)
View attachment 416738
A good performance in our last group game. 'Juan Manuel Paredes' and 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' on the score-sheet for us.

Europa League Group A Table

View attachment 416737
A very good group stage for us. We comfortably achieved 2nd place which was my goal in this group. We will be in the knockout rounds which will start in February next year. Hopefully we get a favorable draw.

A preview of the upcoming season.

View attachment 416302

Pre-Season
A pretty good pre-season.
We play most of our friendlies at home this year.
A few new signings.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3
-1 IBV Vestmannaeyjar

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-0 Viktoria Plzen

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Astra Giurgiu

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Grindavik

Reynir S 2-7 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Runar Runarsson's Testimonial

View attachment 416301 View attachment 416300
We gave a testimonial to long-serving keeper 'Runar Runarsson'. The keeper has spent his whole career with us so far having come through our youth academy.

Runar Runarsson's Stats & Career History

View attachment 416298 View attachment 416297

Players In

View attachment 416296
Our first signing is 18 year old defender 'Kim Roger Kampvesteen' who comes in from Norwegian giants 'Rosenborg' for a fee of ?22.5K. He is a player for the future, although I will give him some game time in cup matches.

View attachment 416294
Our 2nd signing is 19 year old midfielder 'Kjell Skarin' who comes in for a fee of ?120K from Norwegian side 'Norrkoping'. He could become a future star for us, but for now he will be used as a rotation/ backup option.

View attachment 416290
Our 3rd signing is 17 year old attacking midfielder 'Kristoffer Jensen' who comes in from Norwegian giants 'Valerenga' for a fee of ?130K. He is again one for the future, but will get game time in cup matches.

View attachment 416288
Our 4th and final signing is versatile 18 year old defender 'Harold Tenden'. He comes in from Norwegian side 'Sandnes Ulf' for a fee of ?80K. He can play anywhere across the back-line, although is too short for me to play him as a central defender. He's another 1 for the future, although I feel he can play some games in the first team this season.

Transfer Center

View attachment 416287
We don't sell anyone yet. I will be looking to sell some of the older players in the summer though. A few youngsters who were not going to make the grade leave the club on frees, while a couple of youngsters who may make the grade go out on loan. Legendary midfielder 'Atli Sigurjonsson' leaves on a free to Italian side 'AlbinoLeffe' after his contract ran out. Hopefully in the future he will be back at the club in a coaching role.

The start of the upper league cup.
We are also in the Europa League knockout rounds and face a tough tie against 'Bayer Leverkusen'.

View attachment 416136

February
Bayer Leverkusen kick us out of the Europa League.
We win our first 2 group games of the Upper League Cup.

News On Other Icelandic Premier League Clubs
Over the off-season 2 more Icelandic clubs have made the step up and gone professional. 'Stjarnan' who have consistently been a fairly strong side have made the step up, and 'Fimleikafelag Hafnarjardar' who have just been promoted after 2 years in the first division have also gone professional. The league is going to be a lot harder this year as both teams have strengthened their squads, especially 'Stjarnan'.

February Fixtures

Vikingur O. 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 416135
A good start to the group stages, with a 4-0 win over 'Vikingur O'

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-1 Bayer Leverkusen (Europa League 1st Knockout Round / First Leg)
View attachment 416133
'Bayer Leverkusen' take the advantage going into the 2nd leg after they beat us 1-0. It's going to be very difficult to win in Germany.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Stjarnan (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 416131
A good performance and a good win here. We were dominant throughout the game.

Bayer Leverkusen 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League 1st Knockout Round / Second Leg)
Bayer Leverkusen win 2-1 on aggregate.
View attachment 416129
We are out of the Europa League, but at least we gave a our German opponents a good game.

Upper League Cup Group B Table

View attachment 416127
We are 2nd in the group, but have played a game less than most of the other teams.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 416126
Central midfielder 'Christian Johansson' was our best player this month.

4 more games in the upper league cup group stage.

Last edited:
View attachment 415580

March
A poor month.

March Fixtures

Keflavik 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 415578
We should have won this game as we created enough chances, but our finishing was not good enough. Keflavik are a good side now, but it's still a frustrating draw.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Itrottafelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 415575
A very good second half performance sees us run out 4-0 winners.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Grindavik (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 415574
A comfortable win as expected against our first division opponents.

Fimleikafelag Hafnarjardar 2-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 415573
A poor performance. We dominated possession but didn't create many clear cut chances, and failed to put away the few clear cut chances we did make. 'FH' were clinical with their finishing.

Upper League Cup Group B Table

View attachment 415572
Were still top of the group, and are basically through to the knockout rounds, but we will need to take a point in our last group game to win the group.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 415571
'Olafur Aron Thorvaldsson' is usually a backup player, but got some game time this month and did impress. Not many players had a good month though.

Will we win the Upper League Cup?