What Team Should I be? - FM 2014

What do you think about Australian League ? This league have initiative to have big teams etc ?

Guys, I strongly reccomend you Atalanta. Complete squad, no transfers needed, fits perfectly to 4312 formation, they got 2.5M euros to spend (I preffer first transfer window to be disabled), balanced squad, a few experienced players plus few youngsters, the board only want to you to finish at safe position, plus they got very good youth facilities. Give them a try!

What do you think about Qatar leagues ?

Was thinking of going R Sociedad myself but i think starting in a foreign league puts you back straight away.
I have played so much FM, and i watch so much football that its not a problem for me.

Just got sacked :( Wasn't doing too well, but I was 4 points off 4th spot, even though I was 12th. I even qualified 1st in my EL group. I was really excited with the same :(

Meh. I'll go with Swansea.

Vitesse is always a good team to have considering they have a good relationship with chelsea. Lot of loanees willing to come from chelsea. Feynoord have vilhena(budding superstar IMO) and twente are probably my favorite Eredivisie side. Talent out the wazoo. Wouldn't recommend Herenveen though mate.

I'd recommend Sassuolo from Italy (Serie A). They just came from Serie B and they have a solid team which you can build into an Europa League team. I will start with them right now, let me know if you have the same challenge as me :)

I want a team in Premier League, La Liga, Ligue 1 or Bundesliga with a great squad, where you don't have to buy a bunch of players to have good cover on every position. Expected position and financial status doesn't matter

want to be good team with potential of European football e.g Europa or champions league

with more than 15mil to spend
good set-up e.g with players staff and facilities

ideal leagues Spain Germany or England

as I don't know which team to be be

and also able to remove any dead wood in the club
Atl?tico Madrid, Monaco (not in preferred leagues but suit your other requirements), Liverpool, Spurs, Leverkusen.

Looking for a team in the championship with a decent budget, not Wigan though

Or if not then with players that can generate funds
Blackpool, Q.P.R., Leicester.

Hi all.

I started a career with Sociedad, but I am not doing too good. I am struggling in the league, and I am also not doing too well in Europe.

I want to continue with Sociedad, but I close to getting sacked. I know what I did wrong, but I don't want to re-start, as that is not fair imo.

I want a team similar to Sociedad, a good base, but not too strong. The ability to buy good players, but not the world beaters. the should be a top half team, with the ambition to play in Europe.

I feel Sociedad are in this position. A good base, but tough to actually win (Barca and Real are too strong).

I was thinking maybe Swansea, but I'm not sold on the idea.
Parma are a good side - they've got some quality players such as Cassano, Amauri, Vald?s, Pauletta (former Liverpool) and Gargano. Also, if I recall correctly, they're also in the Europe League - so it'd be a really fun challenge! Southampton, Gladbach and Bilbao are also good shouts.

I need very hard game any leagues. Team who is write in History of Football :)
AFC Wimbledon? They kind of have good history, and will be a challenge for sure.

Was thinking of going R Sociedad myself but i think starting in a foreign league puts you back straight away.
I don't mind foreign leagues much actually - I have decent experience of other top leagues and I like to try new things to mix it up a bit!

I want a team in Premier League, La Liga, Ligue 1 or Bundesliga with a great squad, where you don't have to buy a bunch of players to have good cover on every position. Expected position and financial status doesn't matter
As aforementioned in my post, I'd recommend Parma, Gladbach and Southampton. I'd also recommend Norwich, Sociedad and Schalke.

I'm Looking for a team to redevelop and turn there fortunes around like a mid to low level top division team or high 2nd division team, i already have a crewe save, not doing to badly top half of the table and im in december, i managed to haggle to sell max clayton for 3.5 mil then replaced him, but im now looking to start a save in a higher league to see how things fit up there before i get my little old team in the south up there, just so i can judge how i will approach it, so any suggestions will be great.

Preferred League: European
Financial information: Rich / Stable - at least ?10m + transfer budget
Expected position: Mid-Table
Training/youth facilities: Excellent Youth Facilities, with a good solid youth team already

Please don't recommend any major team eg. Barca, Real Madrid, Dortmund, Bayern Munich, Man City, Chelsea etc.

how is the best way to sell player for more money? how do you sell players guys?
(tnx for answ.) (i know that this is not topic for that thread ,but anyway :)

Mansfield Town start in League 2 with 250k transfer budget and 6k a week of space in the wage bill. Decent challenge!

Preferred League: England/french/german
Financial information: Stable
Training/youth facilities: good, very goood (rely on youth)

Need a reply soon as I am starting a story

I'm Looking for a team to redevelop and turn there fortunes around like a mid to low level top division team or high 2nd division team, i already have a crewe save, not doing to badly top half of the table and im in december, i managed to haggle to sell max clayton for 3.5 mil then replaced him, but im now looking to start a save in a higher league to see how things fit up there before i get my little old team in the south up there, just so i can judge how i will approach it, so any suggestions will be great.
Blackpool, Palermo and Zaragoza are worth a shout - they're all from the second tier of their respective countries. For some top-division teams, I'd recommend Fulham, Sunderland and Hoffenheim - all teams who seem to be on downward spiral.

Preferred League: European
Financial information: Rich / Stable - at least ?10m + transfer budget
Training/youth facilities: Excellent Youth Facilities, with a good solid youth team already

Please don't recommend any major team eg. Barca, Real Madrid, Dortmund, Bayern Munich, Man City, Chelsea etc.
Monaco, Feyenoord, Inter (they're kind of major), Sporting C.P., Southampton and Atalanta.

Preferred League: England/french/german
Financial information: Stable
Training/youth facilities: good, very goood (rely on youth)

Need a reply soon as I am starting a story
Southampton, 1860 Munich, R.C. Lens and Auxerre all have good academies, and are in the countries you've mentioned, but some of them may not fit the other criteria.

Looking for top-flight teams in Germany, Italy, England, or Spain that are well-suited to the traditional 4-4-2. Budget doesn't matter as long as the team can play that formation out of the gate, or perhaps with one or two signings.

Looking for top-flight teams in Germany, Italy, England, or Spain that are well-suited to the traditional 4-4-2. Budget doesn't matter as long as the team can play that formation out of the gate, or perhaps with one or two signings.
Southampton, Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City, Newcastle, etc. There's too many teams capable of a tradition 4-4-2 to name, to be honest, you probably need to be more specific.

Sent from my iPod Touch using Tapatalk.

Southampton, Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City, Newcastle, etc. There's too many teams capable of a tradition 4-4-2 to name, to be honest, you probably need to be more specific.

You're right I should be more specific. I guess a team where players can play in their best position and fit in, or where you look at a team and figure that a 4-4-2 is their best formation. You're right that many teams can run it, but it often means retraining guys to fit it, instead of them just fitting in right off.

Help me decide between Lyon or Celtic!

At the moment I'm leaning towards Lyon. I've always had a soft spot for them as they were my first long term save (on fm11), where I made them a powerhouse and wiped the floor domestically. That will be harder now with the riches of PSG & Monaco, plus the threat of Marseille. The team was also much weaker this time around (gone are Pjanic, Lloris, Cissokho, Lopez, Bastos, etc..). My aim would to be to repeat that success, with my transfer policy always being to sign young (preferably french) players and develop them myself. They still have all the potential, with some good young homegrown players, no debt, and a stadium move in 2015.

I've already finished the first season, coming 3rd, runner-up in both cups and last 16 in UCL (would've been 2nd, 1 cup win and quarters of UCL if it wasn't for the ME bugs).

My other option is Celtic. As I love nothing more than a homegrown team, I was inspired by their UCL win where they had a team of local players. So my idea would be to try and replicate that by only buying Scottish players (mostly), whilst dominating the domestic scene. My only concern is that poor future youth intakes would kill the incentive in this save.

As I said I'm slightly leaning towards being Lyon, particularly as I already have one 4.5* and two 5* regens in my youth setup. Would love to hear some other opinions though!