Well im Leeds all the time, so when we're in championship i use the original squad bringing good loans, premierleague just invest in english youth, but i always get a overseas striker as theyres little in the way of decent english strikers. and throughout just buy youth.

I love Loans. When managing in the Lower Leagues, its always about Loan Signings and Free Transfers. If your lucky, you can get the Loan Player to be your Favoured Person List/ Favoured Club- And if they go out of contract, you can get them on a free.

i usually like to sign young players that i can build into my first team :p and if im like a league 1 club i usually bring in players on loan free wages just for backup :p and if someone gets sent off or plays a tiny bit rubbish bang they get a two week fine :p my sheffield wednesday save could take fines and not care but shakhtar moans when i take two or their overpaid weeks wages off them -_- i especially have trouble with brazillians in this game :p

The most I have played is one season.
Then I get bored.
Overall, though, I think I am okay. I kinda lose at the middle of the season but then go on to win seven games on a row at the end..

if i have players i want to buy, or have players in my team that need replacing, i'm willing to spend a fortune. i also for some reason overhaul the starting team, selling players i don't need and getting replaced. weather i'm man city, or leeds united. it's always the same.

Im abit of a Harry Wheeler Dealer, every save i have done on the new FM my Financial rating is always 100%. Take my recent save for instance, here is some of the deals i have made huge money on.

Cristian Benitez signed for 2.2 million, sold for 10million to Man City
Nico Kranjcar signed for 4million, sold for 10million to Napolo
Ivan Rakitic signed on a free, sold for 10million to Lazio
Sold Jose Enrique to Liverpool for 7.5million and replaced with Kolorov for 4million
Garra Dembele signed for 2.2million, sold for 2.5million to Leeds

Besides that im pretty strict and if someone is playing below 6.2 in the first half its a good chance you will be bought off.

I do mostly LLM so I sign mostly free players.
If their is someone who is decent though and their about thirty i'll santch them up.
If I ever get someone who looks like they could b decent I call them up to the first team as I like to try and make the majority of my first team home-grown.
I take loan signing's where their needed :)

I rarely play defensive football (only If I lack players futher up the pitch) else I play my custom tactic with 5 forwards 1 midfielder 4 defenders. It's effective I score loads of goal though in some games I leak goals but make up for it in the goals I score but I'm Luton Town in the NPower 1 so thats not exactly hard lol

I've only ever started of managing Spurs and have not had much of a transfer budget. I will just try to improve on the weaker parts of my team. But every transfer window I can't help myself and will try to sign a big name like Tevez or Dzeko and fail every time, until I took over at Liverpool. Only when I've got a team with a decent transfer fund will I buy up and coming youngsters. And I try to clear out all the dead wood. Even players like Jamie O'Hara who would have the odd good game and chip in with the odd goal, but over the course of a season would be below satisfactory, so I just get rid of him at the start when he's still worth a bit.

And one thing I don't do is download other peoples tactics!

I'm more of a buying manager than a selling manager, however when my squad becomes too full and wages are alot i'll start to sell in bulk.. I'm willing to spend anything on a player if I believe him to be a good signing.

I also tend to play more attacking football which is why I fail with bottom half teams but do quite well with top half teams

If I had to compare to a manager, I'd say I'm like Harry Redknapp, great at spotting a bargain, hardly every have any flops in the transfer market and like my teams to attack. Decent on making my own tactics, but need to learn a lot more about the defensive side of the game.

No preference for a particular formation, other than that my best results have always been with one man up front. I generally try to play to the strengths of an existing players in the side and adapt to them, usually keeping the same shape for future signings. I hardly ever sign stars, I go for wonderkids, but generally the ones who only need 2-3 seasons of work. I also make 'strategic' signings, if there's a bogey team that appears for me, I might sign the player that always does me over.

I play regimented defensive play, usually with 5 defenders and a defensive midfielder. I am decent at League 2- Championship level, but struggle in prem and foreign leagues...
Also, like most people, sign to many cheap flops :(

I generally sign the bare minimum and favor younger players. I like my midfield to be creative, with high passing, work rate and stamina attributes. If I could have a midfield consisting of 4 Darren Fletchers I would.

I usually play a counter-attacking 4-3-1-2.

Oh, and I always try to keep a determined squad.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

i also make 'strategic' signings, if there's a bogey team that appears for me, i might sign the player that always does me over.

tevez

I generally sign the bare minimum and favor younger players. I like my midfield to be creative, with high passing, work rate and stamina attributes. If I could have a midfield consisting of 4 Darren Fletchers I would.

I usually play a counter-attacking 4-3-1-2.

Oh, and I always try to keep a determined squad.

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

tevez

Pain in the @rse isn't he? Was the bain of my existence in FM 10, everytime I play city in this one I use an achorman to strict mark him wherever he goes, seems to have done the trick. You mentioned Fletcher, he's a typical example of what I'm on about, very very good player on fm. I can't stop Van Persie scoring either!

i am the special one......

in all seriousness i usually buy bargains and usually too many strikers(bad planning) make my own tactics and all that

rarely successful but i still love it :D

I'm a thrashing kind of manager. I think I may actually surpass the explosiveness of Sir Alex Ferguson.
I tend to hamper with my tactics a lot, and almost always I end up doing remarkably bad, and then chaos ensues.

The FM series have so far cost me a keyboard, a mouse and a PC Box. Oh and a piece of old wooden chair, woah that was a knee-slapper. All in all, Football Manager will leave a trace in my life, seeing as I am already scared emotionally and cannot deal with any mishap in life no matter how small, I just lose it.

I'm done now. I've failed to do a good post once again and my dog is going to suffer.

i always seem to end up with about 7 strikers in first team squad, who could all be first teamers
cash goes straight through my fingers and i end up offering and selling my players for well below their worth
I ruin clubs financially by buying great players for massive money over 48 months and therefore cripple my clubs future
Love playing well into the 2020s' stealing all the great 15,16 and 17 year olds

Whenever I'm in lower leagues.. I use as much loans as I can with the highest quality for the level I'm at.. I like realistic signings aswell.

I don't subscribe to anti-football, I'm a very attacking manager. Always want to play like Barcelona

No more than

3x GK

2x DR

5x DC

2x DL

2x MR

5x MC

2x ML

5x FC

Always go for the youth option and look to buy young cheap players and develop them into first team players. Don't like spending lots of money, think its easy ...

Im a hands on manager, go to all press conferences, talk to the players and media often and use my own tactics. Im a balanced manager and believe in how football should be played i.e. Arsenal. Also love the challenge of making a profit each month with your team, wich seems almost impossible...

I like to put my own stamp on my team, ie, I usually ship out 5 or 6 players and bring in a few. I like to keep a relatively small squad ie. a starting eleven and a few back up subs as I'm a big fan of having youth players in my squad who can learn from some older players, saving money and planning for the future.

In terms of playing style, I'm all about creating chances, I don't really set up a passing tactic, which lots of people do, I just like to get the ball forward to the strikers as often as possible. If I have a target man, I'll send long balls to him or let a small striker run around with it.