What Team Should I be? - FM 2014

Hey guys,

desperately looking for a team in Europe (preferably in Germany) to start a save with. I like to keep things real- to start building my career from bottom to top. So if you could recommend me a second-tier club in Europe or a club from a smaller nation I will really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance :)

okee, guys.

I am choosing between 4 teams:

- Werder Bremen ( Making them the top-team of the old days, with a lot of German players)

- Genoa / Sampdoria ( making Genoa the second / third football city of Italie, with a lot of Italien players)

- Sevilla ( making them the 3rd team of Spain, with a lot of spanish players)

Preferred League: I like Serie A the most but Germanys good aswell.

Financial information: Someone secure, I'm not really that bothered in all honestly as long as they at least have some money.

Expected position: Someone I can build into a good team, or maybe restore them to what they were e.g. Mid Table or Europa League team.

Training/Youth: I don't mind about youth or Training facilities, I view this as a benefit not a neccessary.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

theexperienced what about these.

inter milan, napoli, sampdoria, borussia monchengladbac, wolfsberg, stuttgart

many more to choose from and all are good teams to be imo

anyone know of a lower league (1,2, conference) english team with a big sugar daddy so quite a bit of money?

Preferred League: I like Serie A the most but Germanys good aswell.

Financial information: Someone secure, I'm not really that bothered in all honestly as long as they at least have some money.

Expected position: Someone I can build into a good team, or maybe restore them to what they were e.g. Mid Table or Europa League team.

Training/Youth: I don't mind about youth or Training facilities, I view this as a benefit not a neccessary.

Go for INTER, I'm a supporter :D

You start with budget 8M, but you could change slide it to 18M reducing wages. Inter has only Serie A (not in Eu Competitions).
Why you should go for Inter?
- Well, because you are in year 0, and you have to rebuild squad cutting wages and sell old players. The first year I sold players with wage over 3,8M, 4M year (cambiasso, milito, kuzmanovich, Palacio 10M, pereira 11M, Alvarez 9M, Schelotto 8M, ecc ....)
- If you manage good it has a big potential and in 2 year (the first you cannot take a part to champions league) you can win champions.
- It has some good players (Guarin, Ranocchia, Handanovic...) and awesome youngs like Kovacic (beast, never sell him), Taider (beast), Juan Jesus, Duncan, Bardi (future GK) and AWESOME strikers: Belfodil and Icardi.
- You could sell many players if play good making awesome deals (Ranocchia 20M January, Taider 40M, Nagatomo 17M, Handanovic 30M)

Last edited:
Go for INTER, I'm a supporter :D

You start with budget 8M, but you could change slide it to 18M reducing wages. Inter has only Serie A (not in Eu Competitions).
Why you should go for Inter?
- Well, because you are in year 0, and you have to rebuild squad cutting wages and sell old players. The first year I sold players with wage over 3,8M, 4M year (cambiasso, milito, kuzmanovich, Palacio 10M, pereira 11M, Alvarez 9M, Schelotto 8M, ecc ....)
- If you manage good it has a big potential and in 2 year (the first you cannot take a part to champions league) you can win champions.
- It has some good players (Guarin, Ranocchia, Handanovic...) and awesome youngs like Kovacic (beast, never sell him), Taider (beast), Juan Jesus, Duncan, Bardi (future GK) and AWESOME strikers: Belfodil and Icardi.
- You could sell many players if play good making awesome deals (Ranocchia 20M January, Taider 40M, Nagatomo 17M, Handanovic 30M)

Thanks for your feedback, it's like you read my mind as I started with them earlier today :D Yeah they look very good, I think we need a right sided midfielder but apart from that we should be fine, thanks for your advice :)

Hello, I need a long term save, were I can have youth as a main goal :) Furthermore the team needs a couple good players, and some decent/good facilties.

Hello, I need a long term save, were I can have youth as a main goal :) Furthermore the team needs a couple good players, and some decent/good facilties.
Hey mate, I'm using Real Madrid and they have what you want... The Whites have a great senior set up (including the top two record transfers as well as a former #1 expensive player as Assistant Manager - i.e. Zidane) as well as strong youth side in the Castilla bunch... Players like Alvaro Morata, Jese, Nacho, Cabrera, and Borja have all graduated from Castilla to the senior squad, when I took control of RMCF...

I mean, other than Barcelona and maybe even Bayern Munich, what other great European team has such a perfect mix of these as well as top-notch training facilities? :wub:

Last edited:
Right im not too sure about what league or country, but im one of the players who can never stick with a season, i always get bored! the only one i completed was with wolves and i got bored of that after one season... i need ideas on what team to be and how to not get bored of a season straight away! any ideas would appreciated muchly!

Try St. Pauli ("The Pirates of the League"). They are a fairly strong 2nd Bundesliga team. The club is a very left wing club that ironically wears brown shirts. The club is pure punk rock.

I'd like a team playing in the champions league, likely to get through the group stages with decent money and squad. Not Chelsea.

Hi,
So I'm looking for a lil' difficult team. I want to spend a lot of time to do something big with it. I'm thinking about:

- Glasgow Rangers
- Hammarby
- Wolverhampton
- Boavista Porto
- RB Leipzig

id go with hammerby just cuz i like there name haha and arnt as popular

League: Not England, but in the Major Europe
Finance: Stable/capable of selling of players
Expected Position: Not in Europe currently.
Facilities: Not necessary

I am looking for a team where I can buy younger players and build the team through them. I have a soft spot for Real Betis. For Spain, not Bilbao(only Basque) and not Sociedad(currently in Europe)

Last edited:
rayo vallecano, gatefa, malaga, villerall, elche, ud almeria (good save, some quality players), bayern lerkurkusan (sp?), werder breman, stuttgarts, hsv, hanover 96,