What Team Should I be? - FM 2014

Preferred League: not one of the big 4
Financial information: Not too important, some would be nice though
Expected position: 1st
Training/youth facilities: As good as poss

looking for a league from a smaller country which is dominated by one team where i can develop a home grown based team who can over time turn into european giants.

Ukraine - Shaktar?

Preferred league: Italy, Serie A preferably but Serie B is alright.
Financial info: Secure/Rich
expected pos: Mid-table/High finish
Training/youth facilities: Anything

Thinking of a team like Napoli or Roma in Serie A. Or bringing Palermo back into Serie A. Suggestions?

Parma, - Sleeping Giant..

Preferred League: not one of the big 4
Financial information: Not too important, some would be nice though
Expected position: 1st
Training/youth facilities: As good as poss

looking for a league from a smaller country which is dominated by one team where i can develop a home grown based team who can over time turn into european giants.

Ajax.

Preferred League: Any
Financial information: Relatively rich
Expected position: Any
Training/youth facilities: I want good youth
So basically I want a nice save where I can kinda relax. I dont have to win trophies, I just want something where I dont have to be too worried about the actual matches themselves and can focus on the rest of the game.

Last edited:
Preferred league: I want something unique and different for my first FM Story. Short season would be awesome!
Financial information: I want revamp my whole squad but I rely my youth more than financial position. But making the whole squad stronger is still very important for me.
Expected position: mid-table - top because I want conquer some bigger cups/leagues outside of my own nation league.
Training/youth facilities: As good as possible. Youth is my thing!

Last edited:
Preferred league: I want something unique and different for my first FM Story. Short season would be awesome!
Financial information: I want revamp my whole squad but I rely my youth more than financial position. But making the whole squad stronger is still very important for me.
Expected position: mid-table - top because I want conquer some bigger cups/leagues outside of my own nation league.
Training/youth facilities: As good as possible. Youth is my thing!

Red Bull Salzburg?

Preferred League: Any league as long as its 1st and 2nd league of the country not lower.
Financial information: Not that important, as long as they aren't too much in debt.
Expected position: (I.e Winners, Mid-table etc):
Preferably top to mid-table I guess :/
Training/youth facilities:
Need to be as good as possible, its the one thing I really love about this game.

So there I am again. Before you advise me a team, Im not sure what to say. I am somebody that has loads of trouble getting past season 1. For the one reason I cant get past the first season without quitting my game. I'm also somebody who kind of wants to win every game within FM so games tend to be one sided (Either I win everything or I quit the game after a loss or a frustrating draw)

What Im looking for is, a team you think, can give me the pleasure back, because right now, whenever I think about playing FM it feels like a real life job. And I dont even feel like it. Been a long time since I last touched FM. (Could be a good thing too).

So yeah what team do you think would suit me right now?

Preferred League: Any league as long as its 1st and 2nd league of the country not lower.
Financial information: Not that important, as long as they aren't too much in debt.
Expected position: (I.e Winners, Mid-table etc):
Preferably top to mid-table I guess :/
Training/youth facilities:
Need to be as good as possible, its the one thing I really love about this game.

So there I am again. Before you advise me a team, Im not sure what to say. I am somebody that has loads of trouble getting past season 1. For the one reason I cant get past the first season without quitting my game. I'm also somebody who kind of wants to win every game within FM so games tend to be one sided (Either I win everything or I quit the game after a loss or a frustrating draw)

What Im looking for is, a team you think, can give me the pleasure back, because right now, whenever I think about playing FM it feels like a real life job. And I dont even feel like it. Been a long time since I last touched FM. (Could be a good thing too).

So yeah what team do you think would suit me right now?

Sounds like you want a team that can dominate the domestic league, but Europe represents a decent challenge. Teams I'd suggest are Shakhtar, Dinamo (Croatia), Steau Bucharest, Sparta Prague/Viktoria Plizen, Porto/Benefica or Ajax/PSV.

Shakhtar can be extra difficult as not many players want to play in Ukraine, plus you'll need a small core of Ukranian players for domestic league rules, not too difficult to begin with, but unless good Ukranian regens are produced it can become an issue.

Hey guys, am not quite a chooser actually so really do need quite a bit of help or maybe less on picking teams!

Preferred League: Any league
Financial information: Average as long there's enough for squad revolution. Don't need best players as long a decent player can fill in the required position.
Expected position: Really don't care much about it.
Training/youth facilities: Both should be decent/good.

How about trying the Romanian League, it use to be pretty popular along with the Serb and Croatian leagues but you don't see much on them anymore. Steau Bucharest are in real trouble IRL so they could be a good game trying to get em back to the top domestically and then the big challenge of Europe

I basically want to take any club with no trophies to build a cabinet and say "Yes, that's mine."
Are there any clubs like this? I'm willing to take non-league clubs in England. I'll also take lower league teams in Spain, Germany, or elsewhere.

Hoffenheim with their sugar daddy or Leverkusen................Anzhi............. Ruben............ i can't think of any other possibilities besides Arsenal lol............ been a long time since something was put in that cabinet.

Hoffenheim with their sugar daddy or Leverkusen................Anzhi............. Ruben............ i can't think of any other possibilities besides Arsenal lol............ been a long time since something was put in that cabinet.

Well, I'm already doing an Arsenal save so yeah. xD

Preferred League: any european lower league (except England, Italy, Spain)
Financial information: Secure without overpaid players
Expected position: n/a
Youth facilities: At least average

I prefer clubs without trophies or the fallen champions with quite young team. I want to play a long career and go from zero to hero.

As usual, I am having trouble finding a team that I like managing. Not because I lose/have bad results, I have trouble getting out of the preseason and I am already bored.

Preferred League: England, Spain, Germany, you can suggest teams in other countries too
Financial information: reasonable
Expected position: (I.e Winners, Mid-table etc) I'm looking for a team that isn't the obvious winner (Bayern, Real, City etc.)
Training/youth facilities: good

So mostly I am looking for a team that has a bunch of exciting players, one star player maybe and where I wouldn't be pressured to win the league in my first season.

Hi friends,before you choose you team, have a look this free stuff,
you can find sth you need ;).
productmarkets.net

Preferred League: any european lower league (except England, Italy, Spain)
Financial information: Secure without overpaid players
Expected position: n/a
Youth facilities: At least average

I prefer clubs without trophies or the fallen champions with quite young team. I want to play a long career and go from zero to hero.

Red star in Serbia won the CL a few decades ago, they have one of the best youth setups in europe with many in the starting XI. I enjoy playing with them atm

ozey
Reserve
user-online.png

5 Hours Ago
[h=2]fc bayern[/h]
i want to do a fun save,(i.e big team) like bayern munich before the update comes out( which could be about a month, where i will be either arsenal or dortmund) and just wondered if its any fun?! id love to take charge of bayern but if i cant win the league, im pretty ****, so dont know if it is fun? dont get a lot of time to play, so starting lower down isnt an option really. just wondered what people think? i ,like psg aswell, but not sure about the size of their squad, though they do have quality.​