What Team Should I be? - FM 2014

league: one of the big european leagues
financial: not important, atleast 1million transfer budget
position: mid table( 9 to 13)
youth facilites: great to top
Swansea, Aston Villa, Stade Rennais, Stuttgart.

Preferred League: Main european leagues (England, Spain, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal)
Financial information: preferably at least ?10 million or more
Expected position: European qualification, maybe not expected as title contenders
Training/youth facilities: good-great

Think along the lines of Liverpool, but not Liverpool.

Preferred League: Main european leagues (England, Spain, Germany, France, Italy, Netherlands, Portugal)
Expected position: European qualification, maybe not expected as title contenders

AZ Alkmaar, Spurs, Valencia, Bordeaux, HSV.

Preferred League:sky bet championship
Financial information: good 1-3/4m
Expected position: (I.e Winners, Mid-table etc) any
Training/youth facilities: good training and youth set-up

Preferred League: England/Spain/Italy (main leagues only)
Financial information: Somehow irrelevant but in place to build for the future
Expected position: European qualification, top-10 positioned.
Training/youth facilities: good or average but aiming to build for the future

I want a club to build a German approach in a long term idea, calmly and benefit from the good players that the team already has. But the main idea will be develop my facilities, staff, etc and benefit from that. Money will be used for that and for buying some players occasionally (thinking of setting a maximum for foreign players). The squad will be build around a philosophy and a team ethos (determined/professional players only).
Tactically I really want to replicate the football Germany played in the 2010 WC and finally learn to read the game (!!!!!). So, if teams already have a Ozil or Schweinsteiger type of players, that will be a bonus. But the idea will be to mold the team around the German players.

Might start a story to show my progress.

I'm already thinking in some teams but I'm so undecided that I think you guys might help me. Spurs, Liverpool, Napoli, Juventus, Bilbao, Arsenal, Southampton, Everton, etc. I really don't know lol. What's your thoughts on this?

Cheers guys

Preferred League: England/Spain/Italy (main leagues only)
Financial information: Somehow irrelevant but in place to build for the future
Expected position: European qualification, top-10 positioned.
Training/youth facilities: good or average but aiming to build for the future

I want a club to build a German approach in a long term idea, calmly and benefit from the good players that the team already has. But the main idea will be develop my facilities, staff, etc and benefit from that. Money will be used for that and for buying some players occasionally (thinking of setting a maximum for foreign players). The squad will be build around a philosophy and a team ethos (determined/professional players only).
Tactically I really want to replicate the football Germany played in the 2010 WC and finally learn to read the game (!!!!!). So, if teams already have a Ozil or Schweinsteiger type of players, that will be a bonus. But the idea will be to mold the team around the German players.

Might start a story to show my progress.

I'm already thinking in some teams but I'm so undecided that I think you guys might help me. Spurs, Liverpool, Napoli, Juventus, Bilbao, Arsenal, Southampton, Everton, etc. I really don't know lol. What's your thoughts on this?

Cheers guys

From the list above I would be inclined to go with Southampton. Some good prospects Shaw, Ward-Prowse, Chambers, Cline not o mention already established players like Lallana, Schneinerlin, Wanyama, Gaston Ramierez. Lacking in ST's Rickie Lambert good for 1 season or so but with Dani Osvaldo away on loan you other striker option is Jay Rodriguez.
Youth system 2nd to non, Southampton are notorious for bringing youngsters through, Walcott, the Ox, Bale to name a few. Then there's the financial backing from the board. Think you get around ?12mil 1st season and do well and the board will back you financially.

The thing about Saints is that the board requires players from Italy, the national country of Cortese. And I don't want that. I really want to focus on build a team with players from that country.
But yes I agree. They seem to have nice conditions already.

disregard this started with blackburn

Hi,
I would like to manage a team from liga adelante, a team that have a chance to promote in first season to liga BBVA. I've been thinking about Mallorca and Real Zaragoza, both of these teams have played there but havent won the title. Or do you have some other team from liga adelento to recommend?

Do you have some information about these teams: budgets, roster depht, youngster development... ? Do you have any experience of playing with these teams?

Thanks!

A team with a few good players
Good amount of money
Outside BPL or L1

Preferred League: norway, denmark. or any other similiar reputation league
Financial information: not to bothered as long there not in administration
Training/youth facilities: good (for there league)

fancy starting a career with a team out side england, spain, australia for a change and a new experience you could say.

Hi,
I would like to manage a team from liga adelante, a team that have a chance to promote in first season to liga BBVA. I've been thinking about Mallorca and Real Zaragoza, both of these teams have played there but havent won the title. Or do you have some other team from liga adelento to recommend?

Do you have some information about these teams: budgets, roster depht, youngster development... ? Do you have any experience of playing with these teams?

Thanks!

I played with Real Zaragoza this year and it's a nice challenge. Promotion should not be the problem, but to bring them back to where they once were (uefa-cup winners against arsenal) is a bit harder. If you want a team which doesn't win promotion that easily than you should go with Murcia, Girona or Las Palmas. Especially Murcia and Las Palmas have big stadiums and a few really good players for the Liga Adelante

Anyone got any good teams to suggest to start with, using a January transfer update? Preferably english teams

Try athletico Madrid, they are really fun, not much transfer funds and it only took me 2 season to win the league

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Preferred League: Not Spain or Italy
Financial Information: Not in debt, with a reasonable (but not huge) transfer kitty
Expected position: mid table
Training/youth facilities: Good as poss

Don't want one of the big teams, would like to develop home grown talent

Need a new save, that will keep me bussy until the new update is released! So far I've narrowed it down to two teams, Liverpool and Nantes.

Liverpool because they are doing so well at the moment, but also because they have a crazy good team.
Nantes because, even though they just got promoted to Ligue 1 last year, they have been playing well. Another reason is that they used to be one of the best teams in france.

So basically I need you guys to help me decide which of them I'll be starting a save with! Also, you're more than welcome to suggest other teams!

Preferred League: Main european leagues (England, Spain, Italy, Germany, France, Portugal(
Financial information: Irrelevant because im going to give them around ?40 million in the editor
Expected position: Not in champions league, on the fringes of qualifying for europe
Training/youth facilities: good, aiming to build for the future

I am looking for a team who I am going to set up playing possession + attacking football, I want to bring a lot of youngster in and up through the ranks and hopefully get the team to challenge for the league in a season or 2.

Preferred League: norway, denmark. or any other similiar reputation league
Financial information: not to bothered as long there not in administration
Training/youth facilities: good (for there league)

fancy starting a career with a team out side england, spain, australia for a change and a new experience you could say.

Both Br?ndby IF, AaB and FC Midtjylland have some of the best facilites in the league! Even though I personally think Br?ndby IF got the best squad, then the two other clubs have decent players aswell! :)