We Attack With Fire And Ice - A Knattspyrnuf?lag Reykjav?kur Story

There won't be any more updates until the weekend, as i'm up in Derbyshire until then, and I won't have time to play FM at all.

I see the prices of your players are low like mine was in Stjarnan, until year 2028. Something happened after that, league reputation was rose before so I don't know what happened but prices of players go to normal level, like in other non Icelandic clubs. Maybe 2nd team in league rise enough. I also reported this problem to SI. And I need to say you have a nice story, I'm following.

I see the prices of your players are low like mine was in Stjarnan, until year 2028. Something happened after that, league reputation was rose before so I don't know what happened but prices of players go to normal level, like in other non Icelandic clubs. Maybe 2nd team in league rise enough. I also reported this problem to SI. And I need to say you have a nice story, I'm following.

How much did the value of your players increase to when you reached 2028? It is a bit annoying that my players value isn't very high.
The only other Icelandic team looking good at the moment is Valur and they don't ever get far in Europe, so maybe if they start doing well in Europe it will help our league boost alot & help boost my players values.

Hey Kerguelen. I've been loving this story so far! c:
I've been looking to try this sort of thing (take a club in a smaller Euro nation and bring them into domestic and eventually European domination). What nation do you suggest I do? o:
Also, what nations have you set as Playable/View-Only? I'm just curious, because I want to know how you've ran the game so long without it getting bloated. xD

Hey Kerguelen. I've been loving this story so far! c:
I've been looking to try this sort of thing (take a club in a smaller Euro nation and bring them into domestic and eventually European domination). What nation do you suggest I do? o:
Also, what nations have you set as Playable/View-Only? I'm just curious, because I want to know how you've ran the game so long without it getting bloated. xD

I would suggest any Scandinavian team. Maybe Rosenborg or Molde from Norway, as they're fairly small, but decent teams.

The nations I have loaded are England up to league 2, France up to national, Germany up to second division, Holland up to jupiler league, Iceland up to first division, Italy up to serie b and Spain up to liga adelante. In total 17 leagues from 7 nations, all set as playable.

View attachment 426529
Pre-Season
A short and fairly indifferent pre-season.
A few new signings made.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Thor Akureyri 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Grindavik 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Reynir S. 0-7 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Keflavik 5-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Our pre-season started off well, but ended very disappointingly with a 5-2 loss to Keflavik. Had that loss been in the league I would have gone ballistic.

Players In

View attachment 426528
Our first signing is forward 'Juan Manuel Paredes' who comes in from Paraguayan side 'Sportivo Luqueno' for a fee of ?15K. He will be used as a rotation/backup option.

View attachment 426527
Our 2nd signing is young defensive midfielder 'Arnar Johannesson' who comes in from 'Vikingur O' for a fee of ?20k. Despite his less than impressive 2 star potential rating, I believe he could become a good player for us and have taken the chance with him.

View attachment 426526
Our 3rd signing is the key one. American midfielder 'Ryan Arce' comes in on a free transfer & will be an important player in the first team.

Transfer Center

View attachment 426525
Not too much in the outgoing section. A few players going out on loan & we sell 'Samuel Kari Fridjonsson' to 'Valerenga' for a fee of just under ?250K. He's 28 and was a rotational player, so I've decided to let him go and free up some space for a young player to get a chance.

What To Expect In The Next Update
The start of the upper league cup. How will we do?
We play 'Ajax' in the first knockout round of the Europa League. Can we record a surprise victory?

Last edited:

I would suggest any Scandinavian team. Maybe Rosenborg or Molde from Norway, as they're fairly small, but decent teams.

The nations I have loaded are England up to league 2, France up to national, Germany up to second division, Holland up to jupiler league, Iceland up to first division, Italy up to serie b and Spain up to liga adelante. In total 17 leagues from 7 nations, all set as playable.

I'll be sure to check them out!
Are there any other clubs you would suggest? o:

The great thing about KR for me is that as manager of first division Volsunger(Worst team in the first division.), I beat them 4-0 in a friendly, my first game for them. Only to get relegated 7 months later... You're doing great keep it up!

I'll be sure to check them out!
Are there any other clubs you would suggest? o:

Breidablik (Iceland), Stromsgodset (Norway) and HKJ Helsinki (Finland) might be worth having a look at. If you didn't want to manage a Scandinavian team, then maybe Leiga Warsaw (Poland) or TNS (Wales) could be worth looking at.

I'm sure if you have a look through the smaller nations you would find a decent team to do a long-term save with :).

View attachment 426259

February
A disappointing start to the new season.
We fail to even put up a fight against Ajax which annoyed me.

February Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 IBV Vestmannaeyjar (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 426256
An expected result against our first division opponents. New signing 'Juan Manuel Parades' gets 2 goals on his debut.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-2 Ajax (Europa League 1st Knockout Round / First Round)
View attachment 426252
A very poor performance means the tie is pretty much over before we even travel to Holland. We didn't even create a decent chance all much.

Stjarnan 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 426248
A good performance here as we run out 3-1 winners. 'Juan Manuel Parades' is looking very impressive as he gets on the score sheet again.

Ajax 1-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League 1st Knockout Round / Second Leg)
Ajax win 3-0 on aggregate.
View attachment 426245
The tie was pretty much over after our disappointing first leg, and we didn't do much better here as we lose 1-0. We lose 3-0 on aggregate.

Upper League Cup Group C Table

View attachment 426243
We are top of our group in the upper league cup so far. Our group is actually really easy, with 'Stjarnan' the only decent team we have to face until the knockout rounds.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 426242
New signing 'Juan Manuel Parades' has made a very positive start to his career with us, scoring 3 goals, including 2 in his debut.

More games in the upper league group stages.
Will we make any more signings?

View attachment 425815

March
A better month.
We destroy a couple of teams.

March Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Fjallabyggdar 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 425814
A good performance here as we win 3-0.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-1 Bi/Bolungarvik (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 425813
A brilliant performance as we win 6-1. Both 'Juan Manuel Paredes' & 'Olafur Aron Throvaldsson' scored 2 goals.

Handknattleiksfelag Kopavogs 0-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 425812
An even better performance as we win 6-0 away to our first division opponents. 'Juan Manuel Paredes' is looking like being one of my best signings as he's again on the score-sheet.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-1 Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 425811
A poor performance to end the month, as we are held to a draw by newly promoted 'Ithrottafelag Reykjavik'. We had enough chances to win comfortably but we failed miserably in front of goal.

Upper League Cup Group C Table

View attachment 425810
We are through to the knockout rounds with a game left, and need 1 point to confirm we win the group.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 425809
'Juan Manuel Paredes' was our best player for the 2nd month running. He's really looking like a brilliant signing.

Do we manage to win the upper league cup?

How much did the value of your players increase to when you reached 2028? It is a bit annoying that my players value isn't very high.
The only other Icelandic team looking good at the moment is Valur and they don't ever get far in Europe, so maybe if they start doing well in Europe it will help our league boost alot & help boost my players values.

Prices increased like normal non top 5 league. I say prices like in Belgium, 5-10 m for players who worth 10-15 in England. But selling them is easy 15-30M.

View attachment 425701

April
We win the Upper League Cup.
Were performing back at the level I expect.

April Fixtures

Fram 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 425700 View attachment 425699
In what was my 500th game in charge of 'KR' we convincingly win 3-0 against Fram.

View attachment 425698
We topped our group, finishing 5 points ahead of 2nd placed Fram.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Keflavik (Upper League Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 425697
A 'Vigfus Einarsson' hattrick sends us into the semi-finals.

Valur 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Semi Finals)
View attachment 425696
We beat Valur to go into the finals. We were mostly in control even before our opponents went down to 10 men.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-0 Fram (Upper League Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 425695
***** We destroy Fram as we add another 'Upper League Cup' to our name. We showed our goal-scoring quality in the team as we had a different name on the score sheet for each goal.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 425694
Tall central defender 'Lars Martinez Olsson' has been our best player this month putting in some very impressive performances.

We play Valur in the Icelandic Champions Cup. Do we win another trophy?
Do we get off to a good start in the league?

View attachment 424923

May
Another 'Icelandic Champions Cup' lost to Valur on Penalty's.
Our Premier League season starts well though.

May Fixtures

Valur 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Champions Cup)*****FINALS*****
Valur win 5-4 on penalty's.
View attachment 424922
Another 'Icelandic Champions Cup' penalty loss to 'Valur'. In fact we missed 2 penalty's (thanks Daniel Helgesson :mad:) one in open play & one in the shootout. Looks like penalty shootouts are basically a guaranteed loss for my team.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 7-0 Tindastoll (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 424921
What a way to bounce back from our 'Icelandic Champions Cup' disappointment. Newly promoted 'Tindastoll' are probably wishing they stayed in the first division after this battering.

Keflavik 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 424920
A good performance away against a decent Keflavik side. Central defender 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' seem's to be getting on the score-sheet fairly often these days.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Haukar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 424913
A decent performance against a decent side. Not much to say about this game.

Icelandic Premier League Table

View attachment 424918
We have started the league campaign as I had expected with 3 wins from 3 games.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 424915
'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' has been our best player this month, and has been very good both defensively and going forward.

A very short month with only 2 games, as Iceland are representing in the Euro's.
Only 1 league game will be played, the other game will be a cop game.

View attachment 424330

June
A short and awful month.
We are out of the Icelandic Cup already.

June Fixtures

Fram 3-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 3rd Round)
View attachment 424328
Due to pretty much all my first team playing for their respective countries in the EURO's I was forced to play a reserve squad. We went into halftime 2-0 up and everything was going well, then we just collapsed and ended up somehow losing 3-2. I was disgusted with our 2nd half showing.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-2 Knattspyrnufelag Akureyrar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 424325
We struggle to beat a relegation candidate at home which is not good enough. This is the kind of game we should easily be winning. We had all our first team players back and most of them played in this game which is why i'm so disappointed.

View attachment 424323
Despite our indifferent form so far this season, we still have 4 wins from 4 games in the league, and are top on goal difference.

A busy month.
Hopefully we can improve, as the way things are going it's only a matter of time before we start dropping silly points in the league.

View attachment 424267

July
A perfect month.
We're playing amazing football.
I bring in 1 new player & a few backup players leave.

July Fixtures

Valur 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 424266
A very good performance & win away to Valur. All 3 of our goals came from defenders.

Fjolnir 1-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 424265
After looking poor in the first 20 minutes and going behind early in the game, we turn things around with an amazing second half performance and end up winning 5-1.

Breidablik 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 424264
We carry on where we left off in the 2nd half of our last game and steamroller a decent 'Breidablik' side. All goals came in the first half and we just relaxed in the second half.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 8-0 TNS (Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 424263
We completely annihilate the 'Welsh' champions. Both 'Vigfus Einarsson' & 'Olafur Aron Thorvaldsson' managed to record hat-tricks.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-0 Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 424262
'Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur' become the 4th team in a row to concede at least 5 goals to us. We really are looking amazing right now.

TNS 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
We win 10-0 on aggregate.
View attachment 424261
We done all the hard work (if you could call it that) in the first leg, and could just relax in the away tie. We win 10-0 on aggregate.

Vikingur O. 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 424260
A comfortable 3-1 win for us. New signing 'Olli Nygard' gets on the score-sheet in his debut. He played very well and ended up winning the man of the match award.

Grasshoppers 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / First Leg)

View attachment 424259
A very good win against a team considered slightly better than me. We were dominant throughout and fully deserved to win 3-1. I'm very confident about the 2nd leg. (I wasn't feeling confident about this tie before kick-off)

View attachment 424258
We are currently top and 3 points ahead of 2nd placed Valur.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 424257
'Juan Manuel Parades' has continued to be brilliant, and was once more the best player of the month.
Transfer Center

View attachment 424254
Our new signing 'Olli Nigard' come's in from Finnish side 'FC Inter Turku' fora compensation fee of ?400. Yes four hundred pounds. What a bargain he could prove to be.

View attachment 424250
I terminated the contract of 'Arnor Ingi Traustason' as he's in his final year of his contract, 31 years old, and complaining about the lack of first team football.
Midfielder 'Steinar Gunnarsson' leaves for a fee of ?235K and heads of to Italian Serie B side 'Cremonese'.
We let a few players leave on loan to get some first team football.

Can we keep up our brilliant form?
Will we make the group stage of the Champions League?
Will we get a good youth intake this year?

View attachment 423797

August
Our frustrating indifferent form is back.
We fail to make the Champions League group stage & have to settle for Europa League.

August Fixtures

Stjarnan 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 423795
Not the best of performance's here, and our shooting was awful. The main thing is we still managed to pick up the 3 points we came here for.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Grasshoppers (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
We win 6-1 on aggregate.
View attachment 423794
A brilliant performance, just like in the first leg. We win 6-1 on aggregate. I had expected to struggle to get past this team, but we didn't have many problems at all.

Haukar 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 423793
We were dominant throughout the match, and I don't know how we only won 2-1. It really could and should have been 5 or 6 goals for us.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-0 Keflavik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 423792
A very disappointing draw at home to Keflavik. Good thing Valur lost their game otherwise they would have only been a point behind us.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-2 Petrolul (Champions League Playoff Round / First Leg)
View attachment 423790
Awful, Awful, Awful. No excuses for losing this game. It's going to be hard to get through now.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-0 Vikingur O. (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 423789
A very good performance as we smash relegation threatened 'Vikingur O'.

Petrolul 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Playoff Round / Second Leg)
Petrolul wil 3-2 on aggregate.
View attachment 423788
Maybe the less said about this the better. We should have made the Champions League group stages, yet we have to settle for the Europa League group stages.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-2 Valur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 423787
A very important win, possibly the most important win of the season. Had we lost Valur would have gone top, although we would still of had a game in hand. We won so we go 4 points clear at the top with a game in hand. I doubt we will fail to win the title from here even with our inconsistent form.

View attachment 423786
We are 4 points clear at the top with a game in hand over 2nd placed Valur.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 423784
Central midfielder 'Daniel Helgesson' was our best player this month.

Europa League Group Stage Draw

View attachment 423783 View attachment 423781 View attachment 423797 View attachment 423780
Inter Milan........................SC Heerenveen..............Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur..........Atromitos

Pretty much what I expected from a Europa League group. 'Inter' will definitely win this group, while 'Atromitos' will almost certainly finish bottom. It will be between ourselves & 'SC Heerenveen' (Who are probably slightly better than us) to see who makes it to the knockout rounds.

Youth Intake
I'm not sure what's happening here. Our youth intakes have just been awful in recent years. Again no-one had a potential of more than 2 stars and the players with the 2 star potential still looked awful. All trials were terminated again.

Despite having a relatively poor season so far, surely we won't fail to win the league.

View attachment 423286

September
Our frustrating form is still around.
We still win the league though.
'Juan Manuel Paredes' to miss this month with injury.

September Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-1 Fylkir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 423285
A very poor performance as we struggle to draw with relegation threatened Fylkir. Had it not been for a deflected late goal we would have lost.

Knattspyrnufelag Akureyrar 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 423284
This performance was 1000% better as we smash a mid-table side. Now why can't we always perform like this?

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Breidablik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 423283
A good performance here, especially in the first half as we run out 3-0 winners against a decent side.

Tindastoll 1-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 423282
We smash struggling 'Tindastoll' as we edge closer to the title. 'Olafur Aron Thorvaldsson' & 'Atli Sigurjonsson' both score 2 goals in this victory.

Inter Milan 2-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League Group J)
View attachment 423281
We were unlucky to come away with nothing against Inter.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-0 Stjarnan (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 423279
Had we of won this the league would have been confirmed. However we were awful in front of goal and never looked like scoring.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Fjolnir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 423278
We confirm that the league is ours for the 6th year running with a 3-0 win over Fjolnir.

Fylkir 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 423277
Fylkir score with their only shot of their game as we draw with them again. Our domination of the game came to nothing.

Ithrottafelag Reykjavikur 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 423276
Despite completely dominating the game and having enough decent chances to win 11-0 we only manage a 1-0 against the team who finished bottom of the league.

View attachment 423275
We win the league by 7 points, but I still think things could have gone alot better for us if we were more consistent.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 423274
'Indridi Thorlaksson' was our best player this month.

A review of this season.

View attachment 422046

Season Review
A very indifferent season.
We do manage to do the double.
Failing to make the Champions League group stage annoyed me.

Stats

View attachment 422044
No strikers were in the top 4 for goals. Juan Manuel Paredes was our top league scorer with 9 goals in 14 appearances. He probably would have got a few more had he not missed over a month with injury.
Indridi Thorlaksson had the best rating over the league campaign with an average rating of 8.19.
Indridi Thorlaksson also had the most assists in the league with 11. Juan Manuel Paredes had 9 assists.

Fair Play Award

View attachment 422040
We were the fairest team in the league this year.

Team Of The Year

View attachment 422039
We had 7 players in the team of the year this time. I guess it's because I didn't rotate the squad as much this year.

Manager Of The year

View attachment 422038
I was the manager of the year this year.

Our Player Of The Year

View attachment 422035
Juan Manuel Parades was our player of the year. The young Paraguayan striker had an amazing first season in Iceland.

Our Young Player Of The Year

View attachment 422032
Hugo Fernandez (The other Paraguayan player in our team) was our young player of the year. Hugo is going to be an star in a few years time, i'm sure of it.

Icelandic Trophy Winners

Upper League Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Champions Cup - Valur
Icelandic Cup - Fjardabyggd
Icelandic Premier League - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

History Up Until Now (12 Seasons With KR)

YearUpper League CupIcelandic Champions CupIcelandic CupIcelandic Premier LeagueEuropa LeagueChampions League
2013Semi-FinalsWinnersWinnersWinners2nd Qualifying RoundN/A
2014Semi-FinalsWinnersWinners3rdN/A2nd Qualifying Round
2015Quarter-FinalsLostQuarter-Finals3rd2nd Qualifying RoundN/A
2016WinnersN/AWinnersWinnersPlayoff RoundN/A
2017WinnersLostWinnersWinnersGroup StagePlayoff Round
2018WinnersLostRunners Up2ndGroup StagePlayoff Round
2019Quarter-FinalsWinnersWinnersWinners3rd Qualifying RoundN/A
2020WinnersWinnersWinnersWinnersPlayoff Round3rd Qualifying Round
2021Quarter-FinalsWinnersWinnersWinnersN/AGroup Stage
2022WinnersLost3rd RoundWinnersN/AGroup Stage
2023WinnersWinnersWinnersWinners1st Knockout Round Group Stage
2024WinnersLost3rd RoundWinnersGroup StagePlayoff Round