We Attack With Fire And Ice - A Knattspyrnuf?lag Reykjav?kur Story

View attachment 436718

February
A convincing start to the upper league cup.
Only 2 matches played but goals galore so far.

February Fixtures

Njardvik 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 436717
A dominant start with a convincing 4-0 win over a first division side.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 7-0 Grotta (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 436716
After we went ahead via an own goal the outlook was very bleak for my opponents. We proceeded to batter them in all areas of the pitch and recorded a 7-0 win.

Icelandic Upper League Group C Table
View attachment 436715
It's been a perfect start for us so far, lets hope it continues.

What To Expect In The Next Update
Will we continue to score goals for fun?

View attachment 436673

March
High scoring games continue.
We are still scoring goals for fun.

March Fixtures

Stjarnan 3-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 436672
We come out on top in a crazy game. Gray Martin get's a hat-trick as our high scoring games continue.

Breidablik 2-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 436671
Another good away win against a fairly good side. Vigfus Einarsson played very well and scored 2 goals.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-0 Fjolnir (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 436670
We smash 'Fjolnir' as we just can't seem to stop scoring at the moment :). Central defender Lars Martinez Olsson scores 2 goals.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Leiknir R. (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 436669
We batter our first division opponents to confirm we are through to the knockout rounds with a game to spare.

Icelandic Upper League Group C Table

View attachment 436668
We've had less trouble with this group than I expected as we faced a couple of fairly good sides in Stjarnan & Breidablik. We need 1 point in our last game to confirm we are winners of the group.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 436667
Our best player this month was Gary Martin who has been an assassin in-front of goal.

Can we win the Upper League Cup?
Is there any more additions to the squad?

View attachment 436564

April
A very poor & unfortunate month.
A ridiculous amount of injuries in a short space of time.

April Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Ithrottabandalag Akraness (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 436563
We win our last game in the group stages 4-0 to confirm we we have scored 4 goals in every group game so far.

View attachment 436562
We won the group with ease & scored 32 goals in just 7 games.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-3 Haukar (Upper League Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 436561
We crash out to Haukar. To only have 4 shots on target out of the 21 taken is unacceptable. To make things worse captain Finnur Margeirsson will be out for up to 4 months with a torn groin muscle. Ouch!!.

Injury List

View attachment 436559
In the space of just under 2 weeks I lose 8 players. 7 of the injuries occurred in training. With 5 of the injuries being to defenders or defensive midfielders I will need to enter the transfer market to find at least 1 replacement.

New Signing

View attachment 436556
We bring in Swedish defensive midfielder 'Patrik Fors' in on a free transfer.

Transfer Center

View attachment 436551
I decided not to bring anyone else in for now. If any more injuries occur that will probably change.

How will our injury plagued squad fare as the league campaign starts?
Will we be able to win the Icelandic champions cup with a depleted squad?

View attachment 436338

May
Unrest in the squad as 3 key players want to leave for bigger clubs :(.
We win every game this month despite not being at our best.

May Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Fram (Icelandic Champions Cup)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 436336
We beat Fram to claim our first piece of silverware this season. Both goals coming from Atli Sigurjonsson.

Haukar 1-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 436335
We start the premier league campaign by getting revenge over Haukar who kicked us out of the upper league cup. Vigfus Einarsson played very well & got himself a hat-trick.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Keflavik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 436334
We were very poor in this game & only got the 3 points via an own goal. We did have most of the possession & more shots but were simply put disappointing.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-0 Stjarnan (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 436333
A better performance against a decent side. Atli Sigurjonsson scoring the only goal of the match.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-1 Fjolnir (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 436332
Not the best of performances, but we done enough to take the 3 points.

Vikingur O. 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 436331
A good performance and a 2-0 win but it could have been even more if we were more clinical.

Icelandic Premier League Table

View attachment 436328
We have won our first 5 league fixtures & although we haven't performed as well as we can, we still are getting the job done.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 436327
Vigfus Einarsson was our best player this month & he scored 5 goals in 5 games.

New Chairman
We have a new chairman (President) at the club. Elections took place this month, but this year our old chairman didn't want to stay at the club, and now we have someone new. There's no plans for any new investment, so nothing out of the ordinary will be taking place. Don't expect to see any 'Lionel Messi' like players in the near future lol.

Will our performances become more convincing as we get most of our players back from injury?

Last edited:
View attachment 436302

June
We remain unbeaten in the league.
Our injury list is looking much more normal now.

June Fixtures

Vikingur O. 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur [Extra Time] (Upper League Cup 3rd Round )
View attachment 436301
On another day we could have been out of the Icelandic cup before it really got started. We had alot of possession but kept taking shots from about 30 yards out which were never going to trouble the keeper. 'Indridi Thorlaksson' got us through to the next round in literally the last seconds of extra time.

Vikingur R. 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 436300
A decent performance sees us win 2-0 in a game where our opponents never looked like threatening us.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-0 Valur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 436299
Now that's the kind of performance I like to see. We destroyed our rivals and ran out 4-0 winners.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-1 Breidablik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 436298
A disappointing draw at home to Breidablik sees us drop 2 points. Our opponents equalizer came from 1 of my ex-players 'Emil Atlason'.

Fimleikafelag Hafnarjaroar 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 436297
Games against 'FH' are never easy so I'm satisfied to get a 2-1 win after going behind. 'Bjorn Jonsson' who's been performing really well this season scored both of our goals.

View attachment 436296
Only 9 games in and it looks like it's between us & Valur again.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 436295
Central defender 'Lars Martinez Olsson' has been our best player this month with his solid defensive displays.

How will we fare in what looks to be a very busy July.

View attachment 436216

July
A brilliant month.
We give a few teams a hammering.
Doing well so far in Europe as well.

July Fixtures

Ithrottabandalag Akraness 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 436215
We smash our rivals as our unbeaten start to the league continues. 'Bjorn Jonsson' who's surprising me with his very good performances scores a hat-trick.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Fram (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 436214
A brilliant performance as we smash struggling Fram.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Haukar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 436213
Another very good performance as we brush aside a fairly good 'Haukar' side. Our keeper managed to save a penalty as well :).

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 6-0 TNS (Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 436212
We smash our Welsh opponents and pretty much put the tie to bed before the second leg. It could have been an even higher scoreline had we not missed a penalty.

Haukar 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 4th Round)
View attachment 436210
A strong performance sees us get through to the quarter finals of the Icelandic Cup as we beat 'Haukar' for the 2nd time this month. Gary Martin scoring both of the goals.

TNS 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
We win 8-0 on aggregate.
View attachment 436209
We done everything in the first leg, but still performed fairly well & won 2-0. Therefore we win 8-0 on aggregate. It again could have been higher but 'Indridi Thorlaksson' again missed a penalty.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-2 Maccabi Tel Aviv (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / First Leg)
View attachment 436205
We played fairly well against a tough opposition and we have a good chance of progressing if we perform well in the 2nd leg. The 2 away goals our opponents hold mean the 2nd leg won't be easy. 'Gary Martin' again got 2 goals for us.

Fjolnir 1-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Quarter Finals)
View attachment 436201
We go through to the semi-finals of the Icelandic Cup with a convincing win. 'Bjorn Jonsson' again scores 2 goals. I don't know know where his form has come but i'm very much liking it.

View attachment 436198
We are 6 points clear at the top, but Valur can reduce that to just 3 points if they win their game in hand. Keflavik are doing really well this season & find themselves in 3rd.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 436197
Young right back 'Thor Hauksson' has been our best player this month, constantly putting in brilliant defensive performance's and bursting runs down the right wing. Hauksson is a player from my academy who I never though would be any good but & I was ready to release him last year, but my coaching staff thought highly of him so I decided to keep him. I am so glad I kept him.

Will we start to run away with the league like last year?
Will we win the Icelandic Cup?
Youth Intake is next month, so will we get any potential superstars?

Last edited:
View attachment 435911

August
Another brilliant month both domestically & in Europe.
We actually have a good youth intake this year.

August Fixtures

Maccabi Tel Aviv 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round / Second Leg)
We win 6-3 on aggregate.
View attachment 435910
Another good performance sees us get through this tricky tie. We win 6-3 on aggregate. We are now through to the champions league playoff round.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-0 Vikingur O. (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 435908
We smash 'Vikingur O' as our brilliant performances continue. Bjorn Jonsson & Lars Martinez Olsson both managed to get 2 goals.

Handknattleiksfelag Kopavogs 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Semi Finals)
View attachment 435903
We were given a run for our money by our First Division opponents, but we are through to the finals with goals from Atli Dagur Snorrason & Vigfus Einarsson.

IBV Vestmannaeyjar 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 435900
What A Performance!! We turn on a brilliant performance to embarrass our opponents in the finals. Our performance fully deserved the 5-0 victory.

FC Kobenhavn 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Playoff Round / First Leg)
View attachment 435898
We were handed a tough tie against the Danish champions & it was a very even game. We take away a very valuable 1-0 win going into the 2nd leg.

Fjolnir 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 435897
A good win, especially as our previous game was just 2 days ago & we were looking fairly tired. The game was fairly even but our better finishing sealed the victory.

Breidablik 0-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 435886
We play out a fairly dull game against Breidablik who we don't seem to do very well against. Definitely 2 points dropped.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-2 FC Kobenhavn (Champions League Playoff Round / Second Leg)
We win 3-2 on aggregate.
View attachment 435882
We've Done In!! We have made our way into the group stages of the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE!!!! It was a very nervy game but we held on with a 2-2 draw to go through with a 3-2 aggregate win.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 5-0 Vikingur R (Icelandic Premier league)
View attachment 435876
We smash another team 5-0. This time it's 'Vikingur R' who are on the end of a heavy defeat.

View attachment 435869
We're starting to run away with the league again. We are 6 points ahead of 2nd place Valur, but have 2 games in hand. If we win those we extend our lead to 12 points.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 435868
Again Lars Martinez Olsson was just amazing. In the league he's average rating is 8.01 which tells you how consistent he's been.

Champions League group Draw

View attachment 435863 View attachment 435862 View attachment 463286 View attachment 435911
Chelsea F.C........................Inter Milan................Olympique De Marsielle.......Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

This is the group of death. Well there's a group that could have been worse containing PSG & Barcelona but that't not the point. I can see us taking a few batterings. If we manage to score a goal in this group it will be an achievement.

Prize Money

View attachment 435861
A nice ?7.26mil in the bank does wonders to our finances.

Youth Intake

View attachment 435860 View attachment 435859 View attachment 435858
A good youth intake with 'Petur Orn Steindorsson' being the best player to come through. He definitely will become a first team player.

Will we achieve an unbeaten season this year?

Last edited:
View attachment 435570

September
We complete an unbeaten season 8-|.
We win the league by a large margin again.
We are embarrassed by Chelsea in the Champions league.

September Fixtures

Keflavik 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 435567
A good away win against overachieving Keflavik. Their keeper played very well, especially in the first half, but once we scored it was just going to end one way.

Stjarnan 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 435566
We went behind early thanks to an unfortunate own goal, but we came back and won 3-1. A deserved win for us. We could win the league at Valur in our next league match.

Chelsea 8-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group E)
View attachment 435565
I knew we would lose & I knew it wouldn't be pretty, but to lose 8-0 to anyone is just embarrassing. Even if it is to a world class team like Chelsea. That's a record loss for us as a club & me personally in FM.

Valur 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 435558
Valur held us to a draw, but we still have confirmed the league is ours. Doing it at Valur makes it even sweeter :).

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Ithrottabandalag Akraness (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 435556
We comfortably beat our local rivals to pretty much confine them to relegation.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-0 Fimleikafelag Hafnarjaroar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 435555
A match we should have won, but didn't. It doesn't matter too much though as the league's been confirmed ours for a while now.

Fram 1-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 435553
We knew that if we beat local rivals 'Fram' we would relegate them and save 'Vikingur R' so there was extra incentive for us to go out there and dominate, and dominate is what we did. After we went 4-1 ahead Fram knew it was over for them, so they decided to injure as many of my players as they possibly could. We ended up with 4 injuries & playing the last few minutes with 10 men.

View attachment 435551
We complete an amazing unbeaten league season, my first Ever in FM. We ended up 10 points clear of 2nd placed Valur. It's been another very good campaign as we win the treble.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 435549
Lars Martinez Olsson was our best player again this month. The central defender has been consistent all season.

A review of our brilliant season.
The champions league journey will be in an update after the season summary :).

View attachment 435137

Season Review
Another brilliant season.
We complete the treble & an unbeaten season.
We made it into the Champions League group stages.

Stats

View attachment 435136
No one was in the top 4 for goals scored. Our top league goal-scorer was Bjorn Jonsson with 11 goals.
We had 3 players in the top 4 average ratings, with Lars Martinez Olsson averaging an amazing 7.95.
Indridi Thorlaksson was joint 2nd for the most assists with 9 assists.

Fair Play Award

View attachment 435135
We were again the cleanest team in the league. It's good to win and win fair :).

Team Of The year

View attachment 435134
Surprisingly we only had 3 players in the team of the year. Runar Alex Runarsson, Indridi Thorlaksson & Bjorn Jonsson.

Manager of The Year

View attachment 435133
I won manager of the year & fully deserved the award.

Our Player Of The year

View attachment 435132
'Lars Martinez Olsson' was our player of the year for the 2nd season running. I'm sure he will become a club legend in the future.

Our Young player Of The Year

View attachment 435131
'Thor Hauksson' broke into the first team and played much better than expected and is our young player of the year.

Icelandic Trophy Winners

Upper League Cup - Valur
Icelandic Champions Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Cup - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur
Icelandic Premier league - Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

History Up Until Now (9 Seasons With KR)

YearUpper League CupIcelandic Champions CupIcelandic CupIcelandic Premier LeagueEuropa LeagueChampions League
2013Semi-FinalsWinnersWinnersWinners2nd Qualifying RoundN/A
2014Semi-FinalsWinnersWinners3rd
N/A2nd Qualifying Round
2015Quarter FinalsLostQuarter Finals3rd2nd Qualifying RoundN/A
2016Winners N/AWinnersWinnersPlayoff RoundN/A
2017WinnersLostWinnersWinnersGroup StagePlayoff Round
2018WinnersLostRunners Up2ndGroup StagePlayoff Round
2019Quarter FinalsWinnersWinnersWinners3rd Qualifying RoundN/A
2020WinnersWinnersWinnersWinnersPlayoff Round3rd Qualifying Round
2021Quarter FinalsWinnersWinnersWinnersN/AGroup Stage

Details of our champions league campaign.

View attachment 434660

Champions League Journey

We were humiliated 8-0 by Chelsea in our first Champions League group game (Shown in September Update)
Here's how our other 5 group games went.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-0 Olympique De Marsielle (Champions League Group
E)
View attachment 434658
Despite being dominated by our much stronger opponents we defended very well and held out for a 0-0 draw. A very good result.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-3 Inter Milan (Champions League Group E)
View attachment 434657
Despite losing 3-1, I was happy with the way we played & we gave our world class opponents a good game. Indridi Thorlaksson gives us our first ever 'Champions League Group Stage' goal.

Inter Milan 1-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group E)
View attachment 434656
What an amazing result!!! To draw at Milan was amazing & unexpected. Gary Martin got us off to the perfect start scoring in the 1st minute. Inter Milan equalized shortly after but we were just brilliant and our performance deserved a point.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 0-3 Chelsea (Champions League Group E)
View attachment 434655
We perform alot better this time around against Chelsea, and I don't feel the scoreline shows a true reflection of how the game went. We actually managed more shots than Chelsea & they only had 1 more shot on target than we did.

Olympique De Marsielle 2-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Champions League Group E)
View attachment 434653
We battled hard, but Marsielle were just too strong at home and got a 2-0 win. I can't fault my players effort.

Champions League Group E Table

View attachment 434652
We done very well considering what a tough group we were in & I was delighted we managed to get 2 draws out of our fixtures. Besides the awful thrashing Chelsea gave us, I was very happy with how we performed in this group.

A preview of the upcoming season.

Hello, I just read your whole story and I am very impressed.
Congrats on absolutely dominating league and Champions League Group Stage!
One thing is bothering me, why only 4300 attendance on Chelsea? I've seen like 9k or more on your previous screens. Cheers mate and keep writing :)

Hello, I just read your whole story and I am very impressed.
Congrats on absolutely dominating league and Champions League Group Stage!
One thing is bothering me, why only 4300 attendance on Chelsea? I've seen like 9k or more on your previous screens. Cheers mate and keep writing :)

It's because some of our European games were moved to the Icelandic National stadium (Laugardalsvollur) which holds just over 15,000 while our stadium (KR-Vollur) only holds just over 5,000. Something to do with our stadium not meeting regulations. I'm surprised the Chelsea games wasn't a sellout though :S.

View attachment 434331

Pre-Season
A positive pre-season.
A couple of testimonials.
Fairly active in the transfer window.

Pre-Season Fixtures

Volsunger 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

IBV Vestmannaeyjar 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Ithrottafelag Hafnarjardar 1-11 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur

Bjorn Jonsson's Testimonial

View attachment 434330 View attachment 434329
Bjorn Jonsson has been quality, and even though he hasn't always been a regular starter we gave him a deserved testimonial to show how much we appreciate his hard work at the club.

Bjorn Jonsson's Stats & Career History
View attachment 434328 View attachment 434327

Atli Sigurjonsson's Testimonial

View attachment 434326 View attachment 434325
Atli is a club legend, no doubt about it. He has been amazing here, consistently been one of my best players & been key to the success we have had. He deserves a few more testimonials for everything he's done at the club, but unfortunately we can only give him one.

Atli Sigurjonsson's Stats & Career History
View attachment 434324 View attachment 434323

Players In

View attachment 434322
Our first signing is keeper 'Bjorgvin Thorsson' from keflavik who cost ?18k. He will be our backup keeper, but I will give him a good amount of game time. We needed another keeper after by backup keeper left to join Stjarnan.

View attachment 434321
Our 2nd signing is midfielder 'Daniel Helgesson' who joins us from Sewdish first division side 'Gelfe' for ?24k. He's a similar player to Atli Sigurjonsson and will hopefully emulate our legendary midfielder.

View attachment 434319
Our 3rd signing is young keeper Jesper Wiburg who joins us on a free transfer. I plan to send him out on loan for a few seasons to help his development.

View attachment 434318
Our final Signing is central defender 'Eidur Sigurbjornsson' who joins us on a free. Long serving defender 'Aron Josepsson' left to join 'Fjolnir' and I needed a replacement. Eidur is definitely a better defender & even at the age of 31 still has alot to offer us.

Transfer Center

View attachment 434317
A fair amount of outgoings. We'll start with the big ones. 'Trausti Magnusson' leaves for Valerenga & 'Steingrimur Egilsson' leaves for Brann. Both players left for club record fees of ?800k. I didn't want to lose either player as they both came from my academy & were key players, but they both wanted to leave and I'm very happy with the amount we were able to sell them for.
We let a few long serving players leave (Einar Einarsson, Kristinn Hauksson, Haukar Hauksson & Brynjar Gudmundsson) after their contracts ran out as they were on the wrong side of 30 and no longer good enough. 'Aron Josepsson' also the wrong side of 30 left to join Fjolnir, while backup keeper 'Hlynur Hlodversson' went to Stjarnan.
Our squad is looking alot thinner than last season but I have a few youngsters in the reserves who I feel can make the step up this season if needed.

What To Expect In The next Update
The start of the upper league cup.
How will our new signings do?

Last edited:
View attachment 433997

February
A good start to the upper league cup.
We have a tough group but were doing well so far.

February Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Fjallabyggoar 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 433995
After a dull first half, we were on fire in the 2nd half and ran out 4-0 winners.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Valur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 433993
A good performance here against 'Valur' and we deserved our 2-0 win. We could have won by a bigger margin had 'Indridi Thorlaksson' not missed a penalty.

Stjarnan 0-4 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 433992
A brilliant performance here as we destroy a strong opposition away from home.

Icelandic Upper League Group B Table

View attachment 433991
A very good start to a tough group. 3 games played, 10 goals scored and none conceded.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 433990
Gary Martin was the best player for us in this short month. The striker managed to score 3 goals for us.

Will we continue our good start to the upper league cup?

View attachment 433849

March
Good start continues.

March Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Handknattleiksfelag Kopavogs (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 433848
A good performance here sees us win 3-0 without much trouble.

Breidablik 1-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 433846
A decent performance here as we claim the 3 points. Both teams were awarded dubious penalty's by a referee who had a ve poor game.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 4-1 Knattspyrnufelag Akureyrar (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 433845
As expected we won this match comfortably. Our opponents had a man sent off just before half-time, but we were already 3-0 up & dominating by then.

Icelandic Upper League Group B Table

View attachment 433842
We are through to the knockouts with ease. I thought we would drop points as we had tough opponents such as Valur, Stjarnan & Breidablik in the group.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 433841
Not a regular starter but I game him a chance in the first team and he's impressed me scoring 3 goals this month.

Will we win the upper league cup?

View attachment 433775

April
We continue to perform well.
We win the upper league cup.

April Fixtures

Vikingur O. 0-5 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Group Stage)
View attachment 433774
We smash 'Vikingur O' in our last game of the group. Vigfus Einarsson was brilliant and scored 4 goals.

View attachment 433773
We gets through this tough group with less trouble than expected.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-0 Valur (Upper League Cup Quarter Final)
View attachment 433771
We come out on top in a hard fought quarter final with Valur. It was an even match but were were better in-front of goal. Unfortunately 'Olafur Aron Throvaldsson' was injured in the game & is out for 4 months.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Fjolnir (Upper League Cup Semi-Finals)
View attachment 433770
A good performance against Fjolnir sees us win the semi-finals convincingly. Into the final we go.

Haukar 1-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Upper League Cup Finals)*****FINALS*****
View attachment 433769
WE WIN!! We played very will, and 'Vigfus Einarsson' came back to haunt his previous club again as he always does to help us win the Upper League Cup.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 433768
'Vigfus Einarsson' was clearly out best player this month, scoring 6 goals.

We play Valur twice next month.
Will we win the 'Icelandic Champions Cup'?
We have a difficult start to the premier league, how will we do?

View attachment 433287

May
A poor start but we quickly get back on track.
We lose the Icelandic Champion Cup.

May Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 1-1 Valur (Icelandic Champions Cup)*****FINALS*****
Valur win 5-4 on penalty's
View attachment 433284
We were pretty poor here, especially our finishing which cost us the game. We it wen't to penalty's I knew straight away we had lost, and we went on to lose the shoot-out. That's the 3rd time now Valur have beat us to this trophy on penalty's.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-0 Haukar (Icelandic Premier league)
View attachment 433281
A good start to the premier league campaign as we record a convincing win over Haukar. Vigfus Einarsson haunts Haukar again scoring another 2 goals against his former club.

Stjarnan 0-1 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 433276
A difficult match but we got the win we wanted. Left back 'Gudmunder Reynir Gunnarsson' scores a wonderful scissor kick to give us the 3 points.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Breidablik (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 433272
A good win against 'Breidablik' who we do often struggle against. Vigfus Einarsson again scores 2 goals as the striker continues his impressive scoring record.

Valur 0-3 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 433270
A brilliant victory as we get a bit of revenge beating Valur 3-0 at their place.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 3-1 Tindastoll (Icelandic Premier league)
View attachment 433265
A fairly straight forward win against newly promoted Tindastoll. Vigfus Einarsson again score 2 goals.

View attachment 433264
A very good start in the league as we win all 5 of our fixtures and sit 2 points clear at the top.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 433263
Pretty obvious who was going to be here. Vigfus Einarsson has been on fire this month scoring 7 goals in only 5 league games.

We were the overachievers in the recent champions league campaign, after getting to the group stages and recording a couple of impressive results which i'm very pleased with. I hope to get into the group stages of the champions league on a regular basis though and really progress.
View attachment 433261

Will Vigfus Einarsson continue his amazing form?

View attachment 432852

June
A very frustrating June.
An awful start to the month, but we quickly improve as expected.
We exit the Icelandic Cup in our first game
:mad:.
We have a injury crisis at right-back :mad:.
We do however remain unbeaten in the league.

June Fixtures

Knattspyrnufelag Akureyrar 1-0 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Cup 3rd Round)
View attachment 432847
Awful!!! Awful!!! Awful!!! We get taken out of the Icelandic Cup straight away by a First Division side. I don't care that I played a weakened squad, the players I put out should have comfortably won this game yet we record an embarrassing defeat. This defeat has raised questions about our strength in depth.

Vikingur O. 0-6 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 432846
What a response. We put the disappointments of our previous match well behind us with the destruction of 'Vikingur O'.

Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur 2-1 Fimleikafelag Hafnarjardar (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 432845
A fairly good performance here as we beat a decent side. Another 2 goals for Vigfus Einarsson who just can't stop scoring.

Keflavik 2-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 432844
This was always going to be a difficult away game against overachieving 2nd placed Keflavik. We took an early lead thanks to goal machine Vigfus Einarsson, but ended up going behind and looked like losing until we got a late equalizer.

Fylkir 0-2 Knattspyrnufelag Reykjavikur (Icelandic Premier League)
View attachment 432843
An expected win against Fylkir who seem to have become a yo-yo team. 'Atli Sijurjonsson' scores a double to give us the 3 points.

Icelandic Premier League

View attachment 432842
We are 5 points clear at the top after 9 games played. I don't see anyone putting in much of a title challenge this year, as 'keflavik' won't keep with us & 'Valur' are already 10 points behind us.

Player Of The Month

View attachment 432840
Vigfus Einarsson is again our player of the month. He's been on a wonderful goal scoring run.

Right Back Injury Crisis
We have something of an injury crisis at right-back as 'Finnur Margeirsson' has suffered a slipped disc & will be missing for up to 4 months, leaving me only 19 year old 'Thor Hauksson' at right-back & he's not even a natural right-back. If he get's injured we are well and truly f***ed. When the transfer window opens I will be buying a new right-back. We may have to play a couple of games with a central defender at right-back an I can't imagine 'Thor Hauksson' will be fit enough to play every game until I bring someone else in.

How do we cope with our right-back issue?