We Attack With Fire And Ice - A Knattspyrnuf?lag Reykjav?kur Story

View attachment 439046

**Please Note I am Not The Manager Of Iceland.**

Iceland Qualify For The Euros

Iceland, now managed by 'Runar Kristinsson' (who still holds the record as the most capped Icelandic player) have qualified for the Euros for the first time in their history after beating Finland in the playoffs.

Iceland's Euro Qualifying Group

View attachment 439038
Iceland managed to qualify for the Euro's via the playoffs after finishing 3rd in a group that contained tough opponents including Holland.

Iceland 5-1 Finland (Euro Championship Qualification Playoff Round / First Leg)
View attachment 439043
Iceland destroy Finland 5-1 in the first leg and look certain to qualify for the Euros.

Finland 2-0 Iceland
(Euro Championship Qualification Playoff Round / Second Leg) Iceland win 5-3 on aggregate.
View attachment 439042
Iceland lose 2-0 in the 2nd leg but it doesn't matter as Iceland qualify with a 5-3 aggregate win.

View attachment 439034 View attachment 439033
I knew Iceland were looking quite strong with a fair amount of good young players, but I wasn't expecting them qualify for a major tournament so soon. I had though in 4 years time they could do it, but they've managed now. It will be interesting to see how they do when it starts.

Iceland's Group For The Euro's

View attachment 439030
This is not a bad group at all for Iceland. I expect Portugal to win the group easily, but with the other opponents being Ireland & Wales, I don't see why Iceland can't finish 2nd.
We'll see how it goes when the tournament starts in next June.

What To Expect In The Next Update

Preview of the upcoming season (which will be my 8th season at KR)

View attachment 438968

Pre-Season
A good pre-season.
A few new faces at the club.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Hottur 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Selfoss 2-8 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Kormakur/Hvot 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Thor Akureyri 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-1 Astra giurgiu

Knattspyrnufelag Akureyrar 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Aron Bjkari Josepsson Testimonial

View attachment 438967 View attachment 438966
After being a brilliant servant at the club & a quality player for me, I decided to give Aron Josepsson a testimonial to show how much we appreciate what he's done for the club. The central defender has now been with us for 11 years, and I hope he will retire at the club.

Aron Josepsson's Stats & Career History
View attachment 438965 View attachment 438964

Players In

View attachment 438963
Our first signing is Samuel Kari Fridjonsson who joins us from recently relegated Vikingur O for a fee of ?10K. He will mainly be used as a rotation/backup player & should get a fair amount of game time in cup matches.

View attachment 438962
Our 2nd signing is Vigfus Einarsson who comes in from Haukar for a record fee of ?46K. A striker was a priority after I sold one of my attackers mid-way through last season. He will go into the starting XI & partner Gary Martin.

View attachment 438961
Our 3rd signing is the best of them all and a player who could easily play at a much higher level. We bring in Indridi Thorlaksson on a free transfer from Rosenborg. He left the Norwegian giants as he wanted to move to a bigger club, yet he joins us, and I don't think were bigger than Rosenborg. He is on 5.5K a week on wages which makes him our top earner by some distance, but I know he will be worth his wages.

Transfer Center

View attachment 438960
The only outgoing of real note is Sevrrir Ingi Ingason going back to Stjarnan on a free. He had joined us 2 years ago on a free transfer, but unfortunately things didn't work out & he wasn't getting much game time. The remainder of the outgoings were loan's and 1 reserve player leaving on a free.

What To Expect In The next Update

The start of the upper league cup. Can we get off to a good start?

Well done mate, some great success you've had. Keep up the great work. :D

View attachment 438794

February
A convincing start to the upper league cup group stage.
New signings are playing well, especially Vigfus Einarsson.

February Fixtures

Throttur R. 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 438791
A easy 3-0 victory against our opponents of much smaller stature. Vigfus Einarsson gets a goal on his debut.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Vikingur R. (Upper League Cup group Stage)
View attachment 438789
Another easy win as expected against another much smaller team. 2 goals from central defender Lars Martinez Olsson was pleasing to see.

Breidablik 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 438788
Our better finishing was the difference in a difficult fixture against a decent side.

Icelandic Upper League Group A Table

View attachment 438775
We top the group at this early stage & are the only team in our to take full points from the first 3 fixtures.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 438774
The giant defender Lars Martinez Olsson was our best player this month, being a rock in a defense that didn't concede in the 3 games played & managing to get 2 goals for himself.

How early can we qualify for the knockout rounds?

View attachment 438673

March
Were still playing fairly well, although not a well as in February.

March Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Volsungur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 438672
An easy win against a first division side.

Fram 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 438671
Our most difficult fixture in the group & we done just enough to come away with the victory that puts us into the knockouts with 2 group games remaining. Central defender Lars Martinez Olsson with another goal.

Knattspyrnugelag Reykjavikur 2-2 Ithrottabandalag Akraness (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 438670
We were very poor defensively here as we gifted our opponents both of their goals.

Icelandic Upper League Group A Table

View attachment 438669
We just need a point in our last game to be sure we top our group.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 438668
Lars Martinez Olsson was our best player for the 2nd month in a row.

Will we win the upper league cup?

View attachment 438657

April
A very entertaining month.
Goals galore.
We win the upper league cup
:).

April Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Reynir S. (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 438656
We easily beat 'Reynir S' with all of our4 goals being scored by new striker Vigfus Einarsson. What a signing he's turning out to be.

View attachment 438655
6 wins & 1 draw sees us win the group with ease.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Handknattleiksfelag Kopavogs (Upper League Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 438654
It wasn't a very good performance but we got the win which we needed. Steingrimur Egilsson scoring a lovely free-kick to get us into the semi-finals.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-2 Valur (Upper League Cup Semi-Finals)
View attachment 438653
After going 2 goals up I was expecting to have a fairly easy time, but I should have remembered we are playing 'Valur' & nothing's easy when we play them. They managed to get back on level terms & were looking very threatening until star signing 'Indridi Thorlaksson' stepped up and scored 2 world class free-kicks to put us into the finals.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-3 Stjarnan [Extra Time] (Upper League Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 438652
We Win!! We won what was a very crazy final. After going 2-0 up we were again pegged back to 2-2. We made it 3-2 and looked like winning it in normal time but Stjarnan never gave up & scored a last minute goal to take the game to extra time. Gary Martin got us the winner in the second half of extra.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 438650
Our new striker 'Vigfus Einarsson' was our best player this month after being deadly in-front of goal.

We face Stjarnan in the Icelandic Champions Cup. Can we get our 2nd trophy of the season?
Will we get off to a good start in the league?

View attachment 438392

May
A decent start to the league campaign.
We win the Icelandic champions cup.

May Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Stjarnan (Icelandic Champions Cup)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 438391
We beat Stjarnan again to claim our 2nd trophy of the season. We dominated from start to finish and our 3-0 victory was deserved.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Ithrottabandalag Akraness (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 438390
We start the premier league campaign with a dominant performance against our local rivals. Club legend Gary Martin getting a hat-trick.

Breidablik 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 438389
A good away win in a game we controlled from start to finish.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-1 keflavik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 438388
Very disappointed to draw at home to a mid-table side. Even though we had alot more possession we just didn't look very threatening.

Icelandic Premier League Table

View attachment 438387
We are 4th in the table although we have played 1 game less than most other teams. Our league fixture against Stjarnan was postponed.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 438385
The amazing Gary Martin was our best player this month, scoring 6 goals in 4 games & performing brilliantly.

What To Expect In The Next Month

Will our good performances continue?
Will Gary Martin continue his amazing form?

Last edited:
View attachment 438174
June
A brilliant month, rspecially as I was missing some key players who were representing their countries at the Euros.
'Runar Alex Runarsson', 'Gudmunder Reynir Gunnarsson', 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason', 'Steingrimur Egilsson' & 'Lars Martinez Olsson' were all at the the Euros for our first 2 June games.

June Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Fylkir (Icelandic Cup 3rd Round)
View attachment 438173
A good performance & comfortable win sees us into the next round of the Icelandic Cup.

Fimleikafelag Hafnarjaroar 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 438170
A brilliant win against a decent side considering the amount of key players i'm currently missing.

Haukar 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 438165
We easily dispatched of Hauker as our good start to the league campaign continues. We were boosted by the fact all our key players are back after their countries failed to go far in the Euros.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Stjarnan (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 438164
We went behind early and I though we may have our first loss of the season, but we turned things around and ran out comfortable 4-1 winners. 'Steingrimur Egilsson' scored a marvelous & Gary Martin was also once again on the score-sheet

Icelandic Premier League

View attachment 438162
I get the feeling this is going to end up a 2 horse race between ourselves & Valur. We have both started very well.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 438161
Steingrimur Egilsson was our best player this month. He only played the last 2 games of the month due to representing Iceland at the Euros but he was brilliant in the 2 games he played.

In what will be a very busy July can we keep up our good form?

Incredible story mate!! Just read it all just now... Hopefully this year you can get into the CL Group Stages to give you that financial backing. Will follow keenly.

Incredible story mate!! Just read it all just now... Hopefully this year you can get into the CL Group Stages to give you that financial backing. Will follow keenly.

Thanks :) glad you enjoyed reading it.. Even if I only get to the Europa league group stages i'll be happy as the prize money there will still give the club a good financial boost.

View attachment 437802

**Please Note I Am Not The Manager Of Iceland**

Iceland At The Euros
Unfortunately Iceland didn't do much at the Euros :(. Here are their results.

Iceland 1-1 Ireland (European Championship Group Stage)
View attachment 437801

Portugal 2-2 Iceland (European Championship Group Stage)
View attachment 437800

Wales 1-0 Iceland (European Championship Group Stage)
View attachment 437799

Iceland's Group

View attachment 437798
I really thought Iceland could make it out of this group, but it wasn't to be. Still the Iceland have overachieved just by making it here, and hopefully making it to the these tournaments can soon be a regular thing.

Our only player to start in any of the games was left-back 'Gudmunder Reynir Gunnarsson'.

I doubt the job will become available anytime soon, so I don't see myself becoming Iceland's manager in the next few years at least.

The next update will be the July update. I thought it would be better to put Iceland's Euro Championship campaign in first
:D.

View attachment 437797

July
Another good month
We still remain unbeaten, however we were not very good in Europe.

July Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Fylkir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 437796
An easy win against a Fylkir side who appeared to lack discipline. Central defender 'Atli Dagur Snorrason' who I signed 2 seasons ago finally makes his debut after a series of loan spells & has a debut to remember scoring a goal and winning the man of the match award.

Fjolnir 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 437794
A decent win against a side who gave me some problems last season.

Grindavik 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 437793
An easy away win against newly promoted Grindavik.

AEL Limassol 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 437790
We win what was a very dull first leg with a late goal from Tomas Shala. I had hoped for a more comfortable victory, but the main thing is we have won the first leg.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Fimleikafelag Hafnarjaroar (Icelandic Cup 4th Round)
View attachment 437789
A good performance and victory against a fairly good side sees us into the quarter finals of the Icelandic Cup.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-1 AEL Limassol (Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
View attachment 437788
A poor performance in the second leg, but we still go through to the next qualifying round with a 2-1 aggregate win.

Fjolnir 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 437787
A second win in a short space of time against Fjolnir. We played well, especially 'Indridi Thorlaksson' who got on the score-sheet twice. Into the semi-finals we go.

Ludogorets 0-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 437785
A poor performance here, which means there's no margin for error in the 2nd leg. We need to win in the 2nd leg if we are to progress in this competition.

View attachment 437784
We are 4 points clear at the top, however we have played a game more than Valur who can close the gap to a single point. It definitely looks like only us and Valur will be fighting for the title.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 437782
Central defender 'Grimur Bjorn Atlason' has been solid as a rock this month. I'm glad he's still here & happy again after wanting to leave for a bigger club a few months ago.

Games galore. How will we cope with a overloaded fixture list?

Definitely, but to get the the CL will boost you to the next level. Your 2 young centre backs look immense.

Definitely, but to get the the CL will boost you to the next level. Your 2 young centre backs look immense.

My center backs are definitely 2 of my best players, along with midfielder Indridi Thorlaksson. I hope to bring in a few more players of that quality so we can really progress in Europe.
I'm very happy Grimur Bjorn Atlason has become so good as he came through my youth academy :D.

View attachment 437442

August
Another brilliant month domestically :).
Still unbeaten in the league.
Failed to get past the qualifying rounds in Europe
:(.

August Fixtures

Fram 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 437467
We dominated, but didn't get too many clear cut chances due to Fram deciding to try and park the bus for 90 minutes. A piece of magic from 'Atli Sigurjonsson' got us the 3 points.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-3 Ludogrotes (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
Ludogroates win on away goals.
View attachment 437466
We were just not good enough. We needed a win, but failed & were awful defensively. Hopefully we get an easy draw in the Europa League playoff draw.

Ithrottabandalag Akraness 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 437464
Thanks to our opponents calamitous defending we didn't have to do much to achieve our 4-0 win.

Valur 2-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Semi-Finals)
View attachment 437453
We overcome Valur in a fairly tough fixture to get into the finals of the Icelandic cup where we will play Breidablik.

Breidablik 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 437452
We Done It!! That's the treble. We manage to get the goal with the only shot on target during the match, thanks to 'Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson'. Our shooting was poor but we got the goal that mattered.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Fimleikafelag Hafnarjaroar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 437451
A good win against a decent team extends our unbeaten run in the league.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-1 Real Sociedad (Europa League Playoff Round / First Leg)
View attachment 437450
I feared we would be battered after being drawn against a much stronger side, but held our own and surprisingly managed to come away with a first leg victory. Going into the away leg we have a chance to get through, a slim chance, but still a chance.

Stjarnan 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 437449
We were somewhat fortunate to get a victory here, but i'm pleased we got the result we needed even though it was undeserved.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Valur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 437448
An important 3 points in the title race for us. 'Atli Sigurjonsson' scores 2 penalty's to help seal our victory.

Real Sociedad 3-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Europa League Playoff Round / Second Leg)
View attachment 437447
Real Socieded just prove to be far too strong for us, and overturn the first leg to beat us 4-2 on aggregate :(. We'll just have to try again next year.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-1 Fjolnir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 437446
We take out our frustration of failing in Europe out on poor Fjolnir who just didn't stand a chance. Central defender 'Lars Martinez Olsson' manages to score a hat-trick. Strangely enough Fjolnir are actually doing very well in the league.

View attachment 437445
After another great month domestically the league is pretty much ours. Even if we have a poor September, I can't see us failing to win the league which will see us achieve an amazing quadruple (which will be my first even in FM).

Player Of The Month

View attachment 437444
Lars Martinez was brilliant for us this month, as he has been all season. Getting a hat-trick against Fjolnir was the icing on the cake.

Youth Intake

View attachment 437443
In recent seasons we seem to be getting the short end of the stick when it comes to youth players. Again we had a poor youth intake and Orn Kristinsson looks like the only one who may be good enough to be a backup player in the future.

Do we achieve the quadruple or implode dramatically?

Last edited:
View attachment 437219

September
We win the league to complete a stunning quadruple.
We do end up losing a game so we don't record an unbeaten league season.

September Fixtures

Keflavik 0-3 Knattspyrnuflag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 437200
A good win over Keflavik. Gabriel Ingi Agnarsson grabbing 2 goals. He's injury problems haven't been so severe this season, so hopefully he will start getting alot more game time.

Fylkir 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 437218
And now the league is ours :). We still have 5 games left to play but it's mathematically ours already.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-2 Breidablik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 437216
And as soon as we wrap up the league we go and lose at home to Breidbalik. Typical. No unbeaten league season for us.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Grindavik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 437214
An easy win over relegation threatened Grindavik. We had 76% possession in the game & our opponents were just chasing shadows for 90 minutes.

Valur 2-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 437210
A very good away win. good to see my players are still working hard on the pitch despite having nothing left to play for in these last few matches ;).

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Haukar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 437207
A decent performance & a 2-0 win. We probably could & should have won by a higher margin considering Haukar had a man sent off early in the game.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Fram (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 437204
A brilliant way to end a brilliant season as we destroy Fram.

View attachment 437202
For a while now I knew we would win the league, but I never though it would be by this margin. 22 points the gap between us & 2nd place Fram. This season has just been amazing.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 437201
Indridi Thorlaksson was our best player this month, with his pace, skill & creativity destroying opposition defenses.

A review of a season which i'm now running out of words to describe how good it's been.

Unlucky in Europe man, have any other Icelandic teams turned pro yet?

View attachment 437033

Season Review
An amazing season, as we do the quadruple.
We only dropped 5 points in the whole league campaign.

Stats

View attachment 437032
Gary martin came joint 2nd in the goal scoring charts with 11 goals. A long way behind the leagues top scorer how managed 18 goals.
We had the top 4 best rated players over the season. Lars Martinez Olsson being the highest rared with an average of 7.71.
We didn't have anyone in the top assists this year. I guess everyone made a fair few assists
:).

Fair Play Award

View attachment 437031
We were the fairest team in the league only picking up 8 yellow cards in the 22 league fixtures.

Team Of The Year
View attachment 437030
For the 4th year in a row we had 7 players in the team of the year.

Manager Of The Year

View attachment 437028
I was the manager of the year this year, which comes as little surprise to me ;).

Our Player Of The Year

View attachment 437025 View attachment 437024
Lars Martinez Olsson was our best player this year (even though Gary Martin was officially the fans player of the year). The defender also won the award for Icelandic footballer of the year.

Our Young Player Of The Year

View attachment 437019 View attachment 437018
Steingrimur Egilsson was our best young player this year having now having established himself as a key player. The young midfielder also won the award for the Icelandic young player of the year.

Icelandic Trophy Winners

Upper League Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Champions Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Premier League - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

History Up Until Now (8 seasons with KR

YearUpper League CupIcelandic Champions CupIcelandic CupIcelandic Premier LeagueEuropa LeagueChampions League
2013Semi-FinalsWinnersWinnersWinners2nd Qualifying RoundN/A
2014Semi-FinalsWinnersWinners3rdN/A2nd Qualifying Round
2015Quarter FinalsLostQuarter Finals3rd2nd Qualifying RoundN/A
2016WinnersN/AWinnersWinnersPlayoff RoundN/A
2017WinnersLostWinnersWinnersGroup StagePlayoff Round
2018WinnersLostRunners Up2ndGroup StagePlayoff Round
2019Quarter FinalsWinnersWinnersWinners3rd Qualifying RoundN/A
2020WinnersWinnersWinnersWinnersPlayoff Round3rd Qualifying Round

A preview of next season where I hope we continue our brilliant work.

Last edited:
View attachment 436780

Pre-Season
A decent pre-season.
Didn't get to strengthen my squad as much as I'd have liked.

Pre Season Fixtures

Volsunger 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Selfoss 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Throttur R. 0-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Haukar 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Astra Giurgiu

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Jablonec

Tindastoll 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Overall a positive set of results. I was very disappointed to draw with 'Throttur R' who are a pretty weak side. A couple of good wins against 'Astra Giurgiu' & Jablonec who are considered on the same level as us.

Players In

View attachment 436777
Our first signing is 'Georg Heimisson' who cost ?32K from Breidablik. This player is definitely 1 for the future, but he will get a run out in the cup games & some of the easier fixtures.

View attachment 436774
Our other signing is 'Isak Orn Gudmundsson' who again comes from Breidablik. He joins on a free transfer after his contract ran out.

Transfer Center

View attachment 436773
Some backup players who were never going to get any playing time left after their contract's ran out. 'Tomas Shala' left to join German side 'Dresden' for a fee of ?150K. He was our second highest wage earner so it's not exactly a bad thing to see him go.

The start of the Upper League Cup.