What Team Should I be? - FM 2014

I recently played a season with Shakhtar using a 4231 using DM's an AMC advanced playmaker support and two inside forwards, it worked really well in the league as I cruised to the domestic double.

I'm looking now to see if it's actually a good tactic I've made or if it was purely down to having a superior team so I'm after suggestions for teams to be who ideally already have the players to fit into this formation, any league, any finances, any expectations etc as having the players already suited to this formation is more important for my testing.

I recently played a season with Shakhtar using a 4231 using DM's an AMC advanced playmaker support and two inside forwards, it worked really well in the league as I cruised to the domestic double.

I'm looking now to see if it's actually a good tactic I've made or if it was purely down to having a superior team so I'm after suggestions for teams to be who ideally already have the players to fit into this formation, any league, any finances, any expectations etc as having the players already suited to this formation is more important for my testing.
Can't go wrong with dortmund. Benfica should also be able to do the trick and work for your formation. You would only get challenged in Europe though. So you could try fiorentina as they aren't the best in Italy but they have the capacity to beat any team really. Hope it helps

Preferred League: Championship
Financial information: Secure but not too bothered
Expected position: A good squad but not league winners
Training/youth facilities: n/a

Just want a decent team that I can play with and improve to take up. I'll probably take a better job offer after a season or two so finances/youth facilities aren't really essential. It'll also be my first save on FM14.

Cheers lads

FM is downloading and I'm after either a bottom half championship and top half league one. Another option is to pick a Premier league team of the past who have all but disappeared from the limelight.

Could be tempted to go with portsmouth but worried it might be stretching too far given club finances. Another option could be leicester

Last edited:

Just want a decent team that I can play with and improve to take up. I'll probably take a better job offer after a season or two so finances/youth facilities aren't really essential. It'll also be my first save on FM14.

Cheers lads
Perhaps you can try, with Schalke 04, Sporting do Lisboa, Valencia, Inter

Cheers lads

Try my team....Middlesbrough's, they have good youth and training facilities, not a great budget, I managed to get into prem in first season then chairman sold club to a local man, small cash injection gave me a transfer budget of about 10M and now I'm half way through first season in prem and I'm a relegation candidate...have lost games I should have won but claiming valuable draws against arsenal man u and Liverpool could save me.

Preferred League: England/The Netherlands, Germany of Spain Not the highest league but 1 or 2 lower then that.
Financial information: Transfer budget of 1m+ would be nice
Expected position: 10th-5th
Training/youth facilities: good facilities!

Im kinda looking for a squad to invest with, and try to reach the top league within a season or 2-3. Then see if we can reach Europe within 5 seasons.

Any foreign teams with good youth intake/training facilities? Bit fed up of managing in England all the time

Any foreign teams with good youth intake/training facilities? Bit fed up of managing in England all the time
TSV 1860 M?nchen has an awesome youth recruitment. In my first season i got 2 regens with 4.5 stars and one with 4 stars, which ain't bad. Currently i'm trying to build conquer Munich and Germany with them :)
1860 ain't foreign for me though, as I live here in Munich :D

Preferred League:Germany/France/Spain (Not England)
Financial information:Rich with lot of transfer budget
Expected position: Potential to get Top 4 Position
Training/youth facilities:Excellent training facilities/ (Youth does not matter)

Teams except Southampton, and big clubs (like Bayern, Dortmund etc)

Preferred League: Prem
Financial information: Around 10 - 15 Million
Expected position: Mid table or just about pushing for Europa.

No real preference just a team I can completely overhaul and enjoy for a long time. I am struggling to keep a save going and really need help!! :)

No real preference just a team I can completely overhaul and enjoy for a long time. I am struggling to keep a save going and really need help!! :)

Try Southampton or Everton. Really good saves. Great youth facilities, talented first-team squad and good transfer budget.

Preferred League: Any top division in Europe except England

Financial information: Some budget but nothing massive

Expected position: Mid table but pushing Europe

Looking for a team with at least 1 STAR player. Whether that means current or future, someone I can rely on or sell for alot of money if I need to.

Any suggestions?

Preferred League: Any top division in Europe except England

Financial information: Some budget but nothing massive

Expected position: Mid table but pushing Europe

Looking for a team with at least 1 STAR player. Whether that means current or future, someone I can rely on or sell for alot of money if I need to.

Any suggestions?

Inter, Wolfsburg, Monaco, Athletic Bilbao (Basque policy), Hamburger.

Looking for a side in the skrill prem,would rather a decent financial position and a few good young players or good young recruitment for that level.
Cheers

I search club :

No European Leagues

All leagues from Africa to Ocenaia :)