What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 382K
OK, THIS Is my Sunderland lineup, I think i should have gotten Milevsky instead of nani but well too late now. Il write the roles, so far im not doing bad but my Midfield isnt working too well and i got scorched by man U in the last 15 minutes, they scored 4 goals cutting me from inside. I dont have much possession either against good or bad teams, and thats what i would like to improve.

GK- Gordon
LB MCartney Fullback atuomatic
CB Turner Centerback stopper
CB N. Otamnendi Centerback (5 games into the season he is a beast, rating 7.8 on average and scoring twice from corner without corner bug)
RB-Bardsley/Belletti Fullbac automatic
DM Cana (i really think he is a problem) Either DM support or Deep Playmaker
CM Cattermole DM defend
Wide Mf Right David Beckham (So far so good) Wide midfielder attack
AML Nani Inside Fordward or Di Maria as Winger (In both cases support duty)
AMC Di Maria/malbranque/Reid If di maria attacking midfielder attack if the others then Attacking Midfielder support
ST Bent as advanced forward or Jones as deep liyin attack

As you have guessed i play an 4-1-3-1 asymetric (inverted). and i've found it works better with narrow widt since it already has two open midfielders but cana and cattermole tend to get too close in attack and make alot of mistakes, ive tried playing cattermole as box to box but then cana goes wild in the middle, may be is that none of my AM have "come deep to get ball"?

Fiorentina 4-2-2-2 or 4-2-3-1?

Jovetic
Suarez
Mutu
Gilardino

I'd prefer to play with two strikers but if you think mutu would be better in the CAM role that's fine.

4-2-2-2 with Suarez and Jovetic as inside forwards attack

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

OK, THIS Is my Sunderland lineup, I think i should have gotten Milevsky instead of nani but well too late now. Il write the roles, so far im not doing bad but my Midfield isnt working too well and i got scorched by man U in the last 15 minutes, they scored 4 goals cutting me from inside. I dont have much possession either against good or bad teams, and thats what i would like to improve.

GK- Gordon
LB MCartney Fullback atuomatic
CB Turner Centerback stopper
CB N. Otamnendi Centerback (5 games into the season he is a beast, rating 7.8 on average and scoring twice from corner without corner bug)
RB-Bardsley/Belletti Fullbac automatic
DM Cana (i really think he is a problem) Either DM support or Deep Playmaker
CM Cattermole DM defend
Wide Mf Right David Beckham (So far so good) Wide midfielder attack
AML Nani Inside Fordward or Di Maria as Winger (In both cases support duty)
AMC Di Maria/malbranque/Reid If di maria attacking midfielder attack if the others then Attacking Midfielder support
ST Bent as advanced forward or Jones as deep liyin attack

As you have guessed i play an 4-1-3-1 asymetric (inverted). and i've found it works better with narrow widt since it already has two open midfielders but cana and cattermole tend to get too close in attack and make alot of mistakes, ive tried playing cattermole as box to box but then cana goes wild in the middle, may be is that none of my AM have "come deep to get ball"?

Di Maria is best as AML - Advanced Forward Attack.

Also, I'd never play a lone striker with attack duties, he'll be too isolated from the rest of the team, I'd recommend that your strikers take roles that have a support duty, they won't be top scorers, but your AM's will score a bunch cause of the strikers.

Bobby Zamora/Oscar Cardozo (One will play at a time, so don't tell me how to play them together...)

Scott Mcdonald and Kris Boyd?

Anyone help? Thanks.

McDonald - Poacher
Boyd - target man - Support

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 PM ----------

Fiorentina 4-2-2-2 or 4-2-3-1?

Jovetic
Suarez
Mutu
Gilardino

I'd prefer to play with two strikers but if you think mutu would be better in the CAM role that's fine.

Jovetic - AML - inside foward or ST - Trequartista
Suarez - AMR - Inside Foward
Mutu - AMC - Advanced Playmaker - attack
Gilardino - Target man - attack

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

what's the best role for Bojan and Andy Carroll? thanks mate :D

Bojan - poacher
Carroll - taget Man - attack

hello mate, what's the best role for Valery Bojinov? is he a poacher or else? thanks before :D

hey anyone know the best role for geovani dos santos? i prefer to play him attacking midfilder right, but unsure of the role, any ideas? thanks in advance :)

dos santos - attacking midfielder, INSID FORWARD his pace rips it up aswell as his skill :)

hi everyone. i am playing with sunderland and i have 3 strikers. Sturridge, Bent and Frazier Campbell. I am wondering what roles these players would suit. They would never play together. my formation is 4-5-1. This will help me decide what kind of striker I will buy in addition to these 3. Thanks.

Last edited:
4-2-2-2 with Suarez and Jovetic as inside forwards attack

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:33 PM ----------

Di Maria is best as AML - Advanced Forward Attack.

Also, I'd never play a lone striker with attack duties, he'll be too isolated from the rest of the team, I'd recommend that your strikers take roles that have a support duty, they won't be top scorers, but your AM's will score a bunch cause of the strikers.

I tweaked everything a bit, playing a 4-1-1-2-2 now i ditched cana and placed cattermole in his place as deep liying play maker in support duty, I put di maria left and nani right as inside frowards but moving into channels in attack mode and swapping positions and took your advice and put bent and jones, (complete and deep liying forward) played 5 games, becks is playing as MC in support duty, hes great even if he gets skinned out his lack of pace, but his rarely run with ball move is perfect coz he drops quick killer balls, Bent has turn into an assist machine (leading premier league with 7 assists and 5 goals), and di-maria is leading the league in goals sored (but its because he scored 4 goals and a hat trick playing trequartista). still think my midfield is vulnerable to counter attacks and both nani and di maria passing is horrible not getting close to 60%. But the support duty on strikers is working, bent gave come nice passes to cattermle and beck and they have scored 5 goals betwen them two all from outside the box. Im 3rd in the league with 13 games and 26 points but i got scorched by man U and man city.

I tweaked everything a bit, playing a 4-1-1-2-2 now i ditched cana and placed cattermole in his place as deep liying play maker in support duty, I put di maria left and nani right as inside frowards but moving into channels in attack mode and swapping positions and took your advice and put bent and jones, (complete and deep liying forward) played 5 games, becks is playing as MC in support duty, hes great even if he gets skinned out his lack of pace, but his rarely run with ball move is perfect coz he drops quick killer balls, Bent has turn into an assist machine (leading premier league with 7 assists and 5 goals), and di-maria is leading the league in goals sored (but its because he scored 4 goals and a hat trick playing trequartista). still think my midfield is vulnerable to counter attacks and both nani and di maria passing is horrible not getting close to 60%. But the support duty on strikers is working, bent gave come nice passes to cattermle and beck and they have scored 5 goals betwen them two all from outside the box. Im 3rd in the league with 13 games and 26 points but i got scorched by man U and man city.

Ok, about the midfield defense, I'd recommend that in your 4-1-1-2-2 formation, you do the following, I do it with all my teams and it really secures the defense:

1. Get your defenders to play a deep defensive line, it will reduce the chance of them being caught out with a single pass, however, it leaves you vulnerable to long shots, due to the space between defense and mid-field, which will be covered in point 2.
2. Set up this team in this way:

---------------GK------------------
----DR---DC----DC---DL-------
------------------DMC------------
------MC---------------------------
--AMR-------------------AML--
------ST-----------ST-------------

Set up the DMC to either a defensive midfielder or anchorman, both with defend duties.

This should cover the gap from which other teams will shoot from distance.

I hope that covers your mid-field problem, please let me know how it goes and feel free to PM me with anything.

Looking at buying Sami Khedira from Madrid for 3M to possibly replace either Giggs or Scholes as they are retiring. I want to train him as a MC Advanced Playmeker support, has he got the stats to do this or should I look somewhere else?!

Looking at buying Sami Khedira from Madrid for 3M to possibly replace either Giggs or Scholes as they are retiring. I want to train him as a MC Advanced Playmeker support, has he got the stats to do this or should I look somewhere else?!

Better off looking HERE mate, more relevant to what your asking. Nevertheless, i think it would be a bad choice, he's more of a ball winner or certainly a defensive minded player. Why not go for Gourcuff? (If you've got the money..)

Cardozo anyone?

Better off looking HERE mate, more relevant to what your asking. Nevertheless, i think it would be a bad choice, he's more of a ball winner or certainly a defensive minded player. Why not go for Gourcuff? (If you've got the money..)

Cardozo anyone?

Oscar Cardozo - target Man - attack

The main player I've always used for any midfield position (except DMC) is Arda Turan, not too expensive, can fill any slot and his value appreciates dramatically, usually sign him for 12 - 13 Million and sell him 3 or 4 years later for somewhere between 45 - 50 million.

Ok, about the midfield defense, I'd recommend that in your 4-1-1-2-2 formation, you do the following, I do it with all my teams and it really secures the defense:

1. Get your defenders to play a deep defensive line, it will reduce the chance of them being caught out with a single pass, however, it leaves you vulnerable to long shots, due to the space between defense and mid-field, which will be covered in point 2.
2. Set up this team in this way:

---------------GK------------------
----DR---DC----DC---DL-------
------------------DMC------------
------MC---------------------------
--AMR-------------------AML--
------ST-----------ST-------------

Set up the DMC to either a defensive midfielder or anchorman, both with defend duties.

This should cover the gap from which other teams will shoot from distance.

I hope that covers your mid-field problem, please let me know how it goes and feel free to PM me with anything.

Ill try it, my ofence is well oiled machine, i have scored in every game but one after 17 games im leading the league in goals scored, bot di maria and bent have 11 and 10 assist for bent (by the way im playing richardson as AML and di maria as deep liying forward support, i know is not the best possition but i need a creative forward and i got none, trying to get milevsky but first i need sandro) but my DEF is horrible every time in pre match when they say a striker has not scoredin 400 min i know he is going to end that drought against me lol. And the thing is i have a lot of problems getting the ball upfield, once ther is good, but my back four looses a lot of balls in really compromising positions, belleti gave liverpool two gifts that could have made assist of the year!
ill try your advice because i play with a very high line, cant sit deep and wait!

Rickie Lambert?

Whats best role if played up front on own or if played with a partner.

Cheers

Ill try it, my ofence is well oiled machine, i have scored in every game but one after 17 games im leading the league in goals scored, bot di maria and bent have 11 and 10 assist for bent (by the way im playing richardson as AML and di maria as deep liying forward support, i know is not the best possition but i need a creative forward and i got none, trying to get milevsky but first i need sandro) but my DEF is horrible every time in pre match when they say a striker has not scoredin 400 min i know he is going to end that drought against me lol. And the thing is i have a lot of problems getting the ball upfield, once ther is good, but my back four looses a lot of balls in really compromising positions, belleti gave liverpool two gifts that could have made assist of the year!
ill try your advice because i play with a very high line, cant sit deep and wait!

Set your center defenders to limited defenders, they won't keep the ball much, and give all your defenders the PPM, plays simple passing game and rarely runs with ball, they'll get it forward much better that way.

Back