Weed

Come to Newcastle Upon Tyne and check out the bus stops then. It's very openly smoked around here. They get a few looks from people walking past, but thats about it. Wouldn't say its every part of Newcastle though, but the part I live people pretty much don't really care that much.

Heaton area of Newcastle is weed central ;)
I've found the NE to be very weed tolerant, I've had many a joint in public (I dont anymore, its careless tbh) and never had anyone bat an eyelid.

I'm also a local obv, live outside of town though.

No it's not. I don't know where the **** you're from but in every bit of Britain i have ever been to nobody gives a **** about smoking weed. Most people understand it's pretty harmless. Only super stuck up twats believe other wise. Their parents tell them it's bad and thier parents parents probably told them it was bad and so on and so forth. But these people are thankfully in the minority.

P.S. To that rather level headed Dutch guy. Don't judge an entire nations view on any topic based on a couple of pages on an internet forum frequented by football manager geeks who don't quite understand why the Brazilian "wonderkid" didn't do so well for club X in real life when he was soooo **** good on FM.

Yes, I'm sure your travels around Britain has given accurate information regarding the opinions of the British population.

Ignorance is real cool, assuming any one against it is super stuck up is just idiotic. Just because you like it, doesn't mean every single other person in the world must do too, and they are some stupid stereotype because they don't conform with your opinion.

Yes, I'm sure your travels around Britain has given accurate information regarding the opinions of the British population.

Ignorance is real cool, assuming any one against it is super stuck up is just idiotic. Just because you like it, doesn't mean every single other person in the world must do too, and they are some stupid stereotype because they don't conform with your opinion.

You've just saved me typin that. cheers lol

he is right though even people that dont smoke it, never have never will dont give a ****, it really is only the stuck up boring losers who cry about it

Maybe weed users get a bad name because of people like you, who can't put their point across reasonably sensibly, and resort to insulting people and being a ****. I've got no problem with anyone who puts across sensible reasons for deciding to smoke or supporting the use/legalisation of weed, but when you label everyone who's not tried most drugs or stabbed their pal in the leg as '*******' then it totally de-values any point you were trying to put across.

When did i lable anybody as "*******"... Not me mate. And i'm glad you took my "stab your mate" quote seriously. It re enforces my point of how susceptible people seem to be.

I can't see why people who don't smoke it can't have an opinion. After all, the majority are people trying to bring their kids up to what they perceive to be the right and proper way. what's wrong with that?

Not at all. Indeed i don't particurly like it. Indeed if you look back you will see i said i don't smoke weed. Have done. Might do again some time.

I don't believe these people are steriotypes, Stupid, wrong or bad. Just very narrow minded and somewhat controlled by fear.

he is right though even people that dont smoke it, never have never will dont give a ****, it really is only the stuck up boring losers who cry about it

I repeat my last post, grow up and stop making pointless assumptions. You have to smoke weed to be having fun? Stop being so short sighted and close minded, seriously. Who's having more fun, the stoner who just lights up every day, or the guy that travels the world, sees new sights, EXPERIENCES LIFE, does extreme things like bungee jumping and such. You're so hung up on the fact that "LOLOL GOTTA LIVE LIFE SMOKE SOME WEED MAN" I count the man that lives life like that, experiences true adrenaline highs, not chemically induced one, and lives it while he's sober, as the man who's truly living life to the extreme.

And if/when you think of arguing back that the stoner can do those things too, you assumed all non-smokers all live boring lives, so I made the same assumption that the man who smokes weed is the only thing he does for enjoyment. Disagree with my first statement, and you are discrediting your own arguments. Checkmate.

---------- Post added at 01:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:10 AM ----------

Not at all. Indeed i don't particurly like it. Indeed if you look back you will see i said i don't smoke weed. Have done. Might do again some time.

I don't believe these people are steriotypes, Stupid, wrong or bad. Just very narrow minded and somewhat controlled by fear.

You can in no way speak about narrow mindedness after your previous posts.

EDIT: Blakefish, you really remind me of Frank Gallagher off Shameless, you just keep going on about fear and propaganda controlling the people. Believe what you like, you little anarchist, you.

When did i lable anybody as "*******"... Not me mate. And i'm glad you took my "stab your mate" quote seriously. It re enforces my point of how susceptible people seem to be.

Apologies, it was fredirickooo who used the exact wording. You did say that

However you must be aware that passing judgement on something you are too chicken **** to try for yourselves is completely ******* moronic.

which is pretty similar though.

And don't worry, I don't take anything you say seriously. ;)

I am smoking at the moment. And as you may guess, I cant be bothered to write my opinion on the matter, it would be too long and painful for me.
Being short: I have friends who have never done ****, and I also have friends who was able to quit heroin without rehab. It is always the individual, not the substance.

For those of you who are against weed...what do you think about the alcohol culture in Britain? I don't know anything about it, but from what people tell me, the English drink as much as anyone in the world. Are you guys OK with this? What would you think if people in the UK sat at home with a few friends or a movie and smoked a joint instead of getting hammered at the pub? In the country I'm in right now, alcoholism is really out of control, and I can't help but think that if people here smoked weed society would be better off. There would be less excessive drinking. And I personally think marijuana is a MUCH healthier stress-reliever than alcohol, physically and mentally. Of course there's nothing wrong with binge drinking, I do it a lot, but there are a lot of people out there that I think do it too much for their own good, yet it's totally socially acceptable.

I repeat my last post, grow up and stop making pointless assumptions. You have to smoke weed to be having fun? Stop being so short sighted and close minded, seriously. Who's having more fun, the stoner who just lights up every day, or the guy that travels the world, sees new sights, EXPERIENCES LIFE, does extreme things like bungee jumping and such. You're so hung up on the fact that "LOLOL GOTTA LIVE LIFE SMOKE SOME WEED MAN" I count the man that lives life like that, experiences true adrenaline highs, not chemically induced one, and lives it while he's sober, as the man who's truly living life to the extreme.

And if/when you think of arguing back that the stoner can do those things too, you assumed all non-smokers all live boring lives, so I made the same assumption that the man who smokes weed is the only thing he does for enjoyment. Disagree with my first statement, and you are discrediting your own arguments. Checkmate.

I've been a over this fair world of ours mate. Some great palces and some horrible places. I've seen some wonderfull sights i will never forget and some equaly horrific acts of cruelty i wish i could forget. Some i saw when i was on drugs, Some when i was as sober as a new born. I live my life well and i don't let anybody tell me what i should do with it. If you think my posts are stupid then fine. A lot of people here have said pretty much the same stuff i have. You are as quick to judge as any mate.

You come accross in your posts as being very young (Not a bad thing and i'm not using that as a negative) and if you decide that drugs aren't for you then so be it, But I think it's a bit sad that you would rule anything out. You get one very short life. Give everything a go while you can. ;)

I am smoking at the moment. And as you may guess, I cant be bothered to write my opinion on the matter, it would be too long and painful for me.
Being short: I have friends who have never done ****, and I also have friends who was able to quit heroin without rehab. It is always the individual, not the substance.

Enjoy it, and be thankful you're living in the free world.

Apologies, it was fredirickooo who used the exact wording. You did say that

which is pretty similar though.

And don't worry, I don't take anything you say seriously. ;)

And nor should you. Neither do i.

nah i didnt actually say you need to smoke weed to be having fun and if you dont smoke weed you're boring i just said no one in the real world cares, you're just making up **** to argue about lol

I've been a over this fair world of ours mate. Some great palces and some horrible places. I've seen some wonderfull sights i will never forget and some equaly horrific acts of cruelty i wish i could forget. Some i saw when i was on drugs, Some when i was as sober as a new born. I live my life well and i don't let anybody tell me what i should do with it. If you think my posts are stupid then fine. A lot of people here have said pretty much the same stuff i have. You are as quick to judge as any mate.

You come accross in your posts as being very young (Not a bad thing and i'm not using that as a negative) and if you decide that drugs aren't for you then so be it, But I think it's a bit sad that you would rule anything out. You get one very short life. Give everything a go while you can. ;)

I wasn't judging at all. You called everyone who doesn't smoke weed boring, therefore assuming they must do nothing exciting. It's only fair that I base my argument off the fact that all weed users also do nothing but smoke weed. As you can see in my post, I'd already covered that point ready for the counter.

I'm just not buying the "give everything a go." Should we all go out murdering for the thrill, rape? You drew on the fact we live off animal instincts earlier, yes we do. But we also have the ability to make life choices based on intelligent decision making based off knowledge we have. You say everyone should dry drugs, the vast majority are all highly addictive though, so you're not just trying them the once, it's resulting in a longer period of usage. Humans have the ability to know of the addiction possible and can make an informed decision if they want to risk a longer term of life addiction versus the short term high. Many will choose differently, but we still choose. To say you must try everything though, is frankly ridiculous.

If we must try everything, how about cyanide, I mean, surely if you must try everything, you must know how cyanide tastes before you die right? Oh yeah, we won't do that, because we're aware of the consequences.

And I'm 18.

---------- Post added at 01:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 AM ----------

Read what you type next time, it gives you some credibility in an argument. I made nothing up, you however are trying to change what you said to try and weaken my argument rather than create your own. Probably because you can't

I wasn't judging at all. You called everyone who doesn't smoke weed boring, therefore assuming they must do nothing exciting. It's only fair that I base my argument off the fact that all weed users also do nothing but smoke weed. As you can see in my post, I'd already covered that point ready for the counter.

I'm just not buying the "give everything a go." Should we all go out murdering for the thrill, rape? You drew on the fact we live off animal instincts earlier, yes we do. But we also have the ability to make life choices based on intelligent decision making based off knowledge we have. You say everyone should dry drugs, the vast majority are all highly addictive though, so you're not just trying them the once, it's resulting in a longer period of usage. Humans have the ability to know of the addiction possible and can make an informed decision if they want to risk a longer term of life addiction versus the short term high. Many will choose differently, but we still choose. To say you must try everything though, is frankly ridiculous.

If we must try everything, how about cyanide, I mean, surely if you must try everything, you must know how cyanide tastes before you die right? Oh yeah, we won't do that, because we're aware of the consequences.

And I'm 18.

lol im not reading all that but i definitly didnt call everyone who doesnt smoke weed boring
but i will to say ya you should defo try it, you might lighten up

I don't really see how you can compare smoking weed with murder and rape.

lol im not reading all that but i definitly didnt call everyone who doesnt smoke weed boring
but i will to say ya you should defo try it, you might lighten up

I don't really need to lighten up, and I've bolded the bit where you say all non-weed smokers boring, so yes, you did say it.

---------- Post added at 01:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:48 AM ----------

I don't really see how you can compare smoking weed with murder and rape.

I'm pretty sure he said try everything I don't see how murder and rape don't come under everything. Exaggeration proves my point.

Read what you type next time, it gives you some credibility in an argument. I made nothing up, you however are trying to change what you said to try and weaken my argument rather than create your own. Probably because you can't

nah i didnt say every single person who doesnt smoke weed is borin, just the people like you who thinks its so terrible and worse than murder and rape or whatever your goin on about is boring, everyone else in the world does not care about it. so stop tellin me ive said somethin when its quite obvious i havnt

also wasnt saying youre boring or anyones boring cuz they dont smoke it, just that they care if anyone else is smoking it and get all annoyed about it

Last edited: