Which Team Should I Be?

Hey guys - I'm starting a network game with a couple of friends, and we decided that we are going to play in the Championship. We also agreed that none of us takes Leeds.

What I'm looking for is a championship side that is one of the favorite teams to win the championship or get a promotion to the PL. (Exept Leeds)

Also it would be preferable if that team has a nice budget like 5m, doesnt have depth and Good youth/training facilities, and a decent/good Stadium.

Am I asking for to much? Any feedback would be really appreciated!!!

I have started numerous saves including starting with a club and unemployed but im struggling to really get into one. Can anyone recommend me a team they had a really good save with? Preferably quite a high profile club, easy about which nation. Thanks!

I'm at the point on my save with Reading where i've done virtually everything, in the champions league, currently leading the league, won the fa cup etc. I've virtually secured the league so i'm really bored of it

I was just wondering, which team should i go that is a reasonable challenge (nothing too difficult) not really a fan of minnow foreign leagues, but i'm just wondering what good saves you guys have had that maybe i would like. Thanks.

I have started numerous saves including starting with a club and unemployed but im struggling to really get into one. Can anyone recommend me a team they had a really good save with? Preferably quite a high profile club, easy about which nation. Thanks!
Me too mate

Can anyone recomend a smallish team with a big transfer budget outside of the big leagues in europe thanks

Looking for a team to manage, but it cannot be in the spanish league, and i want to avoid the german but if its worth it i'd do it.
So far i have managed sunderland in 2 seasons and Roma in 3 seasons i want something similar to that, i mean the players, money and facilities.

11.3. LFCMarshalls summer update v2. looking for league 1 or below, would also consider lower reputation nations top league(ie croatia/romania)

---------- Post added at 06:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Can anyone recomend a smallish team with a big transfer budget outside of the big leagues in europe thanks

have a look at the russian premier league or ukraine. shaktar n cska moscow possibly

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Ok i tried it with Motherwell and no players would sign even 3rd division players wouldn't . Did you use cheats ?

1st season i finished 8th, with squad i had and lucky cup run to final, got beat off rangers but got euro footie. 2nd season got a few free signings and loans in. take hard work.

Looking for a team to manage, but it cannot be in the spanish league, and i want to avoid the german but if its worth it i'd do it.
So far i have managed sunderland in 2 seasons and Roma in 3 seasons i want something similar to that, i mean the players, money and facilities.

Lille and Wolfsburg are both fun to manage

Looking to manage a team in the Championship, possibly with a very good squad already and a decent amount of money??

11.3. LFCMarshalls summer update v2. looking for league 1 or below, would also consider lower reputation nations top league(ie croatia/romania)
I am from Romania,I would recommend you to start with Astra Ploiesti(if you want to win in 2-3 years Liga I),Pandurii Targu-Jiu(if you want to struggle for an european cup) or,if you are an amateur of lower leagues,I would recommend CF Braila(you'll face a big challenge just to stay in the Liga II).

I have a save of 3 seasons now and I really made some bad choices. I started with Southampton because of Chamberlain who I adore. But then got a choice to manage Cardiff end they were a bit higher in Championship( got promotion with Southampton), so I chose Cardiff but did bad and got fired. Then the only team was Santa Clara in 2d division portugal, but I really hate this stepdown... So I am thinking of starting a new save. Would I try with Southampton again or should I try another similar team? If another team, give sugestions please :)

Never in the history of CM/FM have I bored of a game this quick - so please help me out guys and recommend a save that'll renew my faith in FM11 and keep me going until the next edition!

Last edited:
The real challange would be Derby County, could anybody make a bigger hash than Clough ? NO !

Which team is more enjoyable to play as; Newcastle, Everton or Birmingham?

Team in the English Premier League- Should have half-decent budget, not a bad side but maybe on the fringes of a relegation battle but real potential to push on into the Europa League in the opening seasons.

Also, a team in the Championship, which should get into the Premier League in the first 2 seasons. Not to a high a budget, so its a little bit more challenging ^^)

Which team is more enjoyable to play as; Newcastle, Everton or Birmingham?

I've had good games w/ Everton.

Team in the English Premier League- Should have half-decent budget, not a bad side but maybe on the fringes of a relegation battle but real potential to push on into the Europa League in the opening seasons.

Also, a team in the Championship, which should get into the Premier League in the first 2 seasons. Not to a high a budget, so its a little bit more challenging ^^)

Prem team - I'd recommend Everton (again), although you'll have no budget whatsoever. I've managed to get 3rd place first season without using monthly installments, but a couple of key injuries may see you fighting for survival, since you won't have much squad depth.

As for a Championship team, Pompey is quite challenging but you can get promoted in the first/second season if you try hard enough.

Please help.
Suffering from lack of **** to play fm 11, i seek to you guys for help.
I need a challenge, please as challenging as possible.
Any challenge is welcome, be creative.

English league - not premiership
Not much debt - dont really mind about transfer budget
I'd also like a team with a big fan base and potential to realistically compete at highest level

Ok i'm bored i've done newcastle seasons with them i don't want a team like man city real madrid barcelona ect

Ok i don't mind what country but i would like a decent budget 10-15M
Any league...

And maybes a chance with uefa/champions league or league contenders thank you

Right.

I am really struggling to find a save and team that I enjoy managing after ditching a save that I had for about 5 seasons and wanted something fresh so I'm putting my decision in the FM Base poster's hands.

Leagues - I'll be loading England, Spain, Italy and Germany but happy with any European league
Challenge - I want to try and take a team to the next level. Must be an expected top half finisher but I want to try and take a CL qualifier to the League title, a Europa League qualifier to the CL or a mid table finisher in to Europe. I don't mind which as long as it fits one of these ideas
Budget - reasonable but not massive. Essentially, enough to be able to at least make a few attempt purchases in the transfer market
Added bonus - good to excellent youth and training set up.

Cheers for any ideas in advance

Back