What Roles and Duties Best suit my players?

I have Robin Van Persie, Walcott and Hulk as strikers. I only use two strikers (behind the no wingers only Hazard as a AMC).

I use Van Persie as deep lying forward support and theo as a poacher... havent bought hulk tho, so dont know bout him. sorry lad

I use Van Persie as deep lying forward support and theo as a poacher... havent bought hulk tho, so dont know bout him. sorry lad

I use hulk as an inside forward, but I do use him on the right, in a 4-5-1/4-3-3

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:54 PM ----------

Moussa Sissoko

Either DLP or BWM, depending on tactics

need help on where to play this beast and what PPM's to train him:

EqtfS.png

gBww7.jpg

he can obviously play in a ridiculous amount of positions but choosing PPM's to teach him will be hard... and also where to play him most.

the position i will definitely not play him is poacher, as this guy fills that role extremely well.

K4J8z.png

anyone got any opinions on this?

need help on where to play this beast and what PPM's to train him:

EqtfS.png

gBww7.jpg

he can obviously play in a ridiculous amount of positions but choosing PPM's to teach him will be hard... and also where to play him most.

the position i will definitely not play him is poacher, as this guy fills that role extremely well.

K4J8z.png

anyone got any opinions on this?
hi youve found some of the best regans ive seen mate as for the first one he looks like the new messi try complete forward or an inside forward :)

View attachment 193843

I bought this guy from Boca (argentina), labelled the next "Gabriel batistuta".

Any help on how I should train him / play him, to get the most out of him?

I'm at Arsenal playing two strikers, I have Van Persie as well as Milito

What I need to know is the best way to play them together. Van Persie has been scoring but Milito hasn't and I recently have been favouring Walcott.

So how should I play Milito and Van Persie to get the best out of them? Or should I just drop Milito and play Walcott?

In what position should I play Montolivo? I have him next to Essien in center midfield, who's playing as a Ball winning - support. I'm playing Chelsea in a 4-5-1
FB - CB - CB - FB
..........DM
......CM - CM
IF..................IF
..........ST

Last edited:
Please suggest player roles for: ( FM 2011 patch 11.3 Bolton Wanderers start of 4 th season )

1. Thiago Alcantra of Barcelona, playing as MC in Bolton 4-5-1. He has deeply disappointed me. Does not make any impact at times. Scored 3 goals in open play, 2 penalties and 5 assists in an ENTIRE season. Seems to disappear. Was playing him as CM - attack. Had him in a previous save and used him as MC- adv playmaker support / attack and again disappointed. Sold him to Mainz for a decent fee. Should I sell him this time too ? His player attributes are delicious and keep on improving. I am confused. He does not do well and yet improves ? Napoli are sniffing around him and have submitted an enquiry. He is currently valued at 5 million pounds. Keep him or declare a value for him ? He is ambitious. May not want to be with me in the future... What do I do ?

2. I have had some success playing Tom Cairney in 2 roles:
1. MC- adv playmaker support ( when I had Sturridge up front ) - he raked up 21 assists.
2. MC - central mid attack ( as Sturridge wouldn't come back to me, and I was stuck with chubby guys as strikers ) - he scored 13 goals and also made about 8 assists.
Is there a better role for him ?

3. Ilkay Gundongan - picked him up on a free. I use him as 3 rd choice - behind Cairney and Thiago in the CM attack role. Mainly comes on as sub and has the outrageous ability to pop up with key goals. Started half the matches as Thiago but has 8 goals and a few assists. Mostly bring him on when I have given up on the game and seems to be do nothing, but suddenly he is in the penalty box to tap in the equalizer.

So please suggest a great role for the enigma that is Thiago.... And give me some advise on whether to sell him and give Ilkay Gundongan a major role in the team ? Truly confused.

View attachment 194151 What is the best position/role for him? I play 4-2-3-1 He could play on the 6 or as an defensive 8. I'm not so sure about the right defender position as i got enough players for this position. And what role is the best for him?

Hey Guys, I'm having a problem with Nathan Delfounso in the secon season. I am currently playing him as a poacher with 2 other strikers (Earnshaw and Findley). He has only scored 1 in 9 games and I was wondering if there was a better role for him or is it just because he isn't Premiership standard yet. Cheers :)

hi guys, I'm playing Milan at the moment and a bit struggling up front...
what roles and duties you suggest in these scenarios:

1. Ibrahimovic, winger-supported lone striker
2. Ibrahimovic, 2 AMCs-supported lone striker (and the AMCs' role)
3. Ibrahimovic-Pato pair
4. Ibrahimovic-Inzaghi pair

thanks in advance :)

---------- Post added at 05:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

View attachment 194151 What is the best position/role for him? I play 4-2-3-1 He could play on the 6 or as an defensive 8. I'm not so sure about the right defender position as i got enough players for this position. And what role is the best for him?

DR - Full back defend
DM - Anchor Man defend
MC - ain't sure... Box-to-box support or Ball Winning Mid defend/support maybe?

Last edited:
Diego Costa from At.Madrid.
What roles and duties for him.
He is in my Westham team. I play him along with carton Cole / Neymar.