What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 382K
hi i'm Middlesborough in the 1st season im pretty new to football manager i have james vaughan out for 3months so i'm stuck with kris boyd and scott mcdonald. i play normal 4-4-2 what roles should i play my strikers?

Thanks.!:D

hi i'm Middlesborough in the 1st season im pretty new to football manager i have james vaughan out for 3months so i'm stuck with kris boyd and scott mcdonald. i play normal 4-4-2 what roles should i play my strikers?

Thanks.!:D

Boyd as a target man - support

McDonald as a poacher

thanks mate i'll try it then get back to you :) any recomended players that would improve my team?

hello mate, I'm managing Arsenal now, my tactic is 4-2-4, and I use 2 STs, my STs are Aguero, Pato, Eduardo, and RvP, could you give me the suitable Role and Duty for them? thank you :D

hello mate, I'm managing Arsenal now, my tactic is 4-2-4, and I use 2 STs, my STs are Aguero, Pato, Eduardo, and RvP, could you give me the suitable Role and Duty for them? thank you :D

Kun Aguero - Poacher or Trequartista
Alexandre Pato - Advanced Foward
RVP - Deep Lying Foward
Eduardo - Complete Foward

Waaay Off topic but i cant seem to find this info anywhere...maybe im missing the obvious but i would really like to know how to make a thread?

Waaay Off topic but i cant seem to find this info anywhere...maybe im missing the obvious but i would really like to know how to make a thread?

Homepage > visit our football manager discussion forums > choose where you want to post , and then there is a blue box where it says post new thread

mate, I wanna ask you one more question :)
what's the meaning of "wide play" in Specific Instructions?

Last edited:
I think it means using the whole pitch !

it changes the focus of passing to "both flanks"

here take a read through here, there is another one which is better, try and search for touchline instructions...

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/touchline-instructions-when-and-why-t30687.html

here it is

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/touchline-shouts-and-their-uses-t46459.html

thanks a lot mate, it helps me a lot :D
anyway, do you know the best role for Cesc Fabregas, Marek Hamsik, and Marco Verratti? I'm sorry if I asked too much, thanks before :)

Cesc - Advanced Playmaker - Attack or (Deep Lying Playmaker)
Marek - Same as above or (Box to Box)
Verratti - Same as above, above :) or (Box to Box)

Ok I play a 4-2-4 with a flat back 4, two central mids, two attacking wingers and two strikers. I am now starting my 6th season and have signed Aguero and wondering what role to use him up front. I usually play with David Villa as a complete forward and Rooney as a deep-lying forward, what role would suit Aguero and not upset my game-plan using him mainly instead of Villa, but I don't mind rotating every few games.

Thanks very much

Playing with Man Utd.

My midfield is (going from left mid to right mid - flat 4 man) Giggs/Park Ji Sung - Moussa Sissoko - Lodeiro/Sandro - Ashley Young/Valencia

Also up front if i play Rooney Macheda what would you play Macheda as? Rooney normally as a complete froward. Also what about Rooney and Berbatov?

Thanks

Back