West Ham vs Manchester United - Carling Cup Quarter Finals

• Thread starter Thread starter DMF
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 292
  • Views Views 7K
I can't believe this... Giggs has been poor since his injury, Evans has been poor since this season, O'shea has been poor since we realised he can't attack (2006). Why do we win 7-1 at Blackburn and carry that mentality to a bottom table team and lose 4-0? West Ham WTF where has this come from? You are supposed to stick to the plan and let us waltz through this tournament so we can have at least one trophy before te season is done...

Lol, the Beeb is down, what was the final score, I saw it was 3-0 but not sure after :P

Whichever it is, West Ham played very well in the first half which I saw on tele, but my mum started watching some rubbish?

4-0 West Ham at the moment.. still 4 mins + added time remaining.

I think everyone is missing the point saying arsenal will win.
It will be Birmingham City's name on the trophy this year

Lol, the Beeb is down, what was the final score, I saw it was 3-0 but not sure after :P

Whichever it is, West Ham played very well in the first half which I saw on tele, but my mum started watching some rubbish?

The Arsenal game's on? :P.

It's 4-0 mate, Carlton Cole and Jonathan Spector doubles.

Clearly one bad performance shows a state of a squad billy, Nice logic there mate. Real solid stuff. :S

Indeed. It speaks volumes when none of the players even looked remotely interested.

Don't worry, I know you're frustrated but chin up, it's only one trophy.

Indeed. It speaks volumes when none of the players even looked remotely interested.

Don't worry, I know you're frustrated but chin up, it's only one trophy.

frustrated more, Disappointed, at least it is this trophy, and our Squad really is showing what it is made of by being top of the league and not conceding in the Champs league group games. This is just one of these games, we still a top club with a top squad. so if your trying to bait United supporters, Look else where, we had a good season so far, and you all know it.

Maybe the first signs of Ryan Giggs' age catching up with him? 37 yesterday, nobody lives forever.

reserves + ryan giggs and fletcher arent good enough :/

In giggs defence he isnt at 100% just came back from injury, but still has been poor from what i was told of the first half, and looked **** in this one.

Get in!

gotta love the hammers. would be worried if i was a united fan, a lot of first teamers in this side.

oh well, hopefully we can tie up things against wigan, and then march on!

up the gunners!
why would we me worried, hardly a lot of first teamers, there were 10 changes tonight

frustrated more, Disappointed, at least it is this trophy, and our Squad really is showing what it is made of by being top of the league and not conceding in the Champs league group games. This is just one of these games, we still a top club with a top squad. so if your trying to bait United supporters, Look else where, we had a good season so far, and you all know it.

Of course you're doing well in the other competitions... you've been playing your first team.

My comment was regarding squad depth, and turns out, the same team that an extremely poor Liverpool side beat 3-0 have turned your reserves over by 4 goals tonight.

Like I said, chin up, you said yourself you're doing well. :)

Very happy with the result and gutted i didn't watch the full game, whether it was a full squad or not the squad was pretty expierienced and obviously Ferguson thought they were good enough to do the job. Could the Hammers be on the way back up??? 2 wins in 3days for them, very good display and even Carlton Cole scored 2.

still unbeaten in the competitions which actually mean something although the carling cup is still a trophy that man utd probably should of won

Bad game for United. Hardly any movement off the ball, barely any actually creativity and just lacked motivation. Also why did Fergie play Fabio on the right when he had Rafael on the bench? Fabio was prob second worst player tonight behind Evans.
All credit to West Ham though. They played well and really stopped United playing. Also well done to Jonathan Spector in the first half and Obinna in the second. Really thought them 2 were the best West Ham players and should of got the MOTM award not Cole.

still unbeaten in the competitions which actually mean something although the carling cup is still a trophy that man utd probably should of won

to be fair every competition means somthing. The Carling cup only dosen't mean anything if you get knocked out and thats a joke.

Still unbeaten in the Premiership and Champions League which I would assume are the priorities this season. Big defeat for us though. Must bounce back against a Blackpool side who will be looking to take advantage by attacking us.

Back