What Roles and Duty's best suit my players?

• Thread starter Thread starter JP Woody
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 382K
Hi guys, just got the amazing Cavani, on my 4th season on juve. I am playing him in a striker partnership with cardozo. He is my Target man with support duty. What duty should i assign to cavani? poacher?

i currently managed PSG. formation 4-4-2. what role should i put to my striker especially hoarau.i always paired him with mevlut n occasionally boli.

i currently managed PSG. formation 4-4-2. what role should i put to my striker especially hoarau.i always paired him with mevlut n occasionally boli.

I'd play Hoarau as targetman support and Erdinc as a poacher attack. My favorite setup for any strike partnership.

jp, Directly to you . i dont know what tactic should i use with milan. im just starting a new game with them and since ive been playing fm i dont remember playing without wingers, and i suppose that the best tactic for milan is 4-4-2 diamond, im so lost .
another problem is the use of just one striker, i really love alex pato but i cant leave HUNTELLAR at the bench, warming it, he is one of my favourite strikers . sorry for my bad english , im portuguese :D hope u can help me, []

I need good complete forward and deep lying forward for villarreal..????'

Hi ..... needing some feed backs on my tactics.... Did not use those tactics which can bring success immediately, just wanting to play the game as its meant to be M managing Newcastle now and into my 3rd season, for some reason been having difficulty scoring GOALs!!! Despite not able to score much goals as i wanted, currently 7th in the League.

Andy Carrol is in the advance forward position, Esmael is in the complete forward
Nolan (AMC-Support)
Alan Smith (Box 2 Box - Support)
Danny Guthrie (MC-Attack)

If do need anymore info of anything else do let me know... TQ for the help..

Last edited:
Try changing Nolan to AMC-attack and one of your forwards to targetman support. And change the box to box midfielder to deep-lying playmaker. I've been using the same formation quite a lot and that's how I have it set up. Frederick Nimani has been a beast for me as the target man.

Try changing Nolan to AMC-attack and one of your forwards to targetman support. And change the box to box midfielder to deep-lying playmaker. I've been using the same formation quite a lot and that's how I have it set up. Frederick Nimani has been a beast for me as the target man.

Thanks Dude... i will try and see... cos am not scoring as much as i wanted(as u could see frm the signature my top scorer was only 13 GOALS, SIGH) Compared to the season where i started in the COCO COLA League... Will try it.. Tq..

Last edited:
Here is my Manchester United Team:
manutdcv.jpg

Can you give me the ideal strategy for this team?

I have good players in my reserve team too.

Last edited:
this is my barca team i need to know is it better to have a more defensive minded full back if i play messi and sanchez as inside forward and what roles for imbrahimovic and muniain thanks

hi all i am in my 3rd season and i have lukaku and torres upfront for liverpool what roles and duties should i give them
help is much appreciated
thanks in advance

can anyone help on which roles to play adriano and drogba imm currently pllaying adriano as a target man and drogba as a trequastia and its not really working and i have tried lots of different combonations but havnt worked help would be appreciated :)

I would just use either adriano or drogba as a targetman with attacking duty but if you want to use both its a bit more complex, if using both set adriano to the targetman with his passing set to extreme short and with drogba restrict his long shots if you play him as a complete forward if that doesnt work set drogba to the poacher role, btw a general tip when having 2 big strikers set your passing for them each to really short; better hold up play, also set your teams crossing to floated balls not drilled or default. I would suggest you use a free role poacher with one of those 2 targetmen; doing this can really upset any teams defensive line, try jovetic and let him roam as a poacher gets assists and goals. Hope you can understand my retarded sentence constructing and if that doesnt work for you i appologise in advance!

Last edited:
can anyone help on which roles to play adriano and drogba imm currently pllaying adriano as a target man and drogba as a trequastia and its not really working and i have tried lots of different combonations but havnt worked help would be appreciated :)

Drogba as a trequastia?? he's like the opposite, try drogba as a poacher and adriano as supportive target man.

anyways onto my team:

I'm Man City, november of 1st season, 1st in league (12-1-1) (drew with utd, lost to Arsenal 1st EPL match), but my teams seems to suck in cup competitions. this is my team at the moment, with my top 2 goal-scorers out injured (adebayor-12 goals, 7(2) games, Tevez- 6 goals, 8 games)

----------------------------------------------------given--------------------------------------------
sagna(default)---mexes(def Central defender)--Lescott(same)---Bridge(default)
------------------------Barry (def CM)-----------Ireland(support box-to-box)------------
Maxi rodriguez (att winger)-----Riquelme (supp adv. playmaker)--robinho(att winger)
----------------------------------------Santa-cruz(poacher)-----------------------------------------

Riquelme has been playing terribly, apart from one game (vs. utd, scored 1, 2 assists) and I really dont have any back-up in CAM to bench him for. I have Buonanotte coming in January, but he isnt so much a playmaker as a dribbler. Is there any other tactic I can use for Riquelme to make him play better in this formation, or do I have to buy a replacement?

edit: also i was wondering how Joao Moutinho would go as a box to box midfielder, and if he would be good enough to beat Ireland into the starting XI

I am having problems with my strikers as they are not performing very well lately (nearing inconsistency) so I am considering changing roles to get better output from them.

My overall Tactic is a 4-4-2 Diamond, with 4 at the back, Defensive Midfielder, 2 midfield wingers, an advanced playmaker at AMC and 2 strikers.

Now I have 7+ performances from the rest of my team but I get 6es from my strikers, which I suspect is a good signal that something needs changing, so I need suggestions on the best instructions for my strikers.

I have Dzeko, Amauri, Trezeguet and Del Piero as strikers. The first 2 are the ones I usually use while the latter are the old guard. Here are screenshots of the attributes of each.

Back