We Attack With Fire And Ice - A Knattspyrnuf?lag Reykjav?kur Story

View attachment 415438

April
We win the upper league cup, although not exactly in convincing fashion.

April Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Knattspyrnufelag Fjallabyggdar (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 415437
A very dominant performance and a comfortable 2-0 win. If our finishing was better it really could have been a massive scoreline.

View attachment 415436
We win our group by 2 points.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Vikingur R. (Upper League Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 415434
A comfortable win as we head into the semi-finals. 'Juan Manuel Paredes' with both of our goals.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Breidablik (Upper League Cup Semi-Finals)
View attachment 415433
A good performance & win. All of our goals came from set-pieces.

Fram 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 415431
We win the upper league cup in extra time thanks to a goal from 'Juan Manuel Paredes'. We could & should have had the trophy wrapped up in normal time but our finishing again was not very good.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 415429
Juan Manuel Paredes was our best player this month scoring 4 goals.

What To Expect In The Next Update

Will we win the Icelandic Champions Cup against Valur?
Can we get off to a positive start in the league?

Last edited:
View attachment 415066

May
Our form continues to be very indifferent.
We fail to win the Icelandic Champions Cup.

May Fixtures

Valur 1-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Champions Cup)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 415065
Neither team managed to create much, but 'Valur' got the winner with an amazing volley.

Tindastoll 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 415063
A good win on the opening day of the premier league campaign.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-0 Stjarnan (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 415062
Despite us dominating, 'Stjarnan' manage to hold us to a 0-0 draw. That's 2 points dropped already :(.

Fjolnir 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 415061
Central midfielder 'Ryan Arce' bags both goals in our 2-0 win over 'Fjolnir'.

Valur 1-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 415060
We went 1-0 down early in the game and struggled in the first half, but were brilliant in the 2nd half and recorded a very good win.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-0 Breidablik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 415057
An even better performance as we destroy 'Breidablik'. I didn't see this performance coming. Forward 'Sevinn Eliasson' bags a hat-trick for us.

Icelandic Premier League Table

View attachment 415056
We are 1 point ahead of 'Valur' after 5 games in the premier league.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 415055
'Thor Hauksson' was our best player this month. Despite not having great stats, he consistently puts in top notch performances and is my Mr reliable. It's also worth stating that he's never had an injury so far :D.

Can we get rid of our inconsistent form, and go on a long winning streak?

View attachment 414665

June
Our good form looks like it's coming back.
We win every game this month.

June Fixtures

IBV Vestmannaeyjar 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 3rd Round)
View attachment 414660
I played a much weakened side here, and despite only winning 1-0 it was actually pretty easy for us.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Keflavik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 414658
A fairly good performance here as we win 3-1. 'Kevlavik' scored their goal with their only shot of the game.

Vikingur O. 1-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 414653
As expected we record an easy win against a side who are expected to be in a relegation battle.

Fimleikafelag Hafnarjardar 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 414647
A good performance as we win 3-0 against our rivals, who look like they may go straight back down.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Fylkir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 414646
A very good performance against a team we have struggled against in recent seasons.

View attachment 414644
We are already 7 points clear at the top, and look like running away with the league again.

**Valur have a new manager after 'Larus Orri Sigurdsson' became the new manager of Russian giants 'Zenit St Petersburg. Valur's new manager lost his first 2 games at his new club. I wonder if it's a sign Valur are going to crumble and no longer be my main (well only) competition.**

Player Of The Month

View attachment 414637
'Indridi Thorlaksson' was our best player this month.

Will we run away with the league?
The transfer window opens. Will there be any movements?

View attachment 414355

July
We really are running away with the league now.
There are a few players leaving the club. No incoming players though.

July Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Haukar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 414354
A comfortable 2-0 win. 'Sevinn Eliasson' scores both goals for us.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Fram (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 414353
We record a 2-0 win, but this game was marred by an injury to 'Juan Manuel Paredes', who is out for 4-5 month's with a broken ankle :(.

Stjarnan 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 414352
We score 3 goals in under 25 minutes to record a comfortable win. Young striker 'Olli Nygard' bags 2 goals.

Aktobe 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 414351
An easy win with a rotated squad over my opponents from Kazakhstan.

Vikingur O. 0-4 Knattsoyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 4th Round)
View attachment 414350
A good performance as we record an easy win over 'Vikingur O'. To the quarter finals we go.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-0 Aktobe (Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round / 2nd Leg)
We win 8-0 on aggregate.
View attachment 414349
Again I play a very much rotated squad and we again win easily. We go through to the 3rd qualifying round with an 8-0 aggregate win.

Fram 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Quarter Finals)
We win 5-4 on penalties.
View attachment 414348
I'm delighted to get my first ever win on penalties on FM14. I'm disappointed that this game had to go all the way to penalties though.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Petrolul (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 414347
We record a 1-0 win in the first leg of what is a tricky tie against our Romanian opponents. We seem to play this team quite often in Europe.

View attachment 414346
We are 10 points clear of 2nd placed 'Fram'. 'Valur' are not looking very good under their new manager and sit in 5th place.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 414345
The always reliable 'Thor Hauksson' was our best player this month.

Transfer Center

View attachment 414344
The only outgoing for a fee was 'Christian Johansson' who joins 'Tottenham' for a fee of ?1.8mil. 'Tottenham' were recently relegated from the premier league which comes as a bit of a shock.

Will there be any more transfer news to talk about.
Will we make the Champions League group stage, or have to settle for the Europa League?
Will we win the Icelandic Cup?

Last edited:
View attachment 414215

August
Our good form continues.
We win the Icelandic Cup.
We still are miles ahead in the league.
We make the Champions League group stage after a thrilling playoff tie.

August Fixtures

Petrolul 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
We win 3-1 on aggregate.
View attachment 414214
We build on our narrow first leg win with a good performance and another narrow win. We win 3-1 on aggregate.

Breidablik 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 414213
A 'Ryan Arce' penalty was all that separated us and 'Breidablik'. We record another narrow win.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-1 Stjarnan (Icelandic Cup Semi Finals)
View attachment 414211
We hit the woodwork 3 times in the first 25 minutes then 'Stjarnan' go and score, and I feared this would just not be our day. We managed the equalizer a few minutes before halftime. With the game looking like going to extra time the ever reliable 'Thor Hauksson' scores the winner for us with virtually the last kick of the game.

Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur 0-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Finals)*****Finals*****
View attachment 414209
Now that's how to win a final! We were brilliant here, strong defensively, creative in midfield and clinical up front.

FC Kobenhavn 2-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Playoff Round / First Leg)
View attachment 414208
Oh dear.. We lose the first leg 2-0 against a side who are similar to us in terms of ability. It's going to be very hard to turn this around.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Vikingur O. (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 414205
A good performance & result here, especially as I rested some key payers.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 FC Kobenhavn (Champions League Playoff Round / Second Leg)
We win 4-2 on aggregate.
View attachment 414203
An amazing performance. I changed a few things tactically, and went with a more direct style of play which worked like a treat. We battered the opposition in every part of the pitch. We make the Champions League group stage :).

Keflavik 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 414202
A good performance to end the month as we win 3-1 against 'Keflavik'.

View attachment 414201
We are 9 points clear at the top of the league, and still have 2 or 3 games in hand over everyone else.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 414199
'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' was our best player this month. He's been a beast in defense.

Champions League Group Draw

View attachment 414197 View attachment 414196 View attachment 414215 View attachment 414195
Bayern Munich..........Ajax Amsterdam...................Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur.............Malmo FF

We were drawn 3rd seeds, and I feel this is a group we should definitely finish 3rd in. We are better than 'Malmo FF' and owe them a beating after they beat us in the 'Champions League' playoff round last year. 'Bayern Munich' should win this group easily, and I just can't see us finishing ahead of 'Ajax' having looked at their squad.

Youth Intake

View attachment 414194
This was the best player of the youth intake.. Not someone likely to make it for us. There were so many players with 2.5 star potential, and he was the only 3 star potential player. Either way it doesn't look like anyone from this years youth intake is ever going to be good enough to make it.

Transfer Center

View attachment 414193
Striker 'Sevinn Eliasson' leaves to join Italian side 'Torino' for a fee of ?350K. He was a decent player, but a bit inconsistent and decided to let him go.

What To Expect In The next Update
With the league basically ours, how many points will we win by?

Last edited:
View attachment 413908

September
An average month to end the domestic season.
We lose our first game in the Champions League group stage.
Injuries start to plague my squad
:(

September Fixtures

Fylkir 2-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 413907
With nearly all my first team players on international duty I was forced to play a team almost full of reserves. Not much surprise we lost considering the players I was left with :mad:. We also lose 'Petur Orn Steindorsson' to injury, and he was one of the few non reserve players in the line-up.

News from the International break is that 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' is out for up to 5 months with a broken ankle & Lars Martinez is out for up to 3 months with strained knee ligaments
:mad:. That's both my first choice central defenders gone, lets just hope they don't decline too much :(.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-2 Valur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 413906
Valur manage to hold us to a draw. If we had managed to get the victory we would have conformed the title is ours.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Tindastoll (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 413905
We now confirm the league is ours with a 3-0 over 'Tindastoll' who are probably going back down.

​Ajax 2-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group B)
View attachment 413917
We started of brightly, but after conceding via a dubious penalty we never looked like coming back into the game.. The penalty shouldn't have been given, and I was very critical about the referee in my post-match interview.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Fimleikafelag Hafnarjardar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 413916
A very good performance here as we smash our rivals, who look destined for the drop. If 'FH' go down they could lose their professional status.

Haukar 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 413913
It was a pretty close game, but our unusually clinical finishing gave us a 3-1 win.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Fjolnir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 413912
A good performance as we record a 3-0 win.

Fram 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 413911
I played a much rotated side here, so i'm pleased to come away with the victory.

View attachment 413910
Right from the start it looked like we would run away with the league, and we've ended up winning it by 18 points. We actually won the league by 18 points last year as well.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 413909
Central midfielder 'Ryan Arce' was our best player this month.

A review of this season.

Last edited:
View attachment 412786

Season Review
A good season.
We win the treble and make it into the Champions League group stages.
This was our last season in the 'KR-Vollur' so i'm glad it was a successful one.

Stats

View attachment 412785
We had no players in the top 4 for goal's scored. 'Sigurdur Saeberg Juliusson' was our top league scorer with 9 goals.
'Thor Hauksson' was the best rated player over the league campaign with an average rating of 7.88.
'Indridi Thorlaksson' ended the league campaign with 9 assists, which was the 4th best in the league.

Fair Play Award

View attachment 412784
We were the fairest team in the league this year.

Team Of The Year

View attachment 412783
Only keeper Runar Alex Runarsson' was in the team of the year. Not much surprise when most of the team were rotated a lot (mainly due to injuries).

Manager Of The Year

View attachment 412782
I was the manager of the year again :).

Our Player Of The Year

View attachment 412781
The ever reliable 'Thor Hauksson' was our player of the year. Despite not being one of the more talented players in my squad he consistently performs very well.

Our Young Player Of The Year

View attachment 412780
Striker 'Olli Nigard' was our young player of the year, scoring 11 goals in all competitions.

Icelandic Trophy Winners

Upper League Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Champions Cup - Valur
Icelandic Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Premier League - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

History Up Until Now (14 Seasons With KR)

YearUpper League CupIcelandic Champions CupIcelandic CupIcelandic Premier LeagueEuropa LeagueChampions League
2013Semi-FinalsWinnersWinnersWinners2nd Qualifying RoundN/A
2014Semi-FinalsWinnersWinners3rdN/A2nd Qualifying Round
2015Quarter FinalsLostQuarter Finals3rd2nd Qualifying RoundN/A
2016WinnersN/AWinnersWinnersPlayoff RoundN/A
2017WinnersLostWinnersWinnersGroup StagePlayoff Round
2018WinnersLostRunners Up2ndGroup StagePlayoff Round
2019Quarter FinalsWinnersWinnersWinners3rd Qualifying RoundN/A
2020WinnersWinnersWinnersWinnersPlayoff Round3rd Qualifying Round
2021Quarter-FinalsWinnersWinnersWinnersN/AGroup Stage
2022WinnersLost3rd RoundWinnersN/AGroup Stage
2023WinnersWinnersWinnersWinners1st Knockout RoundGroup Stage
2024WinnersLost3rd RoundWinnersGroup StagePlayoff Round
2025WinnersWinners4th RoundWinners1st Knockout RoundPlayoff Round
2026WinnersLostWinnersWinnersN/AStill Involved

Details of our Champions League journey.

Last edited:
View attachment 412483

Champions League Journey
We lost our first group game 2-0 at 'Ajax' shown in the September update. Here's how the rest of the group games went.
We also have a new feeder club :).
**Curtisson Park also opens in November, but we won't be playing in out new stadium just yet :D.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Malmo FF (Champions League Group B)
View attachment 412473
A good win here. We need to take 6 point's from 'Malmo' so i'm happy we got the first 3 points without too much trouble.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Bayern Munich (Champions League Group B)
View attachment 412472
I can't believe we beat the German giants. The best thing about it is we actually deserved the win. It wasn't a smash and grab victory. We defended so well and looked dangerous on the attack. Our goal came from 'Lars Martinez Olsson' in the 90th minute who had came on as a late sub only minutes before.

Bayern Munich 3-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group B)
View attachment 412470
Well, 'Bayern Munich' managed to get revenge beating us comfortably.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-1 Ajax (Champions League Group B)
View attachment 412469
I'm delighted to get the victory over the Dutch giants. The victory was even sweeter after a very aggressive pre-match war of words between myself and the 'Ajax' manager. We now have a chance of finishing 2nd. I need to beat 'Malmo' and hope 'Bayern Munich' either beat, or draw against 'Ajax'.
***Curtisson Park was officially opened today, so it was good to record a win against a quality side on this day***

Malmo FF 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group B)
View attachment 412468
We done what we needed with our 2-0 victory. Now we just needed 'Ajax' to drop points.

Champions League Group B Table

View attachment 412467
We done it!! We finished 2nd. 'Bayern Munich' beat 'Ajax' in the final group game meaning we get 2nd place, and into the knockout rounds we go. I am delighted with how we've performed in this group.

New Feeder Club Announced

View attachment 412466
English Championship side 'Plymouth Argyle' are our new feeder club.

Wait and see :D.

KR Announce Relocation Complete

View attachment 411884
Finally, 4 years after plans were started, Curtisson park is finished and we are ready to move into our new home.

Facilities At Curtisson Park

View attachment 411883
* Our facilities are amazing for an Icelandic club, in fact a lot of clubs from the best leagues in Europe would love to have facilities like ours.
* We are the only Icelandic club with a stadium that boasts under-soil heating. The only other stadium in Iceland with under-soil heating is the 'Laugardalsvollur' which is the national stadium.
* Curtisson Park's capacity is 13,500 which might not sound very large, but for an Icelandic club this is very large.

A Brief Press Conference At Curtisson Park

Kristinn Asgeirsson - How excited must you be about the prospect of playing in this wonderful new stadium?
Anton Curtisson - It really is a wonderful stadium, and we are all looking forward to playing our games here.

Thordur Breiddal - Is there any part of you that will miss the old 'KR-Vollur'?
Anton Curtisson - I will certainly miss the 'KR-Vollur'. I think everyone associated with Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur will miss the 'KR-Vollur'. It has been our home for so many years, and we've had so many successful years there.

Thordur Breiddal - To have the new stadium named after yourself must be the best gift any manager can receive?
Anton Curtisson - It means so much to me. It was a massive shock to find out the stadium was going to be named in my honor. I've had 14 brilliant years here building a legacy & I plan to continue here until the day I retire.

Kristinn Asgerisson - Will you be seeing any star players leaving in order to balance the books?
Anton Curtisson - I won't be discussing any financial matters today, but what I will say is I have no plans to sell any of my star players.

Kristinn Asgeirsson - Thank you for speaking with us today Anton.

The Amazing Curtisson Park

View attachment 411778
A preview of the upcoming season.
Our pre-season games will be played in our stunning new ground.

View attachment 410147

Pre-Season

We play our pre-season fixtures, all at our new home.
We bring in 2 new signings.

Pre-season Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-1 Grindavik

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Njardovik

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-0 IBV Vestmannaeyjar

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Reynir S.

Players In

View attachment 410140
Our first signing is 17 year old midfielder 'Marius Blokhus' who comes in from Norwegian side 'Aalesund' for a fee of ?230K.

View attachment 410139
Our 2nd signing is striker 'Styrmir Viktorsson' who joins us from 'Handknayyleiksfelag Kopavogs' for a fee of ?28K. Despite not being.

Transfer Center

View attachment 410138
The only outgoing player is 'Jesper Wiburg' who joins 'Haukar' on a free transfer.

The start of the upper league cup.
We play Newcastle United in the Champions League first Knockout Round.

View attachment 410099

February
As usual, a winning start to the upper league cup, which I expect to win again.
We lose to Newcastle in the first leg of the Champions League first knockout round.

February Fixtures

Tindastoll 1-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 410094
I expected an easy win, and that's what we have with a 5-1 win over 'Tindastoll'.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-1 Breidablik (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 410092
This was our first competitive game at 'Curtisson Park' and i'm obviously happy to have won. Our performance wasn't that good though.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-2 Newcastle United (Champions League 1st Knockout Round / First Leg)
View attachment 410090
Not much to say really, Newcastle are a much better team and I didn't expect to get anything out of this game.

Reynir S. 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 410086
An easy win for us. We didn't need to work hard at all.

Upper League Cup Group C Table

View attachment 410084
We are top after winning our first 3 group games.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 410079
'Kjell Skarin' who played in 2 of this months fixtures was our best player, after he scored 2 goals and put in 2 quality performances.

The 2nd leg against Newcastle.
More upper league cup group games.

View attachment 409854

March
We continue to do what is expected of us in the upper league cup.
Newcastle kick us out of the champions league.

March Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Fjolnir (Upper League Group Stage)
View attachment 409853
A good performance & a good result.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Fimleikafelag Hafnarjardar (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 409847
Another good performance & result here. Midfielder 'Torfi Geir Agnarsson' scored a hat-trick.

Newcastle United 3-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 1st Knockout Round / Second Leg)
Newcastle win 5-1 on aggregate.
View attachment 409846
Newcastle comfortably beat us in the return leg, just like they did in the first. They win 5-1 on aggregate, a scoreline which does disappoint me a bit.

Fylkir 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 409844
A good performance and win sees us win the group with a game still to space.

Upper League Cup Group C Table

View attachment 409841
We are 6 points clear at the top, with 1 game remaining and confirmed we are through to the knockout rounds of the upper league cup.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 409839
Midfielder 'Torfi Geir Agnarsson' was our best player this month.

Do we win the Upper League Cup?
We are looking to bring in another player.

View attachment 409480
April
We win the Upper League Cup.
We bring in a young player who looks like he could become world class.

April Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-1 Vikingur O. (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 409479
Well this comes as a shock. Didn't see a defeat coming at all. Good thing we had already won the group easily.

View attachment 409476
We win the group by 3 points.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Valur (Upper League Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 409475
We are into the semi-finals after a strong performance against 'Valur'.

Stjarnan 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Semi-Finals)
View attachment 409468
A brilliant performance as we storm into the finals, where we will face rivals 'Fram'.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Fram (Icelandic Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 409467
It wasn't a very convincing performance, with 1 of our goals being a penalty, and another being an own goal, but all that really matters on this occasion is we have won the upper league cup.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 409453
Captain 'Indridi Thorlaksson' was our best player this month.

New Signing

View attachment 409450 View attachment 409448
We bring in 15 year old Danish defender 'Patrick Knudsen' from 'FC Kobenhavn for a fee of ?220K. He won't get that many games just yet, but looks like being a superstar in the future.

Will we beat 'Valur' in the Icelandic Champions Cup.
Will we get off to a good start in the league?

View attachment 409310

May
A brilliant start to the season. I didn't expect things to be going so well.
We win the Icelandic Champions Cup, which I did expect.

May Fixtures

Valur 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Champions Cup)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 409308
A very early goal from midfielder 'Daniel Helgesson' was enough to win the 'Icelandic Champions Cup'.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-1 Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 409300
We went behind very early through an own goal, but turned things around brilliantly. Coming back to win 5-1 was very pleasing. 'Sigurdur Saeburg Juliusson' scores a hat-trick.

Keflavik 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 409298
An amazing away performance here. Keflavik are a pretty good side as well, but we made them look very lost in their own ground.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-0 Fylkir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 409297
Another amazing performance as we dispose of Fylkir. Everyone played to an exceptional standard, and we had 6 different goal scorers which was very pleasing.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-1 Vikingur R. (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 409294
A stunning performance again. I don't know where these performances are coming from to be honest. 'Sigurdur Saeburg Juliusson' was again on top form as he scored his 2nd hat-trick this month.

Fjolnir 1-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 409290
Another great performance away to 'Fjolnir'. For a time it didn't look like were going to destroy our opposition, but once we went 2-0 up we just battered them for the remainder of the game.

View attachment 409286
5 games in and already a goal difference of +24. While I expected to win all my fixtures I didn't expect to score so many goals.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 409276
'Sigurdur Saeburg Juliusson' was our best player this month, and one of the best players in the world on form for this month. 5 league games, 10 league goals, 5 league assists, 3 POM awards and an average rating of 9.36. Truly amazing.

Champions League News

View attachment 409271
We were the overachievers in the champions league campaign that has just passed.

Can we continue this amazing form?

The 15 year old Right Back will be a beast. Keep it up man, you're further along than my NI save and I really want to see you get Icelandic football to the top of the European game with the other big leagues! You can do it!

View attachment 408843

June
The brilliant performances continue
:).

June Fixtures

Lettir 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 3rd Round)
View attachment 408842
A brilliant performance again, especially as it was a team almost full of youngsters. 'Torfi Geir Agnarsson' scored a hat-trick.

Vikingur O. 1-8 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 408841
An absolutely amazing performance here as we put 8 past 'Vikingur O.' Everyone had a great game. 'Petur Orn Steindorsson' scored a hat-trick. We are scoring a lot of hat-tricks this season :).

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Valur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 408840
A very good performance as we dominate a struggling 'Valur' side and record a comfortable win.

Breidablik 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 408839
Another good performance here away to 'Breidablik'. We record a deserved 3-0 win.

Stjarnan 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 408838
A fairly good win against 'Stjarnan' who made us work for our 3 points today.

View attachment 408837
Already 7 points clear at the top after 9 games, and already a goal difference of +39.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 408836
'Indridi Thorlaksson' was our best player this month.

Will the goals continue to flow?
I plan to sell a couple of fringe players.

View attachment 408238

July
Continuing to perform very well.
Maybe not as many goals in the league, but still very comfortable wins.
It rains goals for us in Europe though
:D.
We sell 2 fringe players.

July Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Haukar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 408233
A quality performance against high flying Haukar. 'Sigurdur Saeburg Juliusson' who is an ex-haukar player manages 2 goals against his former club.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Fram (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 408230
'Torfi Geir Agnarsson' scores both goals as we beat Fram 2-0.

Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 408227
Very clinical finishing from us as we win 3-0 in a game where our opponents done well restricting the amount of chances we manage to make.

Teuta 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round / First Round)
View attachment 408227
The tie is over already as we batter our opponents 5-0 in the away leg.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Vikingur R. (Icelandic Cup 4th Round)
View attachment 408224
We smash 'Vikingur R' as we move into the quarter finals of the Icelandic Cup. We gave a debut to 18 year old academy graduate keeper 'Finnur Thordarsson' who was impressive.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 8-0 Teuta (Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round / 2nd Leg)
We win 13-0 on aggregate.
View attachment 408223
A stunning second leg performance sees us win 13-0 on aggregate. That's an amazing scoreline to record no matter who you are playing.

Selfoss 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 408222
A comfortable 3-1 win sees us into the semi-finals. We actually only missed 1 penalty, not too sure why it's saying we missed 2 penalty's in the space of 60 seconds :S.

Cliftonville 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 408221
Not the best of performances but we manage a vital away win.

View attachment 408219
We are now 11 points clear at the top, and have played a game more than most teams. Could we win the league by a record amount of points. (The record is 22 points which we done it by, back in 2020)

Player Of The Month

View attachment 408218
'Torfi Geir Agnarsson' was our best player this month.

Transfer Center

View attachment 408217
We sell 'Patrik Fors' & 'Olafur Aron Thorvaldsson' for small fees. Both players were ageing and were not getting any game time, so it's not a surprise the fees were small.

Does our form continue?
Dow we make the Champions League group stage (Which I expect us to do)
Do we have a good youth intake?

The 15 year old Right Back will be a beast. Keep it up man, you're further along than my NI save and I really want to see you get Icelandic football to the top of the European game with the other big leagues! You can do it!

I just hope the big clubs don't come in for him anytime soon. I imagine it will be tough to keep hold of him in a few years time.
I really need another Icelandic club to start making the group stages in Europe to help me out if the country is to progress. I might have to start helping out Valur a bit as they're the 2nd best Icelandic team (**shudders at the thought of helping Valur**)

I just hope the big clubs don't come in for him anytime soon. I imagine it will be tough to keep hold of him in a few years time.
I really need another Icelandic club to start making the group stages in Europe to help me out if the country is to progress. I might have to start helping out Valur a bit as they're the 2nd best Icelandic team (**shudders at the thought of helping Valur**)

Haha. Post about it if you do, I'd like to see if it actually helps them or if its just wasting money. I think the best way to help clubs is to loan players because then you know it's direct but it's hard to specifically loan guys... Maybe build up your reserves with youngsters until they are good enough for the division and offer your players to domestic clubs only on loan/transfer

View attachment 407982

August
Our good form dies off.
A lot of draws this month, as our goals dry up a bit.
We make the Champions league group stage, but make hard work of it.
Another very average youth intake.

August Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-2 Cliftonville (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
We win 3-2 on aggregate.
View attachment 407976
We record a very disappointing 2-2 draw at home to Cliftonville in the 2nd leg of the 3rd qualifying round. We go through to the playoff round with a 3-2 aggregate win.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-1 Fjolnir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 407975
Another disappointing draw as we drop points against 'Fjolnir'. These are the first dropped points for us in the league this season.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-1 Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Semi Finals)
View attachment 407973
A good win in the semi finals of the Icelandic Cup. Nice to be back to high scoring ways.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Breidablik (Icelandic Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 407972
We win the Icelandic Cup with a 1-0 win over 'Breidablik'. Midfielder 'Kjell Skarin' with the only goal of the game.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 BATE (Champions League Playoff Round / First Leg)
View attachment 407965
We got the first leg win which I expected, but I had hoped win by a higher margin.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-2 Vikingur O. (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 407955
A comfortable win at home against a relegation threatened side.

BATE 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Playoff Round / Second Leg)
We win 2-1 on aggregate.
View attachment 407951
The 1-1 draw is enough to win the tie, as we 2-1 on aggregate and make the Champions League group stage. However I'm not happy with the manner in which we negotiated our way to the group stages. I expect better.

Valur 0-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 407942
A dead game. A total lack of anything positive in this match.

View attachment 407941
We are 8 points clear at the top, but have 3 games in hand over most teams.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 407897
Central midfielder 'Kjell Skarin' was our best player this month.

Champions League Group Draw

View attachment 407896 View attachment 526764 View attachment 407982 View attachment 407895
Juventus..............Athletico Madrid............Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur..........Sparta Prague

We were drawn as 3rd seeds, and I feel we will probably finish 3rd place. 'Juventus' & 'Athletico Madrid' are both clearly better, but we are better than Sparta Prague.

Youth Intake

View attachment 407890
This was our best player of this years youth intake. I doubt he will make it for us. Just like last year we had a lot of players with 2.5 star potential. I've spent so much on our youth recruitment & youth facilities and it's fairly disappointing were not seeing any potential stars coming through.

How many points do we win the league by?