We Attack With Fire And Ice - A Knattspyrnuf?lag Reykjav?kur Story

View attachment 432636

July
An unbeaten month.
We cope well with our right-back issues.

July Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Vikingur R. (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 432635
An expected easy win against the relegation favorites.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Fjolnir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 432634
A good dominant performance sees us run out 4-1 winners against Fjolnir.

Haukar 0-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 432632
We are held to a goalless draw by Haukar in what was a fairly dull game. 'Vigfus Einarsson' didn't manage to his usual demolition job on his old club.

Neftci 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 1st Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 432619
A very good away performance in the first leg pretty much puts this tie to bed. There's no way were going to lose 5-0 at home in the return leg.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Stjarnan (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 432628
A dominant performance here, as we barely allow Stjarnan to touch the ball. A nice 2-0 victory although it could easily have been alot more.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-0 Neftci (Chempions League 2nd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
We win 4-0 on aggregate.
View attachment 432626
After winning the first leg 4-0 we didn't have any pressure to get a result here, but I still expected to extend our lead further and was fairly disappointed no to do so.

FC Red Bull Salzburg 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 432624
We destroyed 'Red Bull Salzburg' but only leave with a single goal advantage. I hope our lack of clinical finishing doesn't cost us in the return leg.

Icelandic Premier League Table

View attachment 432622
We are 8 points clear at the top & league will probably be ours unless we go on a terrible run of form, which I don't see happening.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 432620
It was a tough choice between 'Lars Martinez Olsson' & 'Thor Hauksson', but Lars just edges it in the end.

What To Expect In The Next Update

With the transfer window open, do we manage to bring in a right-back?
Do we progress into the Champions League group stages?

Show Finances and good luck in CL. I am looking forward to lossless league season :)

View attachment 432412
August
We continue to stay unbeaten.
Our right-back issues are finally solved with a new signing.

August Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-2 FC Red Bull Salzburg (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
We win 5-2 on aggregate.
View attachment 432406
A very good performance in the return leg sees us comfortably into the playoff round. We were 4-0 up at half time, but we did get a bit sloppy near the end and our opponents managed to pull 2 goals back. Still i'm happy with a 5-2 aggregate win.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-2 Valur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 432405
A good win here. We probably played our best ever 45 minutes against Valur as we hold a 4-0 lead at half time. Valur came back at us in the 2nd half and reduced the score line to 4-2. We were never in danger of an implosion, but i'm starting to get concerned about complacency.

Breidablik 1-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 432404
A very good away win here against 'Breidablik' who I usually have problems against. We did go behind, but equalized 1 minute later. After our equalizer we started to dominate and ran out 4-1 winners.

Cliftonville 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Playoff Round / First Leg)
View attachment 432403
We face a surprisingly decent Cliftonville side, and despite us dominating we didn't look like coming away with the victory we wanted until Cliftonville lost a man with 10 minutes left to play. We use our numerical advantage well and score 2 late goals to give us victory.

Tindastoll 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 432402
A standard victory here as we beat relegation threatened Tindastoll with ease.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Cliftonville (Champions League Playoff Round / Second Leg)
We win 4-1 on aggregate.
View attachment 432401
We are through to the champions league group stage with our 4-1 aggregate victory over Cliftonville. Lets hope my group isn't as difficult as last year.

Fimleikafelag Hafnarjardar 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 432400
An amazing performance as we batter 'FH' at their place. We have actually confirmed that the title is our and we still have the whole of September to play. Vigfus Einarsson with a hat-trick, as he continues to have an amazing season.

View attachment 432399
The league is ours already. We have destroyed the league & I never expected to have it wrapped up so early. Lets hope we can record another unbeaten season now :).

Player Of The Month

View attachment 432398
Indridi Thorlaksson was our best player this month. He's been a real creative force this season & has been brilliant this month.

Champions League Group Draw

View attachment 432397 View attachment 432396 View attachment 432395 View attachment 432412
Real Madrid....................Bourissa Dortmund.............PSV Eindhoven...................Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Well, this group is no easier than last years. If anything it's harder as PSV have somehow turned into a world class side. I can't see myself getting anything out of this group, not even a single point.

Transfer Center

View attachment 432394 View attachment 432393
You may have noticed someone playing well in the right back position in most of this month's games :). That's new signing 'Roel De Groot' who come's in for a fee of ?41K from dutch first division side 'De Graffschap' at the start of the month.
In terms of outgoing's we say goodbye to striker 'Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson' :(. I had really hoped his injury problems would go away, but they didn't and it wasn't worth keeping a player on who only plays about 5 league games each season. He goes to spanish side 'Osasuna' for a fee of 50K. The fans were not too happy with this, and I suppose it's understandable, but there's no room for an almost permanently injured striker.

Youth Intake

View attachment 432392 View attachment 432391
A fairly good youth intake. 2 players I believe can make the grade. Midfielder 'Baldur gisli Masson' & keeper 'Birgir Ellertsson'.

Do we record another unbeaten season?

Show Finances and good luck in CL. I am looking forward to lossless league season :)

View attachment 432390
As you can see my updates are a few months behind my game & I'm in December now.
Our finances are not bad & our status is secure, but there's still a couple of loan debt's i'd like to see removed in the near future. Hopefully with a couple more appearances in the champions league group stages we will have taken in enough prize money to clear it all. It always annoys me when my club has loan debt lol.

View attachment 432348

September
We record another unbeaten league season
8-|.

September Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Keflavik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 432346
I'm pleased we managed to win this game with so many of my first team players on international duty. Keflavik barely had any first team players missing & were able to field most of their key players.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Vikingur O. (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 432344
2 early goals give us a comfortably victory here. We didn't need to be at our best to see off our opponents.

PSV Eindhoven 2-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group E)
View attachment 432343
A very good result & we done very well here to come back from 2 goals down. Vigfus Einarsson & Indridi Thorlaksson scored our goals.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Fylkir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 432341
A 2-0 home win over Fylkir as expected. Central defender 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' got both of our goals.

Vikingur R. 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 432339
An easy win over an already relegated side. Unfortunately Gary Martin is out for 2 month's with a ligament injury & will miss most of our champions league group games.

Fjolnir 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 432337
In our final league game of the season we record a 2-0 victory over Fjolnir. It was a fairly even game, but we were better infront of goal.

View attachment 432334
A 2nd unbeaten league season in a row. We only dropped 4 points over the league campaign. The gap between us & 2nd placed 'Fimleikafelag Hafnarjardar' was 19 points, which shows our complete dominance of the league.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 432329
Indridi Thorlaksson was our best player again this month. His creativity has been amazing this season he created another 5 goals in the league this month.

A review of this season.

What is your goal with this team? Any long term plans?

I would love to win a continental competition. It would be amazing if we could win the Europa League in 5-7 years time. I can't see myself even getting close to winning the champions league anytime in the near future though.

View attachment 431930

Season Review

A good season overall.
We record an unbeaten league campaign for the 2nd season in a row.
We made it to the Champions League group stages again :D.
Slightly disappointed we only did the double this year though.

Stats

View attachment 431929
'Vigfus Einarsson' who had an amazing season, was the league's top goalscorer with 17 goals in 21 games played.
We had the 4 top rated players, with 'Gudmunder Reynir Gunnarsson' being the highest rated with an average of 7.88.
'Indridri Thorlaksson' was player with the most assists, creating 19 goals in only 18 league games. An amazing record for him.

Fair Play Award

View attachment 431927
Again we were the fairest team in the league.

Team Of The Year

View attachment 431926
We only had 2 players in the team of the year, 'Indridi Thorlaksson' & Vigfus Einarsson'. It was surprising, but maybe its because nearly everyone else were rotated through the season while those two played pretty much every game they were available for.

Manager of The year

View attachment 431925
I came 2nd this year. I feel I should have won considering we won the league by 19 points. Never mind :S.

Our Player Of The year

View attachment 431924
'Indridi Thorlaksson' was our player of the year. The fact he had more assists in the league than games is just amazing.

Our Young Player Of The Year

View attachment 431923
Young central defender 'Isak Orn Gudmundsson' was our best young player this year. He's improved so much, and it's no surprise teams from the English Premier League are taking a keen interest in him.

Icelandic Trophy Winners

Upper League Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Champions Cup - Valur
Icelandic Cup - Valur
Icelandic Premier League - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

History Up Until Now (10 Seasons With KR)

YearUpper League CupIcelandic Champions CupIcelandic CupIcelandic Premier LeagueEuropa LeagueChampions League
2013Semi FinalsWinnersWinnersWinners2nd Qualifying RoundN/A
2014Semi-FinalsWinnersWinners3rdN/A2nd Qualifying Round
2015Quarter FinalsLostQuarter Finals3rd2nd Qualifying RoundN/A
2016WinnersN/AWinnersWinnersPlayoff RoundN/A
2017WinnersLostWinnersWinnersGroup StagePlayoff Round
2018WinnersLostRunners Up2ndGroup StagePlayoff Round
2019Quarter FinalsWinnersWinnersWinners3rd Qualifying RoundN/A
2020WinnersWinnersWinnersWinnersPlayoff Round3rd Qualifying Round
2021Quarter FinalsWinnersWinnersWinnersN/AGroup Stage
2022WinnersLost3rd RoundWinnersN/AGroup Stage

Details our our champions league journey.

View attachment 431655

Champions league Journey
We drew 2-2 at 'PSV Eindhoven' in our first group game (shown in the September update)
We seemed to be totally out of luck in the group and didn't get the amount of points we deserved.
We also have a new feeder club, so I'll report on that
:).

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-2 Real Madrid (Champions League Group E)
View attachment 431653
I was surprised how well we played against one of the best teams in the world. We could consider ourselves unlucky not to get a draw out of this game.

Bourissa Dortmund 2-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group E)
View attachment 431645
So close. We were so close to a brilliant draw, but a mistake in the 90th minute took the draw away from us :(.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-2 Bourissa Dortmund (Champions League Group E)
View attachment 431642
We again gave a good account of ourselves but just couldn't take a draw from the German giants. A penalty which never was one robbed us of a draw. It's so true, smaller teams never get any luck.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-2 PSV Eindhoven (Champions League Group E)
View attachment 431640
This loss disappointed me. I expected to take something from this game as we were the home team, but we were poor throughout.

Real Madrid 3-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group E)
View attachment 431637
After going 3-0 down in 15 minutes I expected to see embarrassing scoreline. We were dominated and lost 3-1 but that was pretty much what I expected to happen.

Champions League Group E Table

View attachment 431636
We only managed to take 1 point from this group, but given how we performed I feel we deserved more. We just didn't have much luck. I was happy with our our performances and I feel we can take alot of positives from this.

New Feeder Club Announced

View attachment 431635
I wanted a new feeder club, and the board agreed. We have English Championship side Dagenham & Redbridge as our new feeder club. I'm very happy with this.

New Stadium Coming Soon?
Looks like we might have a new stadium in a few years time. I didn't ask for one & I didn't notice any messages pop up, but when I clicked on the boardroom I saw we are currently planning a new stadium which surprised me a bit lol. Planning has only recently started is supposed to be completed in November 2025. When some more developments happen I'll report some more on this.
Hopefully they name the stadium after me. I think 'The Curtisson Vollur' has a nice ring to it (H).

A preview of the upcoming season.

View attachment 431438

Pre-Season
A fairly short but positive pre-season.
We sell someone for a record fee.
Only 1 incoming player so far.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Bi/Bolungarvik 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Reynir S. 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Thor Akureyri 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

IBV Vestmannaeyjar 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

We comfortably won all our pre-season fixtures against weaker teams as expected.

Gary Martin's Testimonial

View attachment 431429 View attachment 431428
We gave a testimonial to legendary striker 'Gary Martin'. Gary has always been a key payer for me and the striker is the club's all time top goal scorer.

Gary Martin's Stats & Career History
View attachment 431423 View attachment 431422

Players In

View attachment 431421
Our only signing so far is 17 year old defensive midfielder 'Odd Sanne' who comes in from Norwegian side 'Sandnes Ulf' for a fee of ?11k.

Transfer Center

View attachment 431420
The big sale was of central defender 'Isak Orn Gudmundsson' for ?1.6mil to Valerenga. He's a quality player but was always 3rd choice behind my regular center-backs 'Lars Martinez Olsson' & 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' and as the fee was very good i'm definitely not sad to see him go.
Other notable outgoing's were long term servants of the club Finnur Margeirsson, Bjorn Jonsson & Egill Jonsson.

The start of the upper league cup.

View attachment 431081

February
A short month, as February always is.
2 games played & 2 wins recorded.

February Fixtures

Fjolnir 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 431085
A dominant performance against a decent side gives us a good start to the upper league cup group stages.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-0 Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 431083
We batter our league 1 opponents. 'Olafur Aron Thorvaldsson' nets a hat-trick in the process.

Icelandic Upper League Group B Table

View attachment 431082
We are the only team to have won our first 2 games in our group.

I have my eye on a striker, who if I bring in will smash our transfer record. Do we make the move?

View attachment 430693

March
Transfer record smashed, but I'm already questioning weather I've made a mistake as my new signing get's injured in his debut.

New Signing

View attachment 430691 View attachment 430690
We spend a massive fee of ?350K to bring in 20 year old striker 'Mathias Svensson' from Norwegian side Hacken. Hopefully he will form a good partnership with 'Vigfus Einarsson' and help us reach the next level.

March Fixtures

Fimleikafelag Hafnarjardar 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 430688
We get the win we wanted, although we could and should have won by a higher margin considering how many chances we created. 'FH' are a decent side so I can't complain.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Njardovik (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 430687
We smash our first division opponents, and 'Mathias Svensson' scores on his debut. However he also picked up an injury, and will be missing for 4 weeks. I'm already wondering if I've just picked up an injury plagued striker.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-2 Knattspyrnufelag Akureyrar (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 430686
We were brilliant here for 80 minutes of the game and were 4-0 up, however the last 10 minutes disappointed me as we concede 2 late goals.

Icelandic Upper League Group B Table

View attachment 430683
We are pretty much through to the knockout rounds with 2 games remaining.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 430681
Central defender 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' has been very impressive this month.

Will we win the Upper League Cup?
How will record signing 'Mathias Svensson' perform once he returns from injury?

View attachment 430372

April

Stjarnan 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 430371
A very good performance, and result against a decent Stjarnan side. We've confirmed that we have won this group with another game still remaining.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Keflavik (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 430370
After being behind at half time I showed my disappointment to the team, and we performed amazingly in the 2nd half as we ran out 4-1 winners. Central defender 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' scored a hat-trick.

View attachment 430369
We destroyed this group, which contained a couple of decent sides.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Hottur (Upper League Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 430368
A good performance here sees us into the semi-finals of the upper league cup. Record signing 'Mathias Svensson' is back from injury and plays some part in this game.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Tindastoll (Upper League Cup Semi Finals)
View attachment 430367
'Mathias Svensson' scores a hat-trick as we run out 4-1 winners. To the finals we go.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Valur (Upper League Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 430366
What A Win. We scored 3 goals very early into the game as we took control. 'Vigfus Einarsson' & 'Mathias Svensson' both scored 2 goals as we claim the upper league with a brilliant 4-0 win.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 430364
'Mathias Svensson' was brilliant this month after coming back from injury. Hopefully he will stay fit now and put to rest my concerns that he may be fairly injury prone.

Will we win the Icelandic Champions Cup against Valur?
Can we get off to a positive start in the league?

Last edited:
View attachment 429774
May
Injuries overshadow a brilliant month.
Record Signing 'Mathias Svensson' will miss most of the season.
Georg Heimisson will miss 2 months of the season.
I received an interesting job offer.

May Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-1 Valur (Icelandic Champions Cup)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 429773
***** A much closer game this time as I expected. This was looking like going to the dreaded penalty shootout, but 'Indridi Throlaksson' came up with a stunning free-kick in the 88th minute to win us the game & cup.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Fimleikafelag Hafnarjardar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 429772
A good start with a convincing 3-0 over decent opposition.

Keflavik 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 429771
We won 3-0, but the most talked about event will be 'Mathias Svensson' suffering a torn hamstring, and looks like being out for up to 4 months.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Breidablik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 429768
A comfortable victory again overshadowed by injury. 'Georg Heimisson' will be missing for up to 2 months with a sprained ankle.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-2 Haukar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 429767
A good start saw us go into half time 3-0 up, but we were poor in the 2nd half and ended up only winning 3-2. Main thing is we won though.

View attachment 429766
We are 2nd in the league after 4 games, behind 'Valur' on goal difference. 'Fylkir' have had a very good start, considering they are supposed to be relegation favorites.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 429765
The reliable 'Vigfus Einarsson' was our best player this month. I'll need him to continue his brilliant goal-scoring record now, without 'Mathias Svensson' to share the burden.

Interesting Job Offer

View attachment 429764 I am wanted by the club I love. Fulham have just been relegated from the English Premier League after an awful campaign. I have to admit I was very tempted to move clubs, but after thinking long & hard, I've decided to stay with in Iceland with KR, and continue the amazing work I've done at this club over the last 10 years.

How will we cope with 1 of my key players missing for most of the season?

View attachment 429211

June
We're playing well & barely notice 'Mathias Svensson' is missing.

June Fixtures

Vikingur O. 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 429210
A very good performance as we dominate from start to finish. Our opponents didn't even manage to take a shot.

Aegir 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 3rd Round)
View attachment 429209
I played a weakened team against a much weaker opponent and we dominated and win 3-0

Fjolnir 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 429208
A brilliant performance as we destroy 'Fjolnir'.

Fram 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 429207
A very good performance here. Gary Martin bags a hat-trick as we win 3-0.

Knattspyrnufelag Akureyrar 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 429206
Very disappointed to draw against a newly promoted team. We had enough chances to win comfortably but failed to take them.

View attachment 429205
We are currently top, ahead of 'Valur' on goal difference after 8 games.

Player of The Month

View attachment 429204
Veteran striker 'Gary Martin' was our best player this month, showing he can still do the job at 32.

Will we start to pull clear of 'Valur'?
We will have a new player joining :).

View attachment 428893

July
A perfect month.
We win every game & destroy a few teams.

July Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-1 Stjarnan (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 428888
We won and never looked in danger of dropping points, but we could have and should have won by a larger margin.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Fylkir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 428885
A comfortable 3-1 victory against an overachieving 'Fylkir' side.

Valur 2-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 428884
A hard fought victory against 'Valur'. The game could have gone either way, but it went the right way.

Fimleikafelag Hafnarjardar 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 428882
A brilliant performance as we smash 'FH'. 'Vigfus Einarsson' bags a hat-trick in the process.

Kuksei 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 428883
A good result against a team I no nothing about, in fact I've never heard of them before. I imagine we will win the 2nd leg easily as well.

Knattspyrnufelag Akureyrar 1-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 4th Round)
View attachment 428881
We're through to the semi-finals of the 'Icelandic Cup' with a strong performance against 'KA'. Veteran striker 'Gary Martin' gets himself 2 goals in the process.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Kuksei (Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
We win 6-0 on aggregate.
View attachment 428880
We win the 2nd leg of this qualifier 4-0, to give us a 6-0 aggregate win. 'Thor Hauksson' scored 2 goals, and he seem's to be scoring quite frequently of late from his right-back position.

Reynir S. 1-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 428879
I played a very much weakened XI, containing alot of youngsters against my first division opponents, and we ran out easy winners. 18 year old forward 'Petur Orn Strindorsson' scores a hat-trick in what was a brilliant team performance.

View attachment 428878
We are 4 points clear of 2nd placed 'Valur' with a game in hand. 'Valur' are now 10 points clear of 3rd placed Breidablik, so with just over half of the season gone we already know the top 2.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 428877
'Vigfus Einarsson' was our best player this month as the striker continues to score goals for fun.

New Signing

View attachment 428876
We have a new player in our ranks. Hugo Fernandez join's us from his local side 'Tucuary' in Paraguay for a fee of ?43K. I actually finalized the deal to sign him over 2 years ago when he was still only 15.

Will we extend the gap between us and Valur?
How does new signing Hugo Fernandez settle in?
Will we win the Icelandic Cup?
Can we make the Champions League group stage for the 3rd time in a row?

View attachment 428718

August
We win the Icelandic Cup.
Young Left-Back 'Hugo Fernandez' is settling in very well.
We progress to the Champions League Group Stage.

August Fixtures

Petrolul 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 428717
A very disappointing first leg as we spent the majority of the 2nd half with an extra man. I will need a much better performance in the home leg.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Petrolul (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / 2nd Leg)
We win 3-1 on aggregate.
View attachment 428716
We put on the performance we required to make it to the next qualifying round.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Vikingur O (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 428715
A decent performance here as we run out 2-0 winners against a relegation threatened side.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Breidablik (Icelandic Cup Semi-Finals)
View attachment 428714
Another decent performance as we beat 10-men Breidablik to make it to the Icelandic Cup Finals.

Keflavik 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 428713
***** We smash 'Keflavik' to win the Icelandic Cup. All of our 4 goals were scored in the first half meaning we could just relax in the 2nd half.

Mlada Boleslav 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Playoff Round)
View attachment 428712
A commanding first leg win puts us in a very good position for the return leg.

Haukar 2-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 428707
Haukar gave us a run for our money, but we ended up getting the 3 points we came here for. Young forward 'Petur Orn Steindorsson' scored 2 goals for us.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Mlada Boleslav (Champions League Playoff Round)
We win 6-2 on aggregate.
View attachment 428703
Another strong performance sees us win the playoff round, and make the group stages of the champions league. Hopefully we won't get another group of death.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Fram (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 428701
A good performance against bottom of the league Fram.

View attachment 428700
Both ourselves & Valur won every league game this month, so we're pretty much where we were at the end of the last month. We're 1 point ahead of Valur but have 2 games in hand.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 428699
'Petur Orn Steindorsson' has been playing very well this month and the young forward is progressing very well.

Champions League Group Draw

View attachment 480533 View attachment 480535 View attachment 480538View attachment 428718
Arsenal......................Athletico Madrid...............Shakhtar Donestk.......Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

While this is a very difficult group, it's not what I consider a 'group of death'. We are clearly the weakest team here, but I do feel if we perform at our best, we can finish above 'Shakhtar Dinestk' and take 3rd place.

Youth Intake
Our youth intake this year was a disgrace. The best payer to come through only had a potential of 2 stars, and didn't look like he would even reach his poor potential. I terminated the trials of the youngsters as they just were not worth even keeping for more than a day.

Will we complete another unbeaten season?

View attachment 428404

September
We are not invincible apparently.
Valur give us a late scare in our pursuit of the title.
We win the title meaning we achieve an amazing quadruple.

September Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Fjolnir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 428403
A standard 3-1 win against a decent mid-table side. Unfortunately right-back 'Roel De Groot' suffered a ligament injury and is out for 2 months.

Breidablik 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 428402
A good victory here as we edge closer to the title.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Keflavik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 428401
I was worried we would drop points here as it was still 0-0 as we approached 90 minutes, but 2 injury time goals give us a deserved victory.

Shakhtar Donestk 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group H)
View attachment 428400
A very good result as we hold the giants of Ukraine to a draw. We went behind just before half-time but 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' gets us the equalizer just after half-time.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Knattspyrnufelag Akureyrar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 428399
A good performance and good result as we continue to edge towards the title. Young central defender 'Thorri Atlason' & young left back 'Hugo Fernandez' both managed to get on the score-sheet.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-3 Valur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 428398
We lost???? After a record of 67 league games unbeaten which saw us achieve 2 unbeaten seasons in a row, and a record of 42 games unbeaten in all competitions, we lose to Valur at the worst time possible. Had we won or even drawn we would have won the title. 'Valur' are now only 4 points behind us with 2 games left.

Stjarnan 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 428397
After a nervy start we take full control of this game & run out 3-0 winners. This means we have won the league :).

Fylkir 1-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic premier League)
View attachment 428396
We smash 'Fyklir' in the league game of the season. Veteran striker 'Gary Martin' gets himself a hat-trick as well.

View attachment 428395
We ended up winning the league by 7 points this year. 'Valur' gave us a good challenge for the title. The gap between 2nd placed 'Valur & 3rd placed 'Breidablik' was a huge 18 points.
'Fimleikafelag Hafnarjardar' got relegated which comes as a shock to me. At the start of this save they were Iceland's top team. How the mighty have fallen.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 428394
'Daniel Helgesson' has been his usual calm & composed brilliant passer of the ball, but has also added goals to his game this month.

A review of another brilliant season.

View attachment 428168

Season Review
Another brilliant season.
We complete the quadruple
8-|.
A few youngsters have really impressed & broke into the first team.

Stats

View attachment 428167
We had 2 players in the top league goal scoring charts. 'Vigfus Einarsson' with 13 & 'Gary Martin' with 11. However 'Valur' striker 'Bjarki Mar Sveinsson' destroyed the charts scoring 28 league goals. (Drug testing may be required for him lol)
We had 3 players in the top player ratings. The 'Valur' striker however was the best rated player over the league campaign.
We had 2 players in the top assist ratings. 'Olafur Aron Thorvaldsson' was top with 9 assists & 'Atli Sigurjonsson also managed 6 assists.

Fair Play Award

View attachment 428165
This year we were not in the top 3 teams for the fair play award. We did seem to get more yellow cards than usual this season, although none of our players were sent off.

Team Of The year

View attachment 428163
We only had 1 player in the team of the year this year, 'Gary Martin'. It must be because I rotated nearly everyone over the course of the season. Only reason I can think off for the lack of players from my team making it here.

Manager Of The year

View attachment 428162
I was the manager of the year. No surprise after we completed the quadruple.

Our Player Of The Year

View attachment 428159
Veteran & legendary striker 'Gary Martin' was our player of the year. Even though he's nearly 33, he's still got the quality.

Our Young Player Of The Year

View attachment 428151 View attachment 428150
It was difficult to decide who was our best young player, as there were a few who have really impressed. 'Thor Hauksson' was officially the Icelandic player of the year, and 'Torfi Geir Agnarsson' was officially the runner up. Both players have impressed me so much. This was the breakthrough season 'Torfi Agnarsson' as he made his debut at the start of the season. I think these 2 can share the award :).

Icelandic Trophy Winners

Upper League Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Champions Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Premier League - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

History Up Until Now (11 Seasons With KR)

YearUpper League CupIcelandic Champions CupIcelandic CupIcelandic Premier LeagueEuropa LeagueChampions League
2013Semi-FinalsWinnersWinnersWinners2nd Qualifying RoundN/A
2014Semi-FinalsWinnersWinners3rdN/A2nd Qualifying Round
2015Quarter-FinalsLostQuarter-Finals3rd2nd Qualifying RoundN/A
2016WinnersN/AWinnersWinnersPlayoff RoundN/A
2017WinnersLostWinnersWinnersGroup StagePlayoff Round
2018WinnersLostRunners Up2ndGroup StagePlayoff Round
2019Quarter-FinalsWinnersWinnersWinners3rd Qualifying RoundN/A
2020WinnersWinnersWinnersWinnersPlayoff Round3rd Qualifying Round
2021Quarter-FinalsWinnersWinnersWinnersN/AGroup Stage
2022WinnersLost3rd RoundWinnersN/AGroup Stage
2023WinnersWinnersWinnersWinnersStill InvolvedGroup Stage

Details of our champions league journey.

Last edited:
View attachment 428142

Champions League Journey

We drew 1-1 with 'Shakhtar Donestk' in our first group game (shown in the September update)
I also receive a message, which shows what a legend I am at this club
^^).

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-2 Athletico Madrid (Champions League Group H)
View attachment 428140
In what was a fairly close game our superior opponents showed their superior finishing as we lost 2-0.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-2 Arsenal (Champions League group H)
View attachment 428139
I just hoped to keep the scoreline respectable against our world class opponents, and we done that. Both goals we conceded came from corners which isn't very Arsenal like.

Arsenal 2-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group H)
View attachment 428138
Again it was about keeping the scoreline respectable, and we done that.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-1 Shakhtar Donestk (Champions League Group H)
View attachment 428137
I wanted a result here, and we managed a very valuable 1-1 draw. We are still 3rd in the group, and if we manage to equal Shakhtar's result in the last group game we will finish 3rd.

Athletico Madrid 1-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group H)
View attachment 428135
Our last game of the group ends with an expected defeat. We set out to contain our opponent's and our defense played well. The goal we conceded was a wonder goal we could do nothing about. More importantly 'Arsenal' beat 'Shakhtar'.

Champions League Group H Table

View attachment 428134
We finish 3rd in the group, as we have a better goal difference to 'Shakhtar'. I'm delighted as this means our European journey is not over yet. We will play in the 'Europa League' knockout phases. Overall I am happy with our performances in this group and I knew if we played well we could just sneak above Shakhtar which we did.
The knockout rounds of the 'Europa League' will start in 'February' which will be at the beginning of our next year's domestic campaign (obviously due to the way our season's run). Lets hope for a favorable draw :).

Curtisson Park Is Being Built

View attachment 428129
Our new stadium is on it's way and it will be named after me, the clubs most successful manager ever :D. This is the first time ever I've had a stadium named after me, so i'm very happy. I can't wait for us to play our first game in this new stadium, which will be in around 3 years time.

Planned Youth Facilities

View attachment 428128
We will be upgrading our youth facilities. I asked for this upgrade, and the board agreed it was necessary.

A preview of the upcoming season.